CW: I Feel It I Sense It | The Boneyard

CW: I Feel It I Sense It

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Gotta love her irrational exuberance!!!!!

Hardly irrational. That is how the #1 HS player should feel. We may not be the favorites but if the freshman jell (it is possible), and our key players demonstrate realistic improvement and we have no injuries, I think we are definitely in the FF and from there, anything can happen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
"People are gonna feel UCONN." I love that! I can see it being used as a rallying cry, or a victory phrase: "They're really FEELING UCONN now!"

The wording "People are going to feel UConn" is a more dramatic description of her feelings and mindset than "win a championship" which was somewhat the result of the interviewer's leading questions. I love it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
gone where? CD can demand a lotta things but I dont think she'd touch the hair

No Daddy. Not that kind of gone ... pulled out by the roots kinda gone of hair constantly under tension. :eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Christyn keeps growing her hair, by the time she is a senior, I’ll be looking for the basketball equivalent of baseball’s “hidden ball trick.” ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm sure glad she is at UCONN because much like DT if she had played anywhere else I would not have been able to stand her and would be roasting her for that statement.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Normally, I would be a little reticent to endorse such a bold statement by a youngster. But after the McD AA game, CW indicated, matter-of-factly, that she had expected to be the MVP of the game. In the words of Will Rogers, "It ain't bragging if it's true."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Geno has no problem with this statement. Geno has often implied the team is too nice and could use more edge and it is refreshing that a player is 100% sure she will make a difference.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love this kid already. I mean what's not to love? She's bubbly, confident, well spoken, and according to her, the team has been working "hard" all summer and will be ready by October. Having said that, I wonder if she had a chat with Brianna "their hard is not my hard" Banks... ;)

Seriously though, nothing in her comments to pick on - even for opponents. It's not like she said "I guarantee". I bet you that most of the top freshmen in the class who are going to ND, Baylor, Texas, L'ville, Oregon, etc. either have said similar, or feel, the same way.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
You do know that phrase was first used by former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan to describe the behavior of investors just prior to the 2008 market crash and subsequent recession...
No, he said that in 1996 or thereabouts, after which the stock market rose steadily for another four years.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Gosh, that Do. I'd figure all her hair would be gone by now.

I warned y'all that puff would bring out a lot of BY-ers hair envy.

I love CW and I'm getting chills about the coming season. But right now I'm feeling a lot of things, including a little weariness while taking care of my mother and a little gas. In order for UConn to win the chip this coming season however, CW and ONO will have to contribute a lot early and late. ONO especially will have to play the second half of the season like a demon and be a rim protector like they haven't seen since Stewie. Otherwise, the FF for this team is an achievement.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm sure glad she is at UCONN because much like DT if she had played anywhere else I would not have been able to stand her and would be roasting her for that statement.
No doubt. Like Boothe before she backed out of Texas.

Reaction Score
Gosh, that Do. I'd figure all her hair would be gone by now.

I am confused, why would you expect her hair to be "gone" by now? Is there a UCONN rule about the length of a player's hair of which I am unaware? More importantly, have you made such a comment about any other player's hair, such as Lou, Kia Nurse, Molly, Lexi, etc? Beyond that, what does her hair have to do with her statement, her play, or whether she is a good person or teammate. There are far more pressing matters you could have raised than why she still has so much hair. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with her hair! IT IS JUST HAIR!!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I love it. Not so much bragging but quiet confidence.

I don't know how telling reporters "We're going to get the National Championship" months before her first college game is "quiet", but maybe we have different definitions of that word.

I guess she didn't use a megaphone. That would have been louder.

That said, I don't really have a problem with it. Kids say the darnedest things, you know? At the end of the day, you have to prove it on the court.

If I recall correctly, before the Elite 8 game, Ionescu was telling reporters about what great numbers she would put up (I think it was double-digit assists that she predicted). Then, she lost. It looks real cool to talk about how you're going to beat everyone. Until you lose.

This being UConn, the Huskies may not lose and she may get to look real cool. Time will tell.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know how telling reporters "We're going to get the National Championship" months before her first college game is "quiet", but maybe we have different definitions of that word.

I guess she didn't use a megaphone. That would have been louder.

That said, I don't really have a problem with it. Kids say the darnedest things, you know? At the end of the day, you have to prove it on the court.

If I recall correctly, before the Elite 8 game, Ionescu was telling reporters about what great numbers she would put up (I think it was double-digit assists that she predicted). Then, she lost. It looks real cool to talk about how you're going to beat everyone. Until you lose.

This being UConn, the Huskies may not lose and she may get to look real cool. Time will tell.
Fair point. Here's my answer. She wasn't jumping up and down, yelling, pounding her chest. She stated her belief with quiet conviction.

I like her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom