CW: I Feel It I Sense It | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CW: I Feel It I Sense It

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this team could use an injection of moxie after two years in a row of wilting on the biggest stage against inferior, but mentally tougher competition.

This could be the kind of leadership we need.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Around the time I first became aware of her, she was known as "the velvet beast."

Haven't seen that lately.
I hadn’t heard that, but it applies.

Hailey Van Lith, our PG recruit from 2020 is “The Cashmere Beast.” She plays for Cashmere (Washington) High School. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am confused, why would you expect her hair to be "gone" by now? Is there a UCONN rule about the length of a player's hair of which I am unaware? More importantly, have you made such a comment about any other player's hair, such as Lou, Kia Nurse, Molly, Lexi, etc? Beyond that, what does her hair have to do with her statement, her play, or whether she is a good person or teammate. There are far more pressing matters you could have raised than why she still has so much hair. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with her hair! IT IS JUST HAIR!!!

Gag. Didn't read the thread? I think her Do is a kick. But bunched up hair is hard on the follicles. Many a gal who wears it "up" has lost an inch or two at the hairline. Shea is one. Relax. I didn't want to express a bad opinion on her hairstyle.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, before the Elite 8 game, Ionescu was telling reporters about what great numbers she would put up (I think it was double-digit assists that she predicted). Then, she lost. It looks real cool to talk about how you're going to beat everyone. Until you lose.

Yeah, better to wait till you win a game and then rub it in by yelling something classless when you walk by the losing team's locker room with the door open. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yes, it is better to boast after you've won rather than before.

(That incident predates my die-hard fandom but I understand that what exactly was said and the manner in which it was said are disputed matters).

Putting aside the questions about what exactly happened I think it shows more courage to trash talk before stepping on the court than to gloat afterwards when you know you'll never again have to play the targets of your comments. CW said she was going to win a title. She didn't say it would be next season or even the season after. Considering the history at UConn what she said wasn't at all outrageous.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm sure glad she is at UCONN because much like DT if she had played anywhere else I would not have been able to stand her and would be roasting her for that statement.
thanks for admitting that... cause we know only UConn players can say such things

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You do know that phrase was first used by former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan to describe the behavior of investors just prior to the 2008 market crash and subsequent recession...
Good morning sunshine.

Reaction Score
You do know that phrase was first used by former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan to describe the behavior of investors just prior to the 2008 market crash and subsequent recession...
Of course!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom