CV putting in work | The Boneyard

CV putting in work

Reaction Score
got that ball on a string. He's been in this gym since school got out. Working hard. Great to see. Also working with a really good trainer. Works with a lot of top players in the area.

Check out the comments, some support from Enoch and Durham, maybe all isn't lost and brotherhood around the UConnprogram is an actual thing and not just "fake love"

Reaction Score
Great to see CV putting in the time. Getting burned by recruits and having so many transfers out will help motivate the guys sticking things out.

I'm still waiting for VJ or JD to announce they are coming back. Vance in particular has been showing up a lot in Jalens social media and leaving makes no sense for either one of them... especially given our bench being so inexperienced and thin.

Reaction Score
Nice to see. And this is a nice reminder for recruits and us. Some of our best players have been average recruits who worked their way to the top.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for VJ or JD to announce they are coming back. Vance in particular has been showing up a lot in Jalens social media and leaving makes no sense for either one of them... especially given our bench being so inexperienced and thin.

Don't hold your breath. They are all friends. That doesn't stop once somebody decides to transfer.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't hold your breath. They are all friends. That doesn't stop once somebody decides to transfer.

Not holding my breath ... but it would be easier to re-recruit Durham or Vance than to find equal quality replacements in either 2017 or 2018 classes. We do have two new arrivals, Coach Chill and Carlos Daniel, which may have relieved two of the major concerns -- and they've had over a month to get to know them. Also, if KO has recovered his zeal for basketball coaching, and made amends or apologized for his own mistakes, that may help to win back their allegiance.

Reaction Score
Not holding my breath ... but it would be easier to re-recruit Durham or Vance than to find equal quality replacements in either 2017 or 2018 classes. We do have two new arrivals, Coach Chill and Carlos Daniel, which may have relieved two of the major concerns -- and they've had over a month to get to know them. Also, if KO has recovered his zeal for basketball coaching, and made amends or apologized for his own mistakes, that may help to win back their allegiance.
Yeah. Likewise, I'm not holding my breath. But given the uninspired efforts they've put into finding a new home thus far I'm just not going to be blown away if one of them realizes transferring was a bad idea for both UConn and their future as players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah. Likewise, I'm not holding my breath. But given the uninspired efforts they've put into finding a new home thus far I'm just not going to be blown away if one of them realizes transferring was a bad idea for both UConn and their future as players.

What exactly has been their efforts?

pj

Reaction Score
What exactly has been their efforts?

Vance has taken visits to Rutgers and Washington. Durham reportedly took a visit to Notre Dame earlier this month and has scheduled a visit to Va Tech for May 28, with other possible visits to Georgia Tech, Clemson, and maybe Duke or Louisville.

Reaction Score
Vance has taken visits to Rutgers and Washington. Durham reportedly took a visit to Notre Dame earlier this month and has scheduled a visit to Va Tech for May 28, with other possible visits to Georgia Tech, Clemson, and maybe Duke or Louisville.
Call me crazy, but Vance has visited two schools in a lot worse shape than we are. And he would not benefit sitting out a year. Major minutes are up for grabs on a UConn team with some big games next year to make a name for himself in.

Before he said he was transferring I saw him as the Neil Giffey to Larrier's Deandre Daniels next year, but unfortunately he and his father saw it another way.

Durham is a tougher sell. But a new training regiment from a new staff could help him see the light of sticking around and not playing any real basketball until fall 2018.

Reactions: pj

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Not a bad idea. In Desperate times a different approach may work.

Reaction Score
He's a hungry husky for sure. he's definitely gunna want the ball by junior/senior year. Love it!

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but Vance has visited two schools in a lot worse shape than we are. And he would not benefit sitting out a year. Major minutes are up for grabs on a UConn team with some big games next year to make a name for himself in.

Before he said he was transferring I saw him as the Neil Giffey to Larrier's Deandre Daniels next year, but unfortunately he and his father saw it another way.

Durham is a tougher sell. But a new training regiment from a new staff could help him see the light of sticking around and not playing any real basketball until fall 2018.
I think Vance made a decision that will hurt whatever his NBA chances are. He needs at least 2 more years to even think about going and now he's going to sit out, for what? He has the size and shooting ability and with all of the PT we have, the chance to develop. I know many here think he can't sniff the league but we know it's the dream of all these kids. If he was smart he should rethink this. Does he hate KO, is that the problem aside from his father?

Reaction Score
CV is a building block for sure. He is heady and skilled. We are very fortunate to have him.

Couldn't agree more. If Larrier, Gilbert and Adams are quick enough to draw extra attention he is going to get some open looks and have a Griffey type role from the perimeter. He won't get plays called for him, but if his man has a hedge/help assignment on D he is going to get good perimeter looks and cut opportunities. His last half of the season was efficient from deep which fills an important role in stretching the defense. For a sophomore at a school like Uconn, I'm imagining that is about as good a role as he could have hoped for. I just hope the team is good :)

I'd have loved to see him hit a left handed layup at full speed in that video. He missed a couple of fast break layups last season that drove me nuts.

Reaction Score
Great to see CV putting in the time. Getting burned by recruits and having so many transfers out will help motivate the guys sticking things out.

Wait......is this post serious? Lol

Reaction Score
Love this kid. He'll be a huge piece for this team these next three years.

Reaction Score
Off-season conditioning program for the guards will be a key for next season. They will be called upon to play 35+ minutes a game and can't have the lulls of the last few years due to fatigue.

Reaction Score
Wait.is this post serious? Lol
Yes... which part is hilarious to you? The psychology of human motivation? Or the possibility that one of two players who asked for a release might decide to come back?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom