Cuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cuse

Reaction Score
Would have been nice if Ollie showed interest in Ty Jerome (New Rochelle). Hurley was in on him at URI. I guess a 3-point assassin didn't fit Ollies long term plan.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Zone defense is intended to mask deficiencies. Its why they produce such awful pros.
I don't think he has employed this scheme for decades to hide deficiencies
I think he did it because he knows that everyone else is primary man to man and if they load a zone with kids who are athletic with long arms it will baffle most teams - especially in a win or die tournament
It has worked on occasion but if you do it all the time, teams will overcome
Wouldn't it be a hoot if he threw in a man to man - now that would baffle the opposition
But it is a detriment to some of their kids who make it to the pro ranks
I hope he keeps it up
Their fans are the most obnoxious and ill informed. They think they know basketball - not. In fact most know very little about Syracuse except the Picker, Melo, and the Pearl.
They pretend not to know 4 to 1 but that is something that won't change except that 4 number may increase in a few years

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Every time I feel depressed about being in the AAC, it's always makes me happier when I see Syracuse fans still go out of their way to make fun of UConn for being in the AAC.

Being in the AAC is sad. Being in the ACC and still being jealous of a team in the AAC is even more sad. It's their secret little way of acknowledging 4>1....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Would have been nice if Ollie showed interest in Ty Jerome (New Rochelle). Hurley was in on him at URI. I guess a 3-point assassin didn't fit Ollies long term plan.
Thanks for your opinion
Imagine this years team with Akinjo?

Reaction Score
Covered him in HS when I was still interested in journalism. Never saw a HS player with a higher IQ. Absolute floor general.

Reaction Score

This kid is amazing. I think he's one of the most underrated players in the nation.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thanks for your opinion
Imagine this years team with Akinjo?

In fairness, this particular team wouldn't have gained much from James this year. The things we were really lacking, weren't exactly his forte.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to have him of course.

It's just that this year's team needed a beast power forward. And a tall, 3pt assassin at the 2/3.

Reaction Score
In fairness, this particular team wouldn't have gained much from James this year. The things we were really lacking, weren't exactly his forte.

Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to have him of course.

It's just that this year's team needed a beast power forward. And a tall, 3pt assassin at the 2/3.
Also in fairness, getting Akinjo would’ve meant retaining Ollie...

Reaction Score

Based on the rumors that circulated and have somewhat been corroborated by the beat writers, the whole team was going to leave more or less at which point Akinjo probably would have decommited anyway when he realized he was the only guy left on the team.

Ollie coaches a skeleton crew of players made up 2 stars, grad transfers, and JUCOs the following season only to get fired a year later than he actually was let go, Hurley ends up at Pitt, and someone else has to come in and clean up even more of a dumpster fire than the one Hurley inherited this season.

Reaction Score
Based on the rumors that circulated and have somewhat been corroborated by the beat writers, the whole team was going to leave more or less at which point Akinjo probably would have decommited anyway when he realized he was the only guy left on the team.

Ollie coaches a skeleton crew of players made up 2 stars, grad transfers, and JUCOs the following season only to get fired a year later than he actually was let go, Hurley ends up at Pitt, and someone else has to come in and clean up even more of a dumpster fire than the one Hurley inherited this season.
Bingo, it wouldn't have been Akinjo added to this roster. There was absolutely going to be transfers, probably another mass exodus.

Reaction Score
Every time I feel depressed about being in the AAC, it's always makes me happier when I see Syracuse fans still go out of their way to make fun of UConn for being in the AAC.

Being in the AAC is sad. Being in the ACC and still being jealous of a team in the AAC is even more sad. It's their secret little way of acknowledging 4>1....

We are living rent free in Syracuse, NY.

Reaction Score
Hurley could have tried to rerecruit Akinjo but went with Adams instead. JA didn’t shoot it great this year but he’s an undeniable leader and a terrific ball handler. Oh and a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Hurley could have tried to rerecruit Akinjo but went with Adams instead. JA didn’t shoot it great this year but he’s an undeniable leader and a terrific ball handler. Oh and a lot of fun to watch.

Akinjo decommitted 5 seconds after KO was fired. For reasons we will never understand, the kid was dead set on playing for a coach that couldn’t adequately prepare his senior laden team to play Wagner and Northeastern to open the season. Or maybe going to OT with Monmouth and Columbia appealed to him. Or losing to Yale...we will never know.

Reaction Score
Akinjo decommitted 5 seconds after KO was fired. For reasons we will never understand, the kid was dead set on playing for a coach that couldn’t adequately prepare his senior laden team to play Wagner and Northeastern to open the season. Or maybe going to OT with Monmouth and Columbia appealed to him. Or losing to Yale...we will never know.

Thanks for the reminder I almost forgot about those losses.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Zzzz...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom