Cuse Waiting in the next round | The Boneyard

Cuse Waiting in the next round

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it will be good for Liv to play against a 6'7" big. Remind her what it will take back in the real world.
This is when you need Liv to hit some mid range jumpers and diversify. I think we may need size reinforcements like Piath too

Reaction Score
I've seen Syracuse play a bunch of games this season. UConn should beat them, and might beat them easily, but Cardoso is the real deal inside, Engstler does a little of everything and you've gotta love Mangakahia. I think UConn wins with their defense.

Reaction Score
Bad mojo to get ahead of ourselves. We have a game tonight to worry about.

Reaction Score
They have depth up front so they are fine if Cardoso goes to the bench. And they play zone. I thought it was pretty porous - the FT line was wide open all the time and quick passing always got people open. They depend on their length being able to bother shots, but if we pass well we should get clean looks.

Having Muhl available and letting Paige find seams in the zone off the ball where she can make passes would be ideal. But it will be a game where we need to make shots. Evina could also be a good passer from the middle of the zone.

Reaction Score
Syracuse will give UConn all they can handle. This game will be within 10 points.
Not going to happen, Lewis is a gunner, takes a lot of bad shots, and a terrible shooter. All Uconn has to do is let her get her 15 to 20 shots she doesn't hit 40%. Her senior partner in crime Strautmane is another terrible shooter. They both shoot about 35%, and about 26% from 3.
UConn will win by 30+.

Reaction Score
Not going to happen, Lewis is a gunner, takes a lot of bad shots, and a terrible shooter. All Uconn has to do is let her get her 15 to 20 shots she doesn't hit 40%. Her senior partner in crime Strautmane is another terrible shooter. They both shoot about 35%, and about 26% from 3.
UConn will win by 30+.
Syracuse will be better next year with players not looking for their own shot. Addition by Subtraction.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Against the South Dakota State Jackrabbits today, who did not appear to me to be playing distinguished defense, Syracuse shot 36.8%, although they did shoot 38% from the arc. However, 31 of their 68 shots were 3-pointers, which seems excessive. If they try to shoot that many against UConn, they are going to shoot some bad ones because of the extended defense that UConn is now playing.

I also would note Cardoso's stat line against a team without any height to contend with her in the paint. She played 23 minutes (conditioning? --she only had 2 fouls), scored 12 points on 4-for-9 shooting and 4-for-6 from the free throw line, and had only 3 rebounds! She did block 6 shots, which is what she should be doing against a team like the Jackrabbits.

I certainly hope that Liv and Aaliyah will each have more of an impact than that on Tuesday. I would not expect Cardoso to have better stats against UConn than she had against today's opponent.

Reaction Score
So-

As the resident UCONN fan who lives in Syracuse and has a restaurant here that the players come to, I can tell you first and foremost, that Cordoso is just the sweetest and nicest thing you could ever meet in your life.

As for the team, I'm a season ticket holder and watch just about every one of their games.

Things that make me nervous:
**They can get HOT from 3.
**They have tremendous size.
**Cordoso will be the best center in the country by her junior year, IMO. She runs the floor well, has great hands, and great instincts.
**They have a very senior and very experienced backcourt.

Things that Syracuse falls victim to:
**They turn the ball over a lot and make a lot of bad decisons
**Q is a great recruiter, not so great in game coach.
**They can miss a lot of layups
**Their D isn't the best

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see how Q uses Engstler against UConn. She seems like she is more physical and has more length than UConn 2-4. And she has the advantage of the bounce against AE. Maybe Griffin will get a go? That's if she goes off, which I think as a junior she may be ready.

UConn by double digits.

Reaction Score
Paige will eat up their zone, as long as her teammates do enough to give her some space. UConn should win by 20+. Cuse would have to shoot 60+% to have any chance & they are a bad shooting team. Not worried even if we dont have Nika.

Reaction Score
Syracuse will give UConn all they can handle. This game will be within 10 points.
No way lol. Did you watch Cuse play tonight? They could hardly beat a team that looked atrocious and was missing their best player. It took until the 4th to run away with it. UConn will be fine...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
last time we lost to Syracuse was 1996. 25 straight wins since then. We have played them twice since Q went to the Florida offense of bombing threes and trying to corral the long rebounds - 2016 82-51 and 2017 94-64.

New teams for both, but unless they are unconscious from 3, I just don't see it. South Dakota St was the first win they have had against a ranked team, and they have a losing record when they don't play at home (which being a huge empty arena is a difficult place to play.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom