Cuse Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cuse Thoughts

Reaction Score
When you say recruit better players exactly what rank recruiting class are you looking for? Second question; Do you believe we have a player development problem and who is responsible for that? Last question, Do you believe the score was an accurate representation of the play on the court?

Why are you so fixated on rankings? If you think that the rankings (which includes total commits and not just quality of individual recruits) are an accurate reflection of the talent we're getting then Ollie either is (1) consistently getting guys that are not as good as their rankings (meaning he has no eye for talent) or (2) unable to develop and incorporate them into his system, whatever that system may be.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Battle was really impressive when Uconn was making a run. You can see that he is going to go places. Good show on the big stage for a freshman.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Why are you so fixated on rankings? If you think that the rankings (which includes total commits and not just quality of individual recruits) are an accurate reflection of the talent we're getting then Ollie either is (1) consistently getting guys that are not as good as their rankings (meaning he has no eye for talent) or (2) unable to develop and incorporate them into his system, whatever that system may be.

I think both of those points are correct (1) and (2). Secondly, I focus on rankings because that is how people are measured some what objectively. Compare our class to top classes in the country if you believe we are a top program and see where rankings shake out.

Reaction Score
Battle was really impressive when Uconn was making a run. You can see that he is going to go places. Good show on the big stage for a freshman.

I think he is a sophomore, but he was big when they needed a leader to take control.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For this team, I thought this was their "B" game.

Reaction Score

He made some shots over our smaller D, he's a nice player not sure how good though. 4 TO's still and not really good in traffic, better than Terry but not by a lot. Lost the ball or threw bad passes also. Nice talent for sure, needs a lot of work I think. NBA body but in that regard has some Rodney in him.

Reaction Score
Larrier is not a 3 or a 4. Not sure what he is. As a stretch 4 he should be using he quickness and shooting to overmatch bigger 4’s. Except he can’t dribble and takes bad shots. He had 2 rebounds tonight. Our starting 4 who played the whole game had 2 rebounds. He is not tough enough to help on the boards against good teams. Also he is terrible on d. Our bigs end up fouling a lot helping out which hurts. This team needs Terry to be a star and he just hasn’t been the X factor everyone thought. He is easy to defend.
Larrier is hard to categorize but 3 probably comes the closest. He really needs to improve his handle.

Reaction Score
We need to put the ball in Jalen’s hand. Most of the game was stick Jalen in the corner and see if we can throw the ball away before he touches it.

Jalen needs to be the one making the decisions with the ball. We need to live and die with it, and we’re selling him short off ball.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well you said coached his butt off. I don't call allowing for that d and bad lineups coaching his butt off. Though it is all ones perception and UCONN has limited options on the roster right now.
You just answered everything with your last statement - UCONN has limited options on the roster right now so I don't understand your angst

Reaction Score
We need to put the ball in Jalen’s hand. Most of the game was stick Jalen in the corner and see if we can throw the ball away before he touches it.

Jalen needs to be the one making the decisions with the ball. We need to live and die with it, and we’re selling him short off ball.

He was dreadful with his passing decisions last night not sure why we'd like him with the ball. He was saved form about 8-10TO's by deflections and keeping the possession. He's not a good passer, he's a good scorer. He's not a PG, he's a scorer. And thus far it would seem he is happier when he's getting his, always out to impress with his mad skills.

We will miss Alterique in a huge way.

Reaction Score
You just answered everything with your last statement - UCONN has limited options on the roster right now so I don't understand your angst
It is Ollie's recruiting or lack of that is got us here. I won't be worried much longer when KO is fired.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Larrier is not a 3 or a 4. Not sure what he is. As a stretch 4 he should be using he quickness and shooting to overmatch bigger 4’s. Except he can’t dribble and takes bad shots. He had 2 rebounds tonight. Our starting 4 who played the whole game had 2 rebounds. He is not tough enough to help on the boards against good teams. Also he is terrible on d. Our bigs end up fouling a lot helping out which hurts. This team needs Terry to be a star and he just hasn’t been the X factor everyone thought. He is easy to defend.
Don't forget 4 T/Os as well. His 14 points come at high price. I forget who dubbed him the rally killer, but it is an apt nickname. His game as a scorer would take a quantum leap if he didn't always second guess himself.

Reaction Score

If Jalen every wanted to play in the NBA it would be as a pg but instead we have mid major pg running the team while Jalen takes 2 out of every three possessions off. I don’t understand. Adams is not a great passer or distributor but he can’t get any better tucked away in the corner or standing inside with the bigs. He did pretty well last year running the team cept for his lazy wtf passes on occasion. The 3 guard lineup for extended time has got to be put to bed. KO please humor me and run out JA, CV, TL, MD, EC for a few and see where the dust settles

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Vital and Diarra play their butts off every second they're on the court. Wish the whole team played with that energy.

Anderson, while not the most talented guy, leaves it on the court as well.

I feel like a bunch of the guys play hard. The problem, is that Larrier and Jalen don't do so all the time.

It all starts with those two.

Reaction Score
Anderson, while not the most talented guy, leaves it on the court as well.

I feel like a bunch of the guys play hard. The problem, is that Larrier and Jalen don't do so all the time.

It all starts with those two.

Yes, thank you for mentioning Anderson. He’s not at the skill level of our other guards but at least he gives it everything he has. It’s hard to be a good team when the two most talented guys on the roster have no heart.

Reaction Score
He was dreadful with his passing decisions last night not sure why we'd like him with the ball. He was saved form about 8-10TO's by deflections and keeping the possession. He's not a good passer, he's a good scorer. He's not a PG, he's a scorer. And thus far it would seem he is happier when he's getting his, always out to impress with his mad skills.

We will miss Alterique in a huge way.

He’s our best passer and our best creator, even with Gilbert.

There’s a reason why assists went up when Gilbert went out.

The other stuff is projection. Honestly, Jalen is too passive when he should be more selfish.

Reaction Score
He’s our best passer and our best creator, even with Gilbert.

There’s a reason why assists went up when Gilbert went out.

The other stuff is projection. Honestly, Jalen is too passive when he should be more selfish.

He's been less than stellar as an all around player. If you like points he's your guy, if you like a guy giving 100% on D and making smart decisions he's not. Can he be that guy you hope, I believe he can. But he's too pretty and too much all about his for now. He can make them better by being a leader and working as hard on the defensive side as he does for his offense. Talented as heck but if you throw him in a hat with KO, Doron, Ricky, Kemba and Bazz you might get Cardinal O'Connor asking you "What doesn't belong and why?" He doesn't play like Husky I hate to say it, something missing.

Much better team with Gilbert, and maybe he'd eventually be a lot better with him on his side.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom