Cuse Schedule... | The Boneyard

Cuse Schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sunday, January 1 - at DePaul, 1pm
Wednesday, January 4 - at Providence, 7pm
Saturday, January 7 - Marquette, 4pm (Vengeance Day)
Wednesday, January 11 - at Villanova, 7pm, ESPN2
Saturday, January 14 - Providence, 2pm
Monday, January 16 - Pittsburgh, 7:30pm, ESPN
Saturday, January 21 - at Notre Dame, 6pm, ESPN
Monday, January 23 - at Cincinnati, 7pm, ESPN
Saturday, January 28 - West Virginia, 1pm, ESPNU
Saturday, February 4 - at St, John's, Noon, ESPN/ESPN2
Wednesday, February 8 - Georgetown, 7pm, ESPN/ESPN2
Saturday, February 11 - UConn, 1pm, CBS
Monday, February 13 - at Louisville, 7pm, ESPN
Sunday, February 19 - at Rutgers, 1pm, ESPN/ESPN2
Wednesday, February 22 - USF, 7pm
Saturday, February 25 - at UConn, 9pm, ESPN
Saturday, March 3 - Louisville, 4pm, CBS

SU won't be a dog until 2/13 @ Louisville. They still don't get past the Elite 8. Hope I'm right on this 1.

JMHO

Great start for UConn this year.

Good luck Husky faithful.

Reaction Score
I really don't see Cuse losing more than 4 games this year. They probably lose 2x to UL, 1x to uconn, and then Pitt.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
omg tampabill just spread the disease more!

tampabill disease now has 3 on its resume.

Reaction Score
I really don't see Cuse losing more than 4 games this year. They probably lose 2x to UL, 1x to uconn, and then Pitt.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with the cuse. Very favorable schedule but it doesn't mean they can't get hit. If you know anything about boxing my strategy would be analogous to a swarmers/in-fighter approach to deliver the crushing L. That approach gives you your best shot.

JMHO

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
OMG! Is syracuse playing very good basketball right now? Sure. Are they the Frickin' 1991 UNLV Runnin' Rebels? NO F'in way.
I have never seen another big east team(or any team) built up to these ridiculous levels for the history of the boneyard. Trust me, they will lose before Feb 14. Probably Twice. People are talking like a potential 4 loss season is some untouchable holy grail. Do you remember how many games are 99 team lost? answer: 2 , we lost 2 gmes in 99 and we were gnashi.ng our teeth at all our deficiencies all year long.
Syracuse is an excellent basketball team this year. That being said, I wouldn't trade them for this UCONN team, but that's just me. I think when all is said and done that we will have a higher ceiling. As last year proved, It matters how you are playing in March, not December and January.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fair warning to mau and upstate- you guys are getting extemely close to catching the tampa disease.

caw

Reaction Score
Who will play in the NBA, or who will be a star?

They have a ton who could end up in the NBA.

Fab Melo and Dion Waiters are at the top of the list

I don't think any will ever be all-stars, let alone superstars, though Fab still has enough potential to be an all-star (with the weak center position). Waiters could be a solid bench player/sixth man. Others have potential to play there also.

However, I would be shocked if any had as good of a career, injuries not withstanding, as Lamb or Drummond. I'd even say Boatright, Napier and Oriakhi have as much, or more, NBA potential than anyone on Cuse not named Fab/Dion.

Heck it will be a rough go for anyone on Syracuse to have as good a college career as all but 3 UConn players (the freshmen) on this team, thanks to last year.

Reaction Score
Weird topic for this board. We are UConn dammit!!

Message to cuse trolls (yeah you), most of us really don't give a fruck about your schedule. This is an anomaly by one maybe two cuse stalkers.
So don't read much into the OP statement, we just can't block out ip addresses from certain hospital wards.

Reaction Score
Fab will be an All-Star ... in the Brazilian League.
Dion will be waiting tables.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
now caw is getting close to the disease, upstate after a doctors check is fine!

Reaction Score
Very few people here, if any, really think Cuse is close to special. They just have a very easy schedule for a while so its unlikely that they get their first loss for a while.

If the goal is to win in March, I'll take the more talented team that is still trying to figure it out in December than the team that possibly peaked in December and who has less talent. This Cuse team is like many before it, talented and deep but lacking the special type players that help teams in March.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cuse is very good this season. We will learn a lot about the Huskies when UConn plays them. If they weren't going to the ACC I would be thrilled by their success. But now they are Duke and BCU to me. Hope the BE puts a dent into their success.

Reaction Score
Very few people here, if any, really think Cuse is close to special. They just have a very easy schedule for a while so its unlikely that they get their first loss for a while.

If the goal is to win in March, I'll take the more talented team that is still trying to figure it out in December than the team that possibly peaked in December and who has less talent. This Cuse team is like many before it, talented and deep but lacking the special type players that help teams in March.

This pretty much sums up my thinking, especially in regards to the special type players. In the past 20 years the only times Cuse & Boeheim has advanced deep into the tournament is when they had John Wallace and Melo as the alpha dogs. Who on Cuse is on that level?

Reaction Score

keep an eye on dion waiters, i think as the conference goes on his minutes will go up, he could be on the verge of a breakout. his numbers so far are great in a medium amount of minutes. i'm not sure why everyone is assuming that we are maxing out in december when 3 of our best 5 or 6 players are sophomores.

caw

Reaction Score
now caw is getting close to the disease, upstate after a doctors check is fine!

I'd say I'm pretty on point.

Of the four with the most NBA potential I would draft Drummond before Fab and Lamb before Dion. I might be suckered into taking Fab before Lamb, if I owned some teams, based on his potential and what I already have at the 2G position, though I think Lamb is the surest thing of the group. Drummond has the highest ceiling, Lamb and Fab are both high and at fairly weak positions right now in the NBA. Dion is a bit of a tweener right now, but is gifted athletically.

Taking out Lamb, Drummond, Fab and Dion who would you take next in the NBA.

Every other player on both teams has significant flaws. On the two teams you have two seniors in Joseph (23) and Jardine (23) who are good college players but are fairly old.

Juniors: Oriakhi (21) and Triche (20) have shown some potential but neither is extremely athletic or gifted for their position. Oddly both are probably in the top percentile for being in shape. Southerland is a junior who has looked better this year, but needs to take a huge leap to make an NBA roster.

Sophs: CJ Fair is decent but again needs to make a leap to get a shot at being drafted. Napier has played well for UConn but lacks height and speed to be more than a back up in the NBA. Keita is averaging 3 and 3 so anyone projecting NBA for him is psychic or crazy. Olander would need to improve immensely to even get mentioned as an NBA bench player.

Freshman: Boatright is putting up the best freshman numbers but is 5'9 at best. MWC has a ton of potential, as does Daniels, neither are showing to be one-and-dones right now. Christmas has talent but is not exactly setting the world on fire right now.

It's not that I particularly think UConn's other players are better than Cuse's in terms of getting drafted and/or making an NBA roster. I'm just not real high on any of them ATM. Pretty much everyone else should come back for next year aside from the first four. Lots of potential on both sides but nothing that stands out as a surefire thing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Id take Antric Klaiber over Fab Melo. It's close though, they have very similar games.

Reaction Score
your posts get me through the long connecticut nights. your knowledge pwns all comers

Still using "pwns"?

Glad to know you like the idea of ordering from Dion.

Reaction Score
Syracuse's signature win just lost to Rutgers. Yep, a 5 loss Rutgers team.

Reaction Score
Are people in this thread really talking about Feb Melo as an All-Star? In the NBA?? I mean, he's gotten a lot better, but this is a kid who is still very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom