"Cuse infractions committee meeting update | The Boneyard

"Cuse infractions committee meeting update

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Linky

They are going with the no current student involved defense that worked so well for UConn. If Emmert cites that as a basis for leniency for "Cuse I may have to personally hunt that rat bastard down.

caw

Reaction Score
Wait, that confused me (I'm drunk). Aside from some basketball issues this occurred between 2010-2012, and stemmed from self reporting. However the self reporting first happened in 2007!?!??! Huh? So basically football was 2010-2012 and basketball was at least 2006-2012? Does that seem accurate to anyone else based on that write up? So they continued to do what they self reported for at least 5 years after they self reported and expanded from basketball into football? Am I this drunk, or am I reading this correctly?

caw

Reaction Score
"The issues regarding men's basketball and football occurred years ago, with the exception of certain issues in basketball occurring between 2010 and early 2012. Since first self-reporting to the NCAA in 2007, the University, in partnership with the Department of Athletics, has implemented a series of best practices, reformed and strengthened existing policies and procedures, and realigned and improved a range of student-athlete support services."

CL82

Reaction Score
"The issues regarding men's basketball and football occurred years ago, with the exception of certain issues in basketball occurring between 2010 and early 2012. Since first self-reporting to the NCAA in 2007, the University, in partnership with the Department of Athletics, has implemented a series of best practices, reformed and strengthened existing policies and procedures, and realigned and improved a range of student-athlete support services."
There's a little slight of hand going on with the dates.

They first self reported in 2007 but we know from prior reports that the alleged misdeeds have been going on at least a decade.

The issues occurred "years ago." How many years? 2? 10? 20?

We know there were problems basketball at least as recently as 2012 and that they occurred for at least 2 years.

To some up we know that there were problems from 2004 (and it could have been earlier) through an unspecified period that were self reported in 2007. We know that 3 years after they self reported 'cuse was back at it for at least 2 more years. Sure sounds like a lack of institutional control to me, minimally.

In my opinion the NCAA can't punish a decade worth of problems the same or even close to the same as few years of failure to meet APR, mostly due to transfers. If they do they are really leaving themselves vulnerable.

Reaction Score
I truly believe that Carolina and the Orange will skate by on this mess. The Carolina fiasco has already petered out and didn't get the attention it deserved in the first place. Really unbelievable what went down at these institutions of higher learning. Go figure and don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Cuse needs to make Bernie Fine the scape goat here, afterall, Bernie seems to have had his hands on everything.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I truly believe that Carolina and the Orange will skate by on this mess. The Carolina fiasco has already petered out and didn't get the attention it deserved in the first place. Really unbelievable what went down at these institutions of higher learning. Go figure and don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen.
The NCAA will not devour its young no matter how flawed.

Reaction Score
There's a little slight of hand going on with the dates.

They first self reported in 2007 but we know from prior reports that the alleged misdeeds have been going on at least a decade.

The issues occurred "years ago." How many years? 2? 10? 20?

We know there were problems basketball at least as recently as 2012 and that they occurred for at least 2 years.

To some up we know that there were problems from 2004 (and it could have been earlier) through an unspecified period that were self reported in 2007. We know that 3 years after they self reported 'cuse was back at it for at least 2 more years. Sure sounds like a lack of institutional control to me, minimally.

In my opinion the NCAA can't punish a decade worth of problems the same or even close to the same as few years of failure to meet APR, mostly due to transfers. If they do they are really leaving themselves vulnerable.
The problem is the NCAA clowns are already so exposed they're in self preservation mode. They're powerless & afraid to act against the P5...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wait, that confused me (I'm drunk). Aside from some basketball issues this occurred between 2010-2012, and stemmed from self reporting. However the self reporting first happened in 2007!?!??! Huh? So basically football was 2010-2012 and basketball was at least 2006-2012? Does that seem accurate to anyone else based on that write up? So they continued to do what they self reported for at least 5 years after they self reported and expanded from basketball into football? Am I this drunk, or am I reading this correctly?
You are drunk, but even in that state you are better than most of the people on the Cuse forum who didn't question that report. It's totally fabricated because no one spoke to the reporter. He states that.

I wish UConn had the local press in it's pocket. Instead we've got guys like Jeff Jacobs, who in his body of work acknowledge the retroactive decision on the APR penalty UConn received was wrong, but in his title he claims UConn got what it deserved. Since most people rarely read entire articles or analyze inconsistencies, Jeff knew exactly what he was doing. He was throwing UConn under the bus and JC with it.

These two situations, the way the UConn local press and the way the Syracuse local press respond to their respective schools when something negative happens, are diametrically opposite to one another. It would be nice to see some middle ground with both of them.

CL82

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe it, until it happens... but yeah.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Emmert, he has to act on the UNC case, there's just too much egg on his face there. All bets are off on him doing anything against Syracuse, that would be too much for the acc to handle, but who knows.

With so much Emmert bashing going on right now, he may have to punish the Cuse or risk being a bigger hypocrite

CL82

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Emmert, he has to act on the UNC case, there's just too much egg on his face there. All bets are off on him doing anything against Syracuse, that would be too much for the acc to handle, but who knows.

With so much Emmert bashing going on right now, he may have to punish the Cuse or risk being a bigger hypocrite
With UNC looming 'cuse becomes tricky. Do too little and you set up a precedent for not punishing long term fraud, but do too much and your options for UNC become limited. You'd almost have to death penalty them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With UNC looming 'cuse becomes tricky. Do too little and you set up a precedent for not punishing long term fraud, but do too much and your options for UNC become limited. You'd almost have to death penalty them.
The P5 or congress. No brainer. Congress. The P5 will not attempt to influence this. So North Carolina is in big trouble. Very likely Cuse will get hammered as well because the magnifying glass is now focused on the infractions board. It's just like the way the ball got rolling regarding NFL players who abuse their spouses once the Ray Rice thing went public. All of this could have been averted if the NCAA made a bogus penalty on UNC instead of totally dismissing it. Funny how some things work out and I use funny in a sarcastic manner.

Reaction Score

I agree. Beyond the sports world, the academic community is also incensed by the UNC case. Not sure how much input they have [faculty] in the new P-5 scenerio, but the P-5 have the potential to destroy their newfound freedom if this is ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom