Cuse/GTown | The Boneyard

Cuse/GTown

Reaction Score
Renewed their series for 2 more years. 19-20 in DC. 20-21 in the Dome. Cuse fans say our series is over. I guess you guys are afraid to play us @pauliepeppas.

I would prefer keeping our series with Nova, and then adding GTown/Providence.

Funniest thing was this quote from Cuse fans:

I think Hurley’s arrogance cost UCONN any chance of continuing the series. He acted like an ass during and after the game.

TJT

Reaction Score
Good to see UConn is better than Syracuse. It is playing long time historic rivals such as Maine (only at home) this coming season. The Black bears are one of the Huskies most played opponents of all time and are a fellow New England state flagship univeristy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good to see UConn is better than Syracuse. It is playing long time historic rivals such as Maine (only at home) this coming season. The Black bears are one of the Huskies most played opponents of all time and are a fellow New England state flagship univeristy.

TJT = Troll - Just Trolling? Just curious.

Reaction Score
Renewed their series for 2 more years. 19-20 in DC. 20-21 in the Dome. Cuse fans say our series is over. I guess you guys are afraid to play us @pauliepeppas.

I would prefer keeping our series with Nova, and then adding GTown/Providence.

Funniest thing was this quote from Cuse fans:

I think Hurley’s arrogance cost UCONN any chance of continuing the series. He acted like an ass during and after the game.

I wish we could play all the Big East rivals but with this new 20 game conference schedule it is what it is. I rather play Gtown for selfish reasons but at least now we can meet in the Ncaas....now that would be a real atmosphere

Reaction Score
Every time we played Syracuse after the Big East split was in a tournament or the Jimmy V outside of that one “Tire Pros Classic” at MSG. I don’t think we will ever play Syracuse at the Dome or Gampel/XL ever again. Maybe next year we will have another matchup at MSG in the 2K Sports Classic or we can schedule a game at MSG in a non tournament type event again.

Reaction Score
cuse.jpg

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Every time we played Syracuse after the Big East split was in a tournament or the Jimmy V outside of that one “Tire Pros Classic” at MSG. I don’t think we will ever play Syracuse at the Dome or Gampel/XL ever again. Maybe next year we will have another matchup at MSG in the 2K Sports Classic or we can schedule a game at MSG in a non tournament type event again.
When Hurley gets us rolling, I can see us getting virtually any home and home we want. I think Hurley has a high appreciation for the old Big East and will want to keep as many of those rivalries going as possible.
Of course, scheduling gets difficult with expanding conference schedules, etc.

CL82

Reaction Score
As much as I dislike the 'Cuse, playing them at MSG is a blast. I guess losing makes it less enjoyable for them.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
As much as I dislike the 'Cuse, playing them at MSG is a blast. I guess losing makes it less enjoyable for them.
It really is remarkable and laughable that we are 2-1 against them in the past 3 years (the worst 3 years of my UConn basketball fandom, maybe in history).
It gives me some dark twisted happiness that we are listed as one of their "bad losses" last season.
It wouldn't make me as happy if I didn't have confidence that we will get back to a perennial top 25 program.

CL82

Reaction Score
It really is remarkable and laughable that we are 2-1 against them in the past 3 years (the worst 3 years of my UConn basketball fandom, maybe in history).
It gives me some dark twisted happiness that we are listed as one of their "bad losses" last season.
It wouldn't make me as happy if I didn't have confidence that we will get back to a perennial top 25 program.
Talking to Syracuse fans at MSG, they all loved the game as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Syracuse needs to keep these series going on a rotating basis.

For a few years, they can remember when they were Georgetown’s bitch. And then they can revisit the days when they were our bitch and then we can schedule Georgetown and reminisce about the days when Syracuse was both of ours bitch.

As a program, Syracuse is a bottom.

Reaction Score
Syracuse needs to keep these series going on a rotating basis.

For a few years, they can remember when they were Georgetown’s bitch. And then they can revisit the days when they were our bitch and then we can schedule Georgetown and reminisce about the days when Syracuse was both of ours bitch.

As a program, Syracuse is a bottom.
They've got that P5 though. Power bottoms.

Reaction Score
Syracuse rivalry goes way back. We played them a lot back in the old Yankee conference days ( and always lost).

TJT

Reaction Score
Syracuse rivalry goes way back. We played them a lot back in the old Yankee conference days ( and always lost).

The Orange are in fact the 5th most played opponent all time for UConn with 91 meetings.

Most played UConn Opponents Top Ten

RANKTEAMMEETINGS
1​
URI
145​
2​
UNH
116​
3​
UMASS
108​
4​
MAINE
98​
5​
SYRACUSE
91​
6​
BC
89​
7​
PC
80​
8​
YALE
65​
9​
HOLY CROSS
64​
10​
VILLANOVA
63​

Reaction Score
Dont go blaming the SU fans, its not like any of us have a say in the scheduling. Personally I think the UConn rivalry is better than the Georgetown one for Syracuse. UConn fans are much more passionate than G'town. Makes the games that much more fun.

For instance, attached is a selfie I took of myself at SU-UConn game this past season. The cute gal teaching me sign language was a Huskie. A Georgetown fan would not have been paying enough attention to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Dont go blaming the SU fans, its not like any of us have a say in the scheduling. Personally I think the UConn rivalry is better than the Georgetown one for Syracuse. UConn fans are much more passionate than G'town. Makes the games that much more fun.

For instance, attached is a selfie I took of myself at SU-UConn game this past season. The cute gal teaching me sign language was a Huskie. A Georgetown fan would not have been paying enough attention to do that.
View attachment 42651
Agreed, the rivalry between UConn and 'cuse is a real one and hopefully one day will be restored in the ACC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom