Cuse Blows 18 Point Lead Against Miami | The Boneyard

Cuse Blows 18 Point Lead Against Miami

Reaction Score
Cuse has some amazing box scores. They made 17 3's last night on 53% shooting from 3. And Lost. You just have to do an incredible amount of other things terribly to get 51 points from 3 on a good percentage in a regulation college game and still lose. I wish there was an easy way to figure out the last time that has happened. I have every UConn game log from the 2010-11 season forward in a spreadsheet, and in the last 12 years we have never made 17 3's in a game, let alone lost a game where we did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That Sucks The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Reaction Score
I had taken Miami in a 4-team parlay with an alternate line of +1.5 this game. All 3 other games came in.

When I saw Miami get down by 18 in the 1st half, if it was any other opponent, I would have felt despair. With it being 'Cuse, I had hope.

Sure enough, 'Cuse didn't disappoint!

Reaction Score
Honestly this year I wouldn’t really count on it. The ACC is butt
Yeah, also this year's Syracuse zone is not the Syracuse zone of years past. They gave up 58 to Miami in the second half yesterday. Colgate scored 100 points against them!!

For comparison:

2018 Syracuse - #5 Kenpom AdjD (Sweet Sixteen)
2016 Syracuse - #18 Kenpom AdjD (F4)

2022 Syracuse - #204 Kenpom AdjD (CBI maybe?)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think the most amazing thing is how fast they blew the lead - it was gone in the first five minutes of the second half.

Equally amazing was the 24 points scored in the game’s last minute.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Boehiem kids can actually score it. Their flaws are everything else. Kadary woulda filled in their gaps perfectly.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Their board looks like ours from 4 years ago. It's wild to see
Will be interesting to see what happens if boeheim retires and they try the open market. That board thinks it is a top ten job, don’t know if that is necessarily true. Maybe 20 years ago.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see what happens if boeheim retires and they try the open market. That board thinks it is a top ten job, don’t know if that is necessarily true. Maybe 20 years ago.
Tier one: Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, MSU, Arizona, Texas, UNC.

I'd assume are definitively the best jobs in some order.

Tier 2: UConn, Cuse, Nova, Georgetown, USC, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, Baylor, Ohio St, Illinois, Florida, FSU, Louisville,

This is where I think it gets more subjective. I mighta forgot some schools, or left some off that belong. But I'd imagine every up and coming coach would rank these jobs differently depending on their background. I'd say it's possible someone with northeast ties would rank schools like UConn/Cuse/Nova at the back end of their top ten, maybe even over west coast schools(Zona and UCLA). It's a matter of available up and coming north east stars, and potentially being too late. Oats and Hurley woulda been perfect, does the northeast have 1 more young star this soon?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
\
Yeah, also this year's Syracuse zone is not the Syracuse zone of years past. They gave up 58 to Miami in the second half yesterday. Colgate scored 100 points against them!!

For comparison:

2018 Syracuse - #5 Kenpom AdjD (Sweet Sixteen)
2016 Syracuse - #18 Kenpom AdjD (F4)

2022 Syracuse - #204 Kenpom AdjD (CBI maybe?)
probably. Or teams can shoot and have figured zones out

Reaction Score
Cuse has some amazing box scores. They made 17 3's last night on 53% shooting from 3. And Lost. You just have to do an incredible amount of other things terribly to get 51 points from 3 on a good percentage in a regulation college game and still lose. I wish there was an easy way to figure out the last time that has happened. I have every UConn game log from the 2010-11 season forward in a spreadsheet, and in the last 12 years we have never made 17 3's in a game, let alone lost a game where we did.
I still can’t believe the game in 2012-13
PC out rebounded us by any amazing 30 and we managed to win at PC.
Our front line was extremely week.
I think they had a bunch of TO’s our guards were pretty good theirs weren’t.
Basketball can be a strange game.

Reaction Score
Tier one: Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, MSU, Arizona, Texas, UNC.

I'd assume are definitively the best jobs in some order.

Tier 2: UConn, Cuse, Nova, Georgetown, USC, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, Baylor, Ohio St, Illinois, Florida, FSU, Louisville,

This is where I think it gets more subjective. I mighta forgot some schools, or left some off that belong. But I'd imagine every up and coming coach would rank these jobs differently depending on their background. I'd say it's possible someone with northeast ties would rank schools like UConn/Cuse/Nova at the back end of their top ten, maybe even over west coast schools(Zona and UCLA). It's a matter of available up and coming north east stars, and potentially being too late. Oats and Hurley woulda been perfect, does the northeast have 1 more young star this soon?
MSU is not Tier 1, but in general that is a good list.

Reaction Score
I still can’t believe the game in 2012-13
PC out rebounded us by any amazing 30 and we managed to win at PC.
Our front line was extremely week.
I think they had a bunch of TO’s our guards were pretty good theirs weren’t.
Basketball can be a strange game.

Was at that game in the bar at DD with my buddies and a bunch of PC fans. Good time, was staying in the hotel next door so it was an all nighter in Providence. Honestly the fans were fun to hang out with, must’ve gotten lucky that year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom