Curtis Cobb | The Boneyard

Curtis Cobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Anyone heard anything on Curtis Cobb (3 star from Fall River - plays for Mass Rivals)? Is he waiting to see if UConn signs another guard/wing for next year before committing - seems to be the case (waiting until the spring signing period before signing on). From what I have seen he could be a solid pickup. I think he is a little bit overlooked due to always playing next to Jalen Adams.

Reaction Score
I think it's more that UConn is waiting to see if they want to move forward. I know we supposedly offered him a schollie a ways back but there has been nothing reported since then.

Reaction Score
Curtis Cobb has put up some good scoring numbers at NPSI after 2 games (which has some top talent this weekend in Rhode Island). He put up 33 pts against Athletes Institute from Canada... A team with Thon & Matur Maker and Jamal Murray. Thon & Jamal are 5 star guys probably reclassying to the 2015 class. Cobb also put up 22 pts today against IMG Academy (DeAndre's former school). Not so shabby. Maybe someone to keep an eye on? Otherwise, I don't know how his season is going, but he's local & apparently a score this season.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Is he a shooter or a scorer? We need the first more than the second.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No UMass? What's up with this kid that he doesn't have more offers? Obviously Wake and Indiana make you believe he could be a decent player potentially but no offers yet.

Reaction Score
I agree, Bruce Brown is a much more important get. He is a terror on defense and can score, although he's not a knockdown shooter, yet. We need to get back to a speed game; Jalen and Bruce Brown could evolve into Napier/Boatright lite (yes, I know that is high expectations and somewhat exaggerated, but I'm really just saying they would compliment each other well by the time they are sophs/juniors, assuming Jalen sticks around).

We won the championship last year for a number of reasons, including great outside shooting, which we are sorely lacking now, but we also won because Shabazz and Boat simply shut down opposing teams' guards. Cobb looks to me like a nice role player, but he's not nearly the athlete or defender Bruce Brown is.

Reaction Score
I want us to get Bruce Brown and I hope he reclassifies. Don't think we have any interest in Curtis Cobb.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Committed to Fairfield. Obviously a huge get for them (and just as obviously we'd stopped recruiting him some time ago).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Committed to Fairfield. Obviously a huge get for them (and just as obviously we'd stopped recruiting him some time ago).

To be honest, kind of a surprise. His talent level is definitely above the MAAC. Very nice get for Sydney Johnson.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
To be honest, kind of a surprise. His talent level is definitely above the MAAC. Very nice get for Sydney Johnson.
Yup.

I'd love to see Fairfield turn into a Gonzaga, Dayton or Creighton-level program. There's definitely enough talent around for them to be that kind of team and maybe even move up to the A-10 eventually.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yup.

I'd love to see Fairfield turn into a Gonzaga, Dayton or Creighton-level program. There's definitely enough talent around for them to be that kind of team and maybe even move up to the A-10 eventually.
You'd be surprised at how destroyed the basketball program at Fairfield is.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yup.

I'd rather not have them cutting into the recruits we pull in-state.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone heard anything on Curtis Cobb (3 star from Fall River - plays for Mass Rivals)? Is he waiting to see if UConn signs another guard/wing for next year before committing - seems to be the case (waiting until the spring signing period before signing on). From what I have seen he could be a solid pickup. I think he is a little bit overlooked due to always playing next to Jalen Adams.
I assume this is the same high school Chris Herren attended?

Reaction Score
Yup.

Amazing how far they've fallen since Cooley left (and they weren't exactly Gonzaga then, either). Sidney Johnson hiring was supposed to be a coup, but the past two years have been disasters. Would be nice to see them decent.

Reaction Score
I'd rather not have them cutting into the recruits we pull in-state.
We complain about recruiting now? If UConn is ever fighting with Fairfield for recruits we're in big trouble!

Reaction Score
Can he dribble?

pretty annoying to me that we have to ask if our possible guard recruits can even dribble.
please god get us some good recruits in these next few years.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
pretty annoying to me that we have to ask if our possible guard recruits can even dribble.
please god get us some good recruits in these next few years.

Cause we don't have any currently. Riiiiiiight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom