Curry is from another planet | The Boneyard

Curry is from another planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Didn't you see the OKC-GS thread? Or search CURRY ?

Reaction Score
12=3's in the game, didn't Ben Gordon have 12 in a game with the Bulls?

Reaction Score
You should read the earlier curry threads where a select few acted like Ray Allens wife arguing curry wasn't better

Quite comical

I've seen those. How anyone can compare Ray getting open looks to Steph's volume/%/drilling shots in people's faces is beyond me. Steph is like the Babe Ruth of shooting, he's singularly in his own league and is transforming how the game is played.

Reaction Score
Without Ray there may be no Curry, he grew up watching Ray, his father played a season with Ray in Milwaukee 98-99, Ray did bring Dell with him to the 99 championship game vs Duke btw. The 3 pt game evolving is equivalent to the passing game in football.

Reaction Score
Why can’t there just be the thread where everyone can talk and appreciate Curry without even mentioning Ray Allen?

I guess I understand the desire to be right, but my best guess is that most of the posters who were saying Ray was a better shooter (i) hadn’t watched enough of Curry to judge it objectively; and/or (ii) were hoping maybe Curry was having a dream season or two and would soon come back to earth; and/or (iii) were deluding themselves.

I was actually one of these ‘posters,’ but I kept things to myself. I hardly ever watch the nba and of course project some partiality to uconn alums. I was secretly (and like a scoundrel) hoping Curry was a one hit wonder (why, I have no idea!).

But now I just enjoy watching him and the comparison to Ray or desire to have Curry not succeed no longer exists in my head.
Hopefully the Ray Allen apologist don't show up. They are in full denial. There's no shame being 2nd to steph

Reaction Score
I've seen those. How anyone can compare Ray getting open looks to Steph's volume/%/drilling shots in people's faces is beyond me. Steph is like the Babe Ruth of shooting, he's singularly in his own league and is transforming how the game is played.
No doubt Curry is the greatest ever, but you must have missed the first two-thirds of Ray's career if you think his accomplishments are due to easy open looks. And you're still underestimating the last third.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Might have to change my handle soon. Steph is revolutionizing the game-
Colin Cowherd made an interesting point last week. Steph's impact on the game might negatively affect guard play in the long run. Point guards growing up will be idolizing Steph's style, and it's incredibly hard to train yourself to be able to create your own 30+ footers and hit them consistently at the highest professional level. Just as MJ affected the game, people grew up centering their game around his style of play and copying his moves (Kobe is the only one who came close to being what MJ was).
It will just be interesting to see what NBA PGs are like in 5-10 years because it's hard to imagine anyone being able to come close to Steph's level of consistency and other-worldiness. He is an absolute robot. What's underrated about Steph though (like all great players) is his ability to defend, pass and score every way possible.

Reaction Score
Without Ray there may be no Curry, he grew up watching Ray, his father played a season with Ray in Milwaukee 98-99, Ray did bring Dell with him to the 99 championship game vs Duke btw. The 3 pt game evolving is equivalent to the passing game in football.
Bruh, Steph had all the inspiration and someone to teach him how to shoot living in his own damn house

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Bruh, Steph had all the inspiration and someone to teach him how to shoot living in his own damn house
Michael Jordan influenced my life. Without MJ, there may be no me.

Reaction Score
It's probably mentioned in one of the 7 other Steph threads, but there was an interview with one of the designers from the NBA 2K franchise talking about how Curry was essentially breaking the game. The thought was that video games do not reward you for not having your feet set, distance, etc. But in Curry's case all of those are legit skills and coupled with his shooting abilities, he becomes completely impossible to create/defeat in the video game sense. The only way to "make" him is to make a player that is simply too good. Reminds me when I used to make myself in video games and I'd be a 5-11, afro'd, point guard with perfect ratings.

Reaction Score

You know what I meant, Dell was a very good shooter himself, ultimately it was his shooting in the bedroom that brought Steph into this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom