Current WNBA players with 2016 OLY chance? | The Boneyard

Current WNBA players with 2016 OLY chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While most talk is about the current college players who will make the 2016 team, what about WNBA players who are improving? Both Whalen & AJones managed to make their first team late in their careers.

Vandersloot seems like a contender for 2016.
who else?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Not sure I'd put sloot up there. She's had a hard time bustin' into the ranks.

Wnba - Prince

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Looking at the current team - I expect AJ and Swin will not make it to 2016, and maybe Catchings and Sue will drop out by then as well. Given health and continued playing, I am not sure if anyone else would leave the pool. So you are only talking about 3 or 4 openings. With the players coming up it is hard to find positions for many more.
Griner - if she wants is on the team
NO - if she wants is on the team
Then you have the folks coming out in the next couple of years with lots of USA experience, and a player like Stewart might present the same competition that Griner did this year.

Reaction Score
While Prince I believe is still technically eligbile to play for the USA because she has yet to play in a FIBA event with the Russian team, I highly doubt the someone that traded for Russian citizenship will ever be selected to the US National team.

Not sure I'd put sloot up there. She's had a hard time bustin' into the ranks.

Wnba - Prince

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I love Cash and Jones but it's doubtful they will be back in 4 years. assuming there are only 2 "spots" to fill, Griner and Ogwumike seem the most likely. I don't see anyone else "beating out" the players currently on the team. Catch and Sue might be the most likely to retire. I've been underwhelmed with Vandersloot's game. But USA hoops seemed high on her a few years back.I think they have to look hard at Harding, and then Simms, Diggins, Hartley or Chelsea Gray.

Reaction Score
Harding is probably out of the picture now. Robinson and I suppose Vandersloot even though she's been a bad starting point guard are probably the only two non-Olympian current WNBA point guards who will receive consideration for 2016. Toliver has become a great player but she's more of 2 guard than a point guard which could be the kiss of death as far as her Olympic prospects are concerned, and Lawson is too old. Diggins and Sims will be in the discussion for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom