CTE Diagnosed in 99% of former NFL players | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CTE Diagnosed in 99% of former NFL players

Reaction Score
He launched with his head down toward his head. Anytime you do that, it’s an intent to injure. NFL secondary coaches have been coaching that for a decade, knowing full well what the probable outcomes are. Look at how Jenkins acted after. No regard for Cooks in any way.

You saw a different play than I did. I saw a guy drop a nice hit with a shoulder tackle. How was he supposed to know Cooks would lower his level?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
You saw a different play than I did. I saw a guy drop a nice hit with a shoulder tackle. How was he supposed to know Cooks would lower his level?

He launched up. Any time you launch up, there is only one thing you are doing and that’s going for the head.

dayooper

Reaction Score
NFL changes tackling rule to include leading with the crown of the head.

Verified account @NFLprguy 18h18 hours ago

Playing Rule Article 8: It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent. The player may be disqualified. Applies to any player anywhere on the field. The player may be disqualified.

Me: Long overdue, IMO.

Link

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
NFL changes tackling rule to include leading with the crown of the head.

Verified account @NFLprguy 18h18 hours ago

Playing Rule Article 8: It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent. The player may be disqualified. Applies to any player anywhere on the field. The player may be disqualified.

Me: Long overdue, IMO.

Link
This is going to change the running game between the tackles. Running backs routinely initiate contact with their helmet.

dayooper

Reaction Score
This is going to change the running game between the tackles. Running backs routinely initiate contact with their helmet.

It should. I know people are/will be up in arms, but these changes are needed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It should. I know people are/will be up in arms, but these changes are needed.
Yup. Goodbye (and a never to return) to the old Bo-Schembechler-3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-mud offense.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Yup. Goodbye (and a never to return) to the old Bo-Schembechler-3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-mud offense.

I'm OK with that. Even the Harbaugh "power pro" offense really doesn't have many lower your shoulder and plow through the line plays (at least when the line can block, unlike last years abomination of an offense). Sure you have the short yardage plays, but most plays are based off of angles and matchups. Even in high school, the majority of schools run either a form of the spread or veer where they force open spaces in the field and attack it.

Reaction Score
Wow.

He's not completely wrong. At some point there needs to be an acknowledgement that when you decide to play football, you're putting your body at risk. Technology and rule changes are going to help out tremendously as we move forward, but at the end of the day this is still a sport where collisions are the norm and nothing is going to be able to remove that from the game. Now this guy could also just be ranting about flags in general, which is definitely a problem as the NFL is over officiated and it wrecks the flow of the game. That is a separate issue in my opinion though, and one that could be fixed far easier than concussion prevention/treatment.

dayooper

Reaction Score
He's not completely wrong. At some point there needs to be an acknowledgement that when you decide to play football, you're putting your body at risk. Technology and rule changes are going to help out tremendously as we move forward, but at the end of the day this is still a sport where collisions are the norm and nothing is going to be able to remove that from the game. Now this guy could also just be ranting about flags in general, which is definitely a problem as the NFL is over officiated and it wrecks the flow of the game. That is a separate issue in my opinion though, and one that could be fixed far easier than concussion prevention/treatment.

The main issue is using the head/helmet as a weapon. It should be called but hasn’t. Yes, there are other issues regarding concussions, but using the head as a weapon is the big one.

Reaction Score

The answer to this position is to have every player sign a waiver before they step on the field. No lawsuits, no post career payments. I wonder how many will sign at the NFL and college levels.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Today it's full disclosure. The past was bad. We didn't know what the potential repercussions could be. Coaches were willing to look the other way. Rub some dirt on it and get back in there.

Reaction Score
In spite of all the drama that's been surrounding the NFL...

2017-18 TV Series Ratings Rankings: NFL Football, ‘Big Bang’ Top Charts

"CBS’ The Big Bang Theory will finish the 2017-2018 TV season as the country’s most watched series with an average of 18.634 million viewers. NBC’s NFL Sunday Night Football is the season’s highest-rated series in the key 18-49 demographic, with a 6.2 rating; it also takes the No. 2 spot in overall audience (18.285M)."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom