CT Sun - UGH... | The Boneyard

CT Sun - UGH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Admittedly i don't have access to the game, but up 2 with 30 seconds to go or so, and Kara Lawson tosses up a 3-pointer? I realize she had the hot hand, but tha'ts not a high percentage shot. Indiana took a time out, Catchings drove to the basket for a layup and now the game is in OT...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sun wn in OT. This is what they need to do.

Five double-figure scorers, led by Kara. Tina had modest numbers by her standards. Katie Douglas led Indy.

Tina 14, Renee 12, Kalana 12, Asjha 8.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Sun wn in OT. This is what they need to do.

Five double-figure scorers, led by Kara. Tina had modest numbers by her standards. Katie Douglas led Indy.

Tina 14, Renee 12, Kalana 12, Asjha 8.

Kalana pitches a perfect game, 5-5, 2-2.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kalana was very efficient. Very easy to root for the UCONN Sun... :) but i'd love to hear from someone who saw the game. Maybe the driving lanes were blocked, or maybe Tina was double teamed, but it seems a low % 3-pointer by Kara was the wrong shot with 30 seconds left and a 2-point lead...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Kalana was very efficient. Very easy to root for the UCONN Sun... :) but i'd love to hear from someone who saw the game. Maybe the driving lanes were blocked, or maybe Tina was double teamed, but it seems a low % 3-pointer by Kara was the wrong shot with 30 seconds left and a 2-point lead...

The shot clock was running out and it was the only open shot at that time. Good defense by Indiana in not letting them take a better shot earlier in the possession.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Correct. Also, Asjha had an open look from the foul line with a couple seconds left in regulation, and she missed it. That is a shot on which she seems to be about 70% accurate.

In the last two games, the Sun have been afflicted by turnovers. In other dimensions of the game, they significantly outplayed both Atlanta and Indiana. If they can get that under control without some other aspect of their game deteriorating, they will continue to be very good.

I am surprised that they have been this successful without a serious offensive threat at the 3 position. Their line-up in crunch time was Tina - Asjha - Kara - Renee - Allison Hightower. Both Allison and Kalana are excellent defenders, and I guess to some degree that offsets their lack of offense from the wing.

Reaction Score
Sun’s Lawson, role players step up in fierce rivalry vs. Fever, help seal OT victory

For Greene, the success continued throughout the game, as she poured in a season high 12 points on perfect 5-of-5 shooting, adding two rebounds, three assists, one steal and one block in just over eighteen minutes.

“You’ll never see me taking a shot I’m not comfortable taking,” said Greene. “I pride myself on that, and I only take a shot I know I can make. Today I got more opportunities than I have in the last couple of games. I don’t think I was a terror from outside, I scored in different ways to keep our team in the lead.”

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...fierce-rivalry-vs-fever-help-seal-ot-victory/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom