OT: - CT Ranked 43rd Most Fun State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: CT Ranked 43rd Most Fun State

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Makes a good point, Connecticut doesn't spend enough on parks and rec.

Reaction Score
Now live in the #2 fun state!!! And enjoying every day!
Me too! Sunday breakfast on the beach just after dawn. Paddleboarder and dog.
Paddleboarder & Dog 090321 01.jpg

Reaction Score
Ooooh. Do they use a trebuchet? If so, awesome. That's worth the price of admission.

Now, if the New River Gorge Bridge allows bungie jumping, then it seems all is equal. Even better, how about a trebuchet bungie jump?
Air cannons, catapults, and trebuchets. They have it all. Mythbusters did a special from Punkin' Chuckin' awhile back. It may be on Youtube. As for the New River Gorge, they have an annual Bridge Day celebration where folks bungee jump and parachute (base jump) off of the bridge.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Air cannons, catapults, and trebuchets. They have it all. Mythbusters did a special from Punkin' Chuckin' awhile back. It may be on Youtube. As for the New River Gorge, they have an annual Bridge Day celebration where folks bungee jump and parachute (base jump) off of the bridge.
Last night I heard that the Punkin Chuckin' had ceased to be, presumably due to liability issues. This was from some people who'd tried to go a couple of years ago. :( No bungee jumping on the New River Gorge bridge any more, but they do still have base jumping. A friend of mine (WV native) used to go to Bridge Day every year, always waiting for a parachute not to open (or not open in time). Yeah, he was crazy.

Reaction Score
Last night I heard that the Punkin Chuckin' had ceased to be, presumably due to liability issues. This was from some people who'd tried to go a couple of years ago. :( No bungee jumping on the New River Gorge bridge any more, but they do still have base jumping. A friend of mine (WV native) used to go to Bridge Day every year, always waiting for a parachute not to open (or not open in time). Yeah, he was crazy.
I had not heard that. The chunkin' machines were reaching such ranges that there was talk of them leaving the property in flight. It was also becoming a traffic nightmare. We had friends who went one year and it took them over two hours to get out of the venue once the competition was over.

Bungee jumping is no longer allowed at the New River Gorge bridge due to liability and safety concerns, but BASE jumping and rappelling are allowed during Bridge Day activities. I know Covid caused a cancellation of Bridge Day for 2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom