CT POST: Why CT 11-year-old will be UConn men's basketball assistant coach Mamadou Diarra's best man | The Boneyard

CT POST: Why CT 11-year-old will be UConn men's basketball assistant coach Mamadou Diarra's best man

Reaction Score
Cool story.

That bond has only grown over the years. Rylan gets to as many UConn home games as possible, and Mamadou is always there to greet him with their "secret handshake." After games, Diarra gives Rylan the go-ahead to visit the postgame locker room — though not always.

"Sometimes," Rylan noted, "Mr. Hurley has his moments."

Lol

Alternate access:

Why CT 11-year-old will be UConn men's basketball assistant coach Mamadou Diarra's best man: 'My guy'

Reaction Score
I'm happy we kept Mamadou Hassan around. Seem like a couple genuinely good dudes. Have been told that Hassan does well in his classes too, unlike many players.

Reaction Score
The Ellingwoods were able to go out to the West Regional finals in Las Vegas in March and celebrate on the court with the team. Rylan even cut down a snippet of the net.

"That was quite special," he said. "Quite emotional."

Ah, I was wondering who that kid was. I thought maybe it was Luke Murray's kid or someone from the Hurley family.

Reaction Score
Wow what a great story and a great guy!!! What took so long for this story about Mamadou, the team and Ryan to be brought to our attention. Truly special stuff thanks for posting!

Reaction Score
I went to high school with the fam good people. Ellington!

Reaction Score
Wow what a great story and a great guy!!! What took so long for this story about Mamadou, the team and Rylan to be brought to our attention. Truly special stuff thanks for posting!

There’s been some other stuff posted, and Rylan has been around the team a lot. It’s all so good.

Reaction Score
First I've heard of this and it's totally awesome. We have some good people and makes me so proud of our guy's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom