CT Ice Match-ups Announced (1/25 & 1/26 @ Webster Bank Arena on SNY) | The Boneyard

CT Ice Match-ups Announced (1/25 & 1/26 @ Webster Bank Arena on SNY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I contacted Webster Bank arena re tickets. The UConn sections are 114 and 113, which are not available for purchase yet. The rep told me UConn has all the seats in those sections for season ticket holders, etc. I'll have to contact UConn to see how to get them.

Reaction Score
SNY Announces Matchups for Inaugural Connecticut Ice Festival
Quinnipiac University, Sacred Heart University, University of Connecticut and Yale University to Square Off in First-Ever Tournament NEW YORK, NY,

October 8, 2019 – SNY announced today the collegiate matchups for the inaugural Connecticut Ice Festival, a first-of-its-kind weekend hockey festival, celebrating youth, amateur and collegiate hockey in the state of Connecticut. Anchoring the weekend will be the first-ever tournament of Connecticut’s four NCAA Division I Men’s Collegiate hockey teams - Quinnipiac University, Sacred Heart University, University of Connecticut and Yale University. They will square off in a two-round, four game tournament on Saturday, January 25 and Sunday, January 26, 2020 at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT.

Quinnipiac and UConn will open the tournament at 4:00 PM on Saturday, January 25 followed by Sacred Heart vs. Yale at 7:30 PM. All four games of the tournament will air live on SNY, as well as comprehensive pre and post-game shows and in-between period coverage.

CONNECTICUT ICE COLLEGIATE TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
Saturday, January 25, 2020
4:00 – QUINNIPIAC vs. UCONN
7:30 – SHU vs. YALE Sunday,

January 26, 2020
3:30 – COLLEGE TOURNAMENT CONSOLATION – TBD v. TBD
7:00 – COLLEGE TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP – TBD v. TBD

In addition to the Collegiate hockey tournament, the festival will include a Mites Cross-Ice Jamboree for 6-8-year old’s, Youth Tournaments of which the Championship games in three divisions (Boys 12U and 10U and Girls 12U) will take place on the Webster Bank Arena ice, a Girls and Boys High School Showcase Game and a Prep School Showcase Games. The festival will also include on-ice clinics and off-ice seminars for youth players and their families in conjunction with USA Hockey.

The complete festival schedule is available www.SNY.tv/CTice. SNY will produce exclusive content about all elements of the festival that will be featured on SNY, SNY.TV and SNY’s social media pages.

For more information on Connecticut Ice please go to: www.SNY.tv/CTice

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hope no one was paid a consulting fee to come with the elementary name of Connecticut Ice Festival. Jeez.

The Beanpot is a cool name pointing at Boston and their baked bean thing. What could Connecticut have pointed at to come up with a better name?

The Steam Box Tournament...an ode to how steamed cheesburgers were cooked!
The Brick Oven Tournament...for the apizza!!!
The Hot Lobster Tournament...warm lobster rolls!!!

Reaction Score
Smart way to maximize attendance at the final.

Reaction Score
I hope no one was paid a consulting fee to come with the elementary name of Connecticut Ice Festival. Jeez.

The Beanpot is a cool name pointing at Boston and their baked bean thing. What could Connecticut have pointed at to come up with a better name?

The Steam Box Tournament...an ode to how steamed cheesburgers were cooked!
The Brick Oven Tournament...for the apizza!!!
The Hot Lobster Tournament...warm lobster rolls!!!
Nutmeg Cup
Might sucker in a few soccer fans as well...

Reaction Score
The final might end up UConn v SHU. Neither the Q nor Yale are strong this year, SHU is a lot stronger than the past, and UConn has had some pretty decent games. This tournament looks to have some parity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's only 14 miles to PEZ. Maybe they can play for the PEZ Dispensation?
Power! Excitement! Zamboni's!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I still think it should be the Connecticut Cup.
72FB04B6-099D-42AD-91AF-DE4D9B48392C.jpeg

Reaction Score
The final might end up UConn v SHU. Neither the Q nor Yale are strong this year, SHU is a lot stronger than the past, and UConn has had some pretty decent games. This tournament looks to have some parity.
QU is #20, SHU #21 in uscho poll

Reaction Score
QU is #20, SHU #21 in uscho poll
My post was almost a month ago and at the time QU was 7-7-1 and unranked. Interesting that they lost to Clarkson last weekend 5-2 and went from unranked to 20th on Monday.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I looked at the seating maps on Ticketmaster. Highly doubtful they have sold 5000 tickets unless counting the 2 day passes as 2 tickets, plus the singles for Saturday. Can't imagine more than a handful of single day tickets sold for Sunday. Pricing is too high...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m happy to watch from the comfort of my own home. I’ve been to plenty of games this season.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members