Crystal Dangerfield Waived By Lynx | The Boneyard

Crystal Dangerfield Waived By Lynx

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I can't believe that I'm the first Boneyarder to notice, but the Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that the Lynx have waived Crystal along with a few other guards including Layshia Clarendon, and have signed Odyssey Sims.

Only two years ago she was WNBA Rookie of the Year.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that I'm the first Boneyarder to notice, but the Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that the Lynx have waived Crystal along with a few other guards including Layshia Clarendon, and have signed Odyssey Sims.

I saw it but I thought it was a mistake or joke. Also Renia Davis who had a fabulous game the other day and Clarendon.

Reaction Score

There is a WNBA thread on the general board which this has been spoken about.

Reaction Score
This is why unless you are a super-elite player, I would choose a school with a top-notch academic pedigree and decent basketball program over a top-botch basketball program and a decent academic. It is just too hard to make it as a women professional basketball player when you are cut 1+ year removed from being the rookie of the year. Crazy!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is why unless you are a super-elite player, I would choose a school with a top-notch academic pedigree and decent basketball program over a top-botch basketball program and a decent academic. It is just too hard to make it as a women professional basketball player when you are cut 1+ year removed from being the rookie of the year. Crazy!
In either case, it seems to me the part of the resume that says I am a D1 Basketball player open's lots of job opportunities since this should prove to any potential employer that you are an applicant who can work very hard both individually and as a team to accomplish goals and really handle time management. Not something you see in every college graduate.

Reaction Score
Dumbest move Cheryl has ever made! Crystal had a great year in Israel. Someone smart will pick her up.
never been a fan of her, let's see where her coaching career would be if she didn't have 3 hall of famer's.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Isn't it true that next year, WNBA will be incompatible with international play not allowing you to miss time due to International overlap.

If so is it not to her advantage to look at international opportunities and her success in Israel and other accomplishments might be a better life that being a bench player in the WNBA?

Reaction Score
This is a shocker. Crystal, like Layshia, has been active in the community and were key members of the team that helped to spark a run for the playoffs last year. Trust me. The Lynx office phones, social media accounts, and other communication lines have been hit with calls, emails, and messages about this move. Folks are not happy here in Minnesota.

Reaction Score

And I can’t believe that you didn’t know it was posted on the BY in the general section earlier today.

Reaction Score
Maybe Crystal or Clarendon will clear waivers and come back as "hardship exemptions."

This is the most likely what’s going to happen.

With all the guards they cut who are the point guards left on the roster?

Reaction Score
The Lynx signed Odyssey Sims on a 1 year contract.

Reaction Score
I just cannot believe this. In Lynx's Facebook, they happy birthday to Lay yesterday and waive her today. Think about how Lay's feeling now.

Screenshot (19).png

Reaction Score
Isn't it true that next year, WNBA will be incompatible with international play not allowing you to miss time due to International overlap.

If so is it not to her advantage to look at international opportunities and her success in Israel and other accomplishments might be a better life that being a bench player in the WNBA?
That’s an oversimplification. It doesn’t apply to first or second year players and there are exceptions built into the policy. Nevertheless, it is going to discourage many older players from making a commitment to the WNBA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That’s an oversimplification. It doesn’t apply to first or second year players and there are exceptions built into the policy. Nevertheless, it is going to discourage many older players from making a commitment to the WNBA.
As you can see by my hesitancy, I was not sure of the rules. Thanks for the clarification. Any link to the summarizing rules?

Reaction Score
The Lynx signed Odyssey Sims on a 1 year contract.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the WNBA transactions page says she signed a training camp contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom