Crystal Ball? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Crystal Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
you guys are going to get good players. Ollie is a great coach. Sometime I wish our fans would stop second guessing a Pastner on recruiting. Guy has landed a top 15 class in 2015 and top 5 for 2016 but our fans still second guess him. Ollie will get UConn a class this year that will bring you many wins for the future.

As a diehard UCONN fan and alum, I am surprised to hear that Memphis fans question Pastner as I think he is GREAT for that school / program. Keeps the team Top 25 nationally and gets a TON of good - really good players. With him at the helm, Memphis will continue to be really good for a long-time.

Memphis is the one other school in AAC that I just don't worry about being good. I mark them down in PEN that they will be really solid every year. Aside from UCONN and Memphis, the other schools have their ups and downs. We need more consistent success from 4-5 more schols to make the conference solid in MBB.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Amen. Something that is suitable for work.

Talk to Deep, he's the tastemaker. I just promote the fashion of the moment! : )

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Amen. Something that is suitable for work.
You obviously are implying suitable for all work places. The EU includes prostitution in it's reports about the economy.:cool:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Talk to Deep, he's the tastemaker. I just promote the fashion of the moment! : )
I don't know what's worse (not worst;)). That I got a conscious connection to a Linda Lovelace movie from your statement or you had a subconscious connection.:cool:

Reaction Score
The more I read these threads, the more I worry that recruiting is seen here as ammunition while arguing the merits of UCONN against other programs. I honestly don't give a hoot who some high schooler picked over us. Sure, everyone wants UCONN to make every other program look bad, but we recruit to build champions. And I trust KO as a talent evaluator -- he's one of the smartest players to ever wear a Husky uniform, and having over 10 years worth of NBA experience never hurts.

That's one of the reasons we get excited about the guys that he targets as priorities (ie. Stone)...

Reaction Score
You never saw Cliff play at UConn, did you?

I didn't watch him then, but I've watched the replays of games from then, and between that and the numbers, it's pretty clear he was an excellent player. He wasn't bad just because those teams weren't very good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You never saw Cliff play at UConn, did you?

That was in response to the 'JC had walkons, soccer players and also-rans to work with in his early years' comment. Would you lump him in that category?

I mean, in his final three years, he did manage to average 18.6pts/7.2rbd/1.5ast/1.3blk/1.2stl. While I'm not saying he was Emeka Okafor, those are really good numbers for any player.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Depends, were there lots of pictures included?
The French get a report with pictures titled "OOH LA LA!
The British get a report with pictures deleted and the lyrics "Imagine All The People"!
And the Germans get a report that's the worst as in knock knock, who's there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom