OT: - Crowdstrike Global Outage | The Boneyard

OT: Crowdstrike Global Outage

Reaction Score
My daughter works at the Angell Memorial Animal Hospital in Boston. The vets can not fill prescriptions for their patients because of the breakdown in the on line ordering system.

Reaction Score
I have a Supplier agreement in the security sector that needs to be executed today and the Supplier doesn't have email access due to Crowdstrike and maybe also microsoft. Maybe time to award another Supplier.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Star Wars Whatever GIF by Sky

Reaction Score
Tha manufacturing company I work for is basically shut down. Somehow I'm fine, but mist everyone else can't work. Not running those updates like I'm supposed to saved me. ;)

Reaction Score
I had issues with Remote Desktop connections at work but was able to use Citrix remotely. People in office had to reboot the PCs in SC. I’m in Florida. This fixed most but not all issues.

Reaction Score
This event exposes just how reliant we (the world) are on the web. Makes me remember that the world did know how to operate for thousands of years before the advent of the internet.

Things like getting airline getting prescriptions, making appointments, scheduling deliveries, and countless other tasks were all able to be made and coordinated, even without the telephone. Things just took longer and perhaps even could have even been more efficient.

Reaction Score
Anyone impacted by it?
Thank goodness, no.

I flew to California on Sunday and our connecting flight to Phoenix was diverted to Tucson due to a dust storm that gained power as we were landing. Had to spend that night in Tucson and then take two flights next morning to California.

When I woke up this morning and learned about the outage, my first thought was here we go again. Flight is still delayed, but nothing out of the ordinary, I think.

Reaction Score
Had the pleasure of flying today 3 hour delay and direct flight so honestly did better than most at Bradley

Reaction Score
We do everything paperless which is so much more efficient, faster and cheaper. Great for us, bad for paper companies. But every once in a while we hit a glitch and get wet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom