Crowd | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crowd

Reaction Score
Having to pipe in music is weak. Way to much yesterday. UConn has a great band, why pipe in music when you have the band?
My experience with these things is it usually a fight between entities about who is more important as dumb as that sounds

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For those that were at the game, during the PC Richard's promotion, the kid that tried to kick the ball really embarassed himself!
Apparently the highlight of the BC crank's day.

Reaction Score
You don’t seem like an idiot. Let me therefor make a suggestion to you. If you don’t like the game day experience, please don’t come.
First and likely last time experiencing the UConn game day experience. Just commenting on what I saw and heard. A visiting fan who came to support his team.

See you in Chestnut Hill next year.

Reaction Score
It was loud, and there were some passionate fans up in those seats, especially in the first half with our flurry of offense at the beginning and some huge defensive stops. Boy was it ever loud in third downs with the “welcome to the jungle intro” which was immediately followed by more noise when we stopped them. The crowd was loud on every first down we made. It was a great atmosphere, I’m glad I got to see the Rent that way again.
Thanks. We're flying up for the Liberty game, two men's games and the Texas women's game. Great way to spend five days with friends and hoping for a big weekend!
We will be loud too. Hope we get a great crowd to boost the team's energy level even higher than expected!

Reaction Score
First and likely last time experiencing the UConn game day experience. Just commenting on what I saw and heard. A visiting fan who came to support his team.

I have attended many football games at Chestnut Hill over the years. Yesterday, I attended the game with a mixed group of BC and UConn fans. It was the BC fans first trip to the Rent and they raved about the experience. They couldn't believe how easy tailgating was, the food and drink options in the stadium, the food trucks, how spacious the seats, aisles, and walkways were, the bathrooms,... They were stunned when they saw the Tito's and Chick-fil-A concession stands. In contrast, the BC football experience for visiting fans is pretty miserable. You are not allowed to park near the stadium and you have to take a shuttle to the game. If you want to tailgate, you have to have friends who have a parking pass and join their tailgate. The seats and stadium are cramped with relatively poor food and drink options. As much as people complain about the Rent, the experience is so much better than Alumni Stadium.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Can't remember the last time we sat in traffic to get in or out of the Rent. Crowd was great. Love the enthusiasm on 3rd downs. I was expecting more BC fans, but they are kinda down this year. I was skeptical of Mora and the Husky Revolution, but I'm all in now. He's a winner and these guys are playing inspired ball. Finally. So awesome to see.

Reaction Score

I’ve been to Chestnut Hill to see UConn beat BC in basketball. You know what I didn’t do after the game? I didn’t go to the BC board to tell them I didn’t like the experience.

But hey — you do you.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Hilarious. The slow mo replay was brutal. He’ll have that one hanging over him for the rest of life… ever seen your Dad kick a field goal? … ever seen your Grandpa …
And he fell on the tee as well. Poor guy.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
I have attended many football games at Chestnut Hill over the years. Yesterday, I attended the game with a mixed group of BC and UConn fans. It was the BC fans first trip to the Rent and they raved about the experience. They couldn't believe how easy tailgating was, the food and drink options in the stadium, the food trucks, how spacious the seats, aisles, and walkways were, the bathrooms,... They were stunned when they saw the Tito's and Chick-fil-A concession stands. In contrast, the BC football experience for visiting fans is pretty miserable. You are not allowed to park near the stadium and you have to take a shuttle to the game. If you want to tailgate, you have to have friends who have a parking pass and join their tailgate. The seats and stadium are cramped with relatively poor food and drink options. As much as people complain about the Rent, the experience is so much better than Alumni Stadium.
You made a great case for investing money into the Rent instead of anew on campus facility..

Reaction Score
I still feel bad for that guy whiffing on that kick, that was rough. Also, does anyone else agree that the Avelo promotion is easier and offers a better prize than the other ones?

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you say about the base amenities at The Rent. Seating was very nice, especially the space between rows. Actually room for people to get by as they enter and leave. I seldom buy more than a soda whenever I am at a game so didn't observe much about the concessions.

I will admit that BC is not an easy place to attend a game. I have access to Shea Field through freinds and it makes life very easy though I have used the shuttles in the past. More than a few times I walked to the Newton Campus parking as that was quicker than waiting for the shuttle.

Seating is cramped but you are right ontop of the acction, even in the upper deck where I sit. It gets very loud when the place is full and can be a very fun experience for the game itself. I have been going to games for over 40 years and seen many configurations of the stadium. Still unable to get the PA System to work well.

Not that it matters to me but they do now serve beer and wine in the stadium. The food options are limited and not very good. Lines are typically very long. They are also poorly managed, how do you run out of water during the first game of the year? Its not like the water is going to go bad. A lot could be done, should be done, to improve the game day experience within the stadium.

BC for a liberal arts forcused school BC has an okay band. As I understand it the band is actually made of of both BC students and students from other local colleges who need to get marching band experience as part of their education. Our band in no way compares to UConn's, UMass's or other large State Universities, never will.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you say about the base amenities at The Rent. Seating was very nice, especially the space between rows. Actually room for people to get by as they enter and leave. I seldom buy more than a soda whenever I am at a game so didn't observe much about the concessions.

I will admit that BC is not an easy place to attend a game. I have access to Shea Field through freinds and it makes life very easy though I have used the shuttles in the past. More than a few times I walked to the Newton Campus parking as that was quicker than waiting for the shuttle.

Seating is cramped but you are right ontop of the acction, even in the upper deck where I sit. It gets very loud when the place is full and can be a very fun experience for the game itself. I have been going to games for over 40 years and seen many configurations of the stadium. Still unable to get the PA System to work well.

Not that it matters to me but they do now serve beer and wine in the stadium. The food options are limited and not very good. Lines are typically very long. They are also poorly managed, how do you run out of water during the first game of the year? Its not like the water is going to go bad. A lot could be done, should be done, to improve the game day experience within the stadium.

BC for a liberal arts forcused school BC has an okay band. As I understand it the band is actually made of of both BC students and students from other local colleges who need to get marching band experience as part of their education. Our band in no way compares to UConn's, UMass's or other large State Universities, never will.
I have attended games at Alumni for many years. It used to be much more welcoming for opposing fans to attend games, but that went by the wayside many years ago. We used to tailgate on campus, by the reservoir, etc, but BC and development shut down all the options for opposing fans to tailgate. Seating in Alumni is very cramped and I don't find the view of the game that different than at the Rent which is much more comfortable.

Reaction Score
I have attended games at Alumni for many years. It used to be much more welcoming for opposing fans to attend games, but that went by the wayside many years ago. We used to tailgate on campus, by the reservoir, etc, but BC and development shut down all the options for opposing fans to tailgate. Seating in Alumni is very cramped and I don't find the view of the game that different than at the Rent which is much more comfortable.

I currently live in Boston and have attended a few BC games over the years. My understanding is that parking/tailgating has been (relatively) recently negatively impacted by local ordinances. Not dissimilar to the way NIMBY’s prevented a football stadium in Storrs or tailgating after night games in East Hartford. Must be a New England thing?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Why didn't BCU bring their (yes, crappy) band to East Hartford? I Guess it's possible they couldn't get halftime allotment with homecoming, but at least bring a pep band. Pretty pathetic, actually.

Reaction Score
Why didn't BCU bring their (yes, crappy) band to East Hartford? I Guess it's possible they couldn't get halftime allotment with homecoming, but at least bring a pep band. Pretty pathetic, actually.
BC Band used to make one road trip a year. Other than that I do not remember BC having a Pep Band travel to games.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
BC Band used to make one road trip a year. Other than that I do not remember BC having a Pep Band travel to games.

No away games, no exhibition performances - this is basically a glorified high school band. Good to see the ACC money is going to things enhancing the fan experience :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DateGame
September 3BC vs. Rutgers
September 8First Year Convocation
September 17 BC vs. UMaine
September 30Pops on the Heights
October 1BC vs. Louisville
October 8BC vs. Clemson
November 4BC vs. Duke
November 26BC vs. Syracuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online