Crowd was a factor today. | The Boneyard

Crowd was a factor today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First time all year it seems. The crowd was loud for most of the day today. Caused USF to burn timeouts on offense on a few occasions. The 12th man made its presence felt today. If we could somehow win at Pitt, the next three home opponents are winnable games.

Reaction Score
We have so many people stand in the concourses, probably to be closer to the beer. I'm the there for the game and rarely buy a beer, so I don't see the allure, but to each their own. That place was close to a full house today I would guess.

Reaction Score
The last 4 downs for USF at the end were electric. That's the "drug" I live for. Crowd came late but stayed late. They were into it.

Good day to impress recruits.

Reaction Score
The last 4 downs for USF at the end were electric. That's the "drug" I live for. Crowd came late but stayed late. They were into it.

Good day to impress recruits.
Still too many fans left too early.

Reaction Score
We have so many people stand in the concourses, probably to be closer to the beer. I'm the there for the game and rarely buy a beer, so I don't see the allure, but to each their own. That place was close to a full house today I would guess.

Paid attendance was 37,162. A lot of sections in the upper corners were near empty, but those that were there made noise at the right times and were pretty enthusiastic the whole game. So a decent crowd, although it's amazing how many people attend these games that don't even seem to pay attention to it. Just there for the beer & the socializing. But like you said, to each their own.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure we saw the effects of a 2-4 start. Before the initial thrill of being in the Big East wore off people went to games during our 2 year slump, win or lose.

Then wr went on a run and won consistently, especially at home.

My biggest fear now is a 2 year run of 4-8 and 3-9 Not sure we'd break 30k per game.

CT fans have unrealistic expectations....thanks a lot men's and women's BB

Reaction Score
Maybe my ears are going, but i was in the student section and thought the noise coming from there did not compete with previous years. It just seemed real flat, and everybody around me was bashing the team for most of the first 3 quarters, and there were not many people yelling. The rest of the stadium seemed to get more into the game as it progressed.

Reaction Score
Maybe my ears are going, but i was in the student section and thought the noise coming from there did not compete with previous years. It just seemed real flat, and everybody around me was bashing the team for most of the first 3 quarters, and there were not many people yelling. The rest of the stadium seemed to get more into the game as it progressed.

Dale...you are right. I sat over near the student section and had the same thought. It wasn't the student's best game. I think the rest of the stadium was into the game as much or a bit more than the students on more than a few occasions.

Even during that song the play between the third and fourth quarters (name escapes me) the students weren't as jacked as I've seen them.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree with both points. Students were a little dead, but I was pleasantly surprised at how jacked up the crowd in general was able to get at key points. We were definitely able to force a few timeouts on USF.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I was in 236. A lot of young families/ JR Husky promotion for Free kids tickets. I'm not sure if they are included in the gate as "paid". The place was pretty full not for the opening kick but eventually. The kids were mixed. Onc little guy by me would sporatically yell defense regardless of who had the ball, but the Dad's and some of the moms were up on third downs. I came home, not too long ago, with my voice pretty shot.

This was my first game at the Rent. For those who haven't gotten up there, make every effort. It is a good place to see a game, with a great overall experience.

Reaction Score
Dale...you are right. I sat over near the student section and had the same thought. It wasn't the student's best game. I think the rest of the stadium was into the game as much or a bit more than the students on more than a few occasions.

Even during that song the play between the third and fourth quarters (name escapes me) the students weren't as jacked as I've seen them.

Sandstorm is the name of the song.

Reaction Score
Who doesn't get pumped for sandstorm!!!! It has to be played at key game points tho, otherwise it's far less effective!

One observation was they sold a lot more tickets in the corners and upper opposite the tower than usual and had more empty on the tower side. They finally figured out that's the side that's on TV more often. Makes the rent look fuller! Showing the ACC "Yeah we fill it up!" ;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
As much as I was initially skeptical of DJ Joey Franchize at the games, it's hard to deny his effectiveness. When he tries to pump up the crowd it works.

Reaction Score
Who doesn't get pumped for sandstorm!!!! It has to be played at key game points tho, otherwise it's far less effective!

One observation was they sold a lot more tickets in the corners and upper opposite the tower than usual and had more empty on the tower side. They finally figured out that's the side that's on TV more often. Makes the rent look fuller! Showing the ACC "Yeah we fill it up!" ;)
Playing Sandstorm for 30 seconds near the end of a tv timeout doesn't cut it.

Reaction Score

Agreed...needs to be during a timeout before a big offensive drive or defensive stand. South Carolina claims to be the originator of the "Sandstorm" and they now use it at kickoff time at the start of the game and other key points.
I love it tho....seems to get a lot of energy flowing in the stands. Not to be over used tho!!!

Reaction Score

The between 3/4 quarter activities take up too much time so they start it late. Needs to be longer.

Reaction Score
Agreed...needs to be during a timeout before a big offensive drive or defensive stand. South Carolina claims to be the originator of the "Sandstorm" and they now use it at kickoff time at the start of the game and other key points.
I love it tho....seems to get a lot of energy flowing in the stands. Not to be over used tho!!!

Best "Sandstorm" at the Rent was the 1st time they used it last year - Thursday night game vs Pitt after we just scored to go up 30-21. Had plenty of time to play it before the following kickoff. The crowd was really into it and even some of the UConn players were jumping around to it. Great moment!

F

fortebleedsblue

From watching TV it looked like students assumed jingling their keys was sufficient enough for noise ..... student section from my day use to scream their lungs out ....now they wiggle keys...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From watching TV it looked like students assumed jingling their keys was sufficient enough for noise ..... student section from my day use to scream their lungs out ....now they wiggle keys...

The student section fine. Very loud when USF was on that side of the field, they didn't score a TD down there. But yet again, we have someone who didn't go to the game badmouthing those who did "from watching TV". Loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom