Crowd was a factor today. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crowd was a factor today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The crowd was better than usual. the students were not as good as usual but they have been carrying the rest of the crowd for a long time. Although quite a few left early there was still a sizable and loud contingent on hand until the end. We were in our usual last row of section 204 banging the wall on every third down for USF and some earlier downs after penalties. It is difficult to get into a groove with harrassing the opposition, when the offense is so inept and gives you so little to celebrate. I really felt that the last drive by USF had the feel of another loss where we couldn't stop them and they would run out the clock and score to win. Thankfully the defense, which did give us plenty to cheer about stopped them again. I'm hoping that this is something we can build on for the rest of the season, similar to last year. We've got to somehow put more together on offense and be better on special teams. We were estatic with this ugly win. Hopefully the fans that understand how important and valuable the 12th man can be in home games will come early, stay to the end and cheer loudly for this team. They need the help and deserve the support. The defense is keeping us in striking distance every game.

I find the number of distractions with announcements, presentations, sideline reports, commercials, etc. really detract from the game and the coordination of them has really slipped. Once in the WMU game they played music the get the crowd going but it continued during our first down play. If that had been WMU's first down it probably would have been a penalty of some type. I know they are trying to engage the casual fans and make it fun for them, but it seems very bush league. I haven't been to other venues, especially big time college stadiums, but I can't believe this is what they do at other places. But, I guess it's all part of growing into big boy football. We're not there yet.

Reaction Score
The crowd was better than usual. the students were not as good as usual but they have been carrying the rest of the crowd for a long time. Although quite a few left early there was still a sizable and loud contingent on hand until the end. We were in our usual last row of section 204 banging the wall on every third down for USF and some earlier downs after penalties. It is difficult to get into a groove with harrassing the opposition, when the offense is so inept and gives you so little to celebrate. I really felt that the last drive by USF had the feel of another loss where we couldn't stop them and they would run out the clock and score to win. Thankfully the defense, which did give us plenty to cheer about stopped them again. I'm hoping that this is something we can build on for the rest of the season, similar to last year. We've got to somehow put more together on offense and be better on special teams. We were estatic with this ugly win. Hopefully the fans that understand how important and valuable the 12th man can be in home games will come early, stay to the end and cheer loudly for this team. They need the help and deserve the support. The defense is keeping us in striking distance every game.

I find the number of distractions with announcements, presentations, sideline reports, commercials, etc. really detract from the game and the coordination of them has really slipped. Once in the WMU game they played music the get the crowd going but it continued during our first down play. If that had been WMU's first down it probably would have been a penalty of some type. I know they are trying to engage the casual fans and make it fun for them, but it seems very bush league. I haven't been to other venues, especially big time college stadiums, but I can't believe this is what they do at other places. But, I guess it's all part of growing into big boy football. We're not there yet.
I couldn't say it better myself.I have a hard time believing that they do this at Alabama,LSU,Florida,etc.I know it doesn't happen at Michigan,I was there for the Uconn thrashing.

Reaction Score
I was also in the Jr. Husky section way up in 237 with the family. I thought the crowd was loud as well, and I certainly appreciated the lack of f-bombs where we were sitting.

Reaction Score
The student section fine. Very loud when USF was on that side of the field, they didn't score a TD down there. But yet again, we have someone who didn't go to the game badmouthing those who did "from watching TV". Loser.

Lighten up Francis. Maybe you should pay for his airline tickets to get to the game.

You have been throwing a lot of anger on the boards lately. Would a time out help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom