Cronin postgame | The Boneyard

Cronin postgame

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
he is one bizarre person
What a ramble with a mouth full of marbles
I feel for his uncle and friend but c'mon Mick all you care about is something that you will probably never see - a NC?
I am so glad he isn't coaching in Storrs
If he thinks he's had health issues before - wait until this really sinks in

Reaction Score
Quite a contrast from Virginia's coach.

Not exactly the best time to catch him in an interview though. That was a monumental collapse.

Reaction Score
Quite a contrast from Virginia's coach.

Not exactly the best time to catch him in an interview though. That was a monumental collapse.
Yup- VA coach was pure class.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Came across this one from a few weeks ago.

slide_323274_3066515_free.gif

Reaction Score

This was a brilliant statement by Mick Cronin. If you can’t see the subtle similarities between this guy and Calhoun, you have your head in the sand. People should be really happy about how the program is being run. He kicked dirt on cheaters, overrated programs full of cheaters and ignorant fans in one fell swoop. I love it.

Mick needs to figure out how to mix a little more finesse/shooting into his teams and he’ll have found the championship formula. They are just a little too rough for the tourney. He is an elite coach and again, I’d hire him in a second.

Reaction Score
This was a brilliant statement by Mick Cronin. If you can’t see the subtle similarities between this guy and Calhoun, you have your head in the sand. People should be really happy about how the program is being run. He kicked dirt on cheaters, overrated programs full of cheaters and ignorant fans in one fell swoop. I love it.

Mick needs to figure out how to mix a little more finesse/shooting into his teams and he’ll have found the championship formula. They are just a little too rough for the tourney. He is an elite coach and again, I’d hire him in a second.
Aside from the subtle difference of Calhoun actually winning big games in March?

Reaction Score

I wonder how many times he practiced this answer? He just did not know the numbers randomly off the top of his head. He was dying for someone to ask the right question so he could put that rehearsed line in.

He likes to give himself a JC type image. But its all just a image

Reaction Score
You don’t put the regular season records together Cronin does without knowing a few things. He’s fairly young, he just needs time to break through. He’s snakebit. JC didn’t make it to the Final Four until he was in his late 50s. The only thing Cincy can gain by getting a different coach is the chance to reach a FF. In the process, there’s a good chance they lose the dominating regular seasons they are accustomed to and still not reach the FF.

Reaction Score
Sweet 16 means nothing only NC's mean anything? LOL did anyone mention to the little leprechaun that you need to get past the round of 32 to win a NC? I would love to have heard on of the reporters ask him if he realized that and see how he deflected that.

Reaction Score
You don’t put the regular season records together Cronin does without knowing a few things. He’s fairly young, he just needs time to break through. He’s snakebit. JC didn’t make it to the Final Four until he was in his late 50s. The only thing Cincy can gain by getting a different coach is the chance to reach a FF. In the process, there’s a good chance they lose the dominating regular seasons they are accustomed to and still not reach the FF.
I don’t mean to single you out, but I think people toss out the “Calhoun didn’t make the FF till ‘99” argument way too casually.

Yes, it took him awhile to finally break through, but he had far more postseason success than Cronin at a similar stage in his career (including multiple Sweet 16s and Elite Eighte).

Cronin’s made the Sweet 16 exactly once in 12 seasons at Cincy. He’s had entire rosters turn over, but the postseason results continue to be the same.

At some point, it stops being a coincidence.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree that Cronin is disappointing in the postseason. What I am saying is, Cincinnati would be crazy to do anything about it but be patient. He runs a very successful, clean program. If they chase him away, they’ll regret it. So, by making life difficult for him in the local media, they risk souring their relationship with him. If that happens, there will be no shortage of people lined up to hire him.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree that Cronin is disappointing in the postseason. What I am saying is, Cincinnati would be crazy to do anything about it but be patient. He runs a very successful, clean program. If they chase him away, they’ll regret it. So, by making life difficult for him in the local media, they risk souring their relationship with him. If that happens, there will be no shortage of people lined up to hire him.
more like mick is an insecure little brat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom