Crocker at the end of the game. | The Boneyard

Crocker at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
After the final sack, Crocker did a slo-mo collapse onto all fours and put his head on the ground. As he remained in that position a couple of players walked by and no one else came to see him. It was very odd. Football games can be a gut punch but I had never witnessed this before. Was he asked about this? I haven't seen anything.

Reaction Score
After the final sack, Crocker did a slo-mo collapse onto all fours and put his head on the ground. As he remained in that position a couple of players walked by and no one else came to see him. It was very odd. Football games can be a gut but I had never witnessed this before. Was he asked about this? I haven't seen anything.
I saw it too, but I thought he got back up fairly quickly. I thought it odd too that no one came to help him. Edsall didn't see it, was already walking onto the field and had his back to him.

Reaction Score
After the final sack, Crocker did a slo-mo collapse onto all fours and put his head on the ground. As he remained in that position a couple of players walked by and no one else came to see him. It was very odd. Football games can be a gut but I had never witnessed this before. Was he asked about this? I haven't seen anything.
Another coach (Wholley??) came by and patted him on back.

Looked like just a big phew/relief reaction to me.

Can be seen here @ very end.

Reaction Score
I didn't like it. Had the opponent been UCF or Boise...perfectly warranted, but for URI...? I guess maybe he thought he saved his job?

Reaction Score
Guy has probably been so stressed lately, fears losing his job. He has a family and wants to be successful. He was relieved and happy. We should have some empathy for the guy...he doesn’t have an easy task

agreed.

Not only this, but i doubt he had any idea it would be as difficult as it has been. He has a track record of great defensive success. This may be the first time in his football career that he is getting kicked around like this (on the field, and by everyone who sees the product on the field). I can't imagine that working under Randy is all that rosy either.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Please.. He makes $300K per year. His family will be ok.

Someone makes $300k (pre-tax) for two years and he's set for life in your opinion?

The guy must know he's on the firing line, his defense has been putrid and one of his 11 underclassmen starting on defense made a play to seal the game. He's relieved and you're judging him because the opponent wasn't worth of being relieved over?

I'd love to see how you would take to having your professional career under the microscope with every decision second guessed by thousands (maybe hundreds by now) of people. The guy had a real moment out there. I doubt he enjoyed it as it just seemed to be relief. Get off your high horse.

Reaction Score
Someone makes $300k (pre-tax) for two years and he's set for life in your opinion?

The guy must know he's on the firing line, his defense has been putrid and one of his 11 underclassmen starting on defense made a play to seal the game. He's relieved and you're judging him because the opponent wasn't worth of being relieved over?

I'd love to see how you would take to having your professional career under the microscope with every decision second guessed by thousands (maybe hundreds by now) of people. The guy had a real moment out there. I doubt he enjoyed it as it just seemed to be relief. Get off your high horse.

High horse, huh? Pot meet kettle.

I didn't say he was set for life (although most Americans survive with a lot less). He'd get another job. And ya, $600K (pre-tax) would sustain him and his family until he found one. I hate the whole "has to support his family" line. If you can't support your family without making that kind of money then you are being irresponsible.

Reaction Score
High horse, huh? Pot meet kettle.

I didn't say he was set for life (although most Americans survive with a lot less). He'd get another job. And ya, $600K (pre-tax) would sustain him and his family until he found one. I hate the whole "has to support his family" line. If you can't support your family without making that kind of money then you are being irresponsible.
Usually agree with you on this board but I disagree here. Coaching is a tough profession. Very long days, work essentially 7 days a week, hardly see your family (I know many "football widows" at the high school level -- probably worse at the college level), job security sucks, don't make much at all when you first start out, only at the highest levels do coaches make "a lot" of money. Yes, he is at $300K a year right now, but I would bet that also he his still paying off any debt accrued chasing his dream to be a football coach.

Football coaches don't get in the business to get rich, the do it because it's their passion. I'm sure Crocker wants to desperately succeed -- that is what we saw yesterday.

Reaction Score
Usually agree with you on this board but I disagree here. Coaching is a tough profession. Very long days, work essentially 7 days a week, hardly see your family (I know many "football widows" at the high school level -- probably worse at the college level), job security sucks, don't make much at all when you first start out, only at the highest levels do coaches make "a lot" of money. Yes, he is at $300K a year right now, but I would bet that also he his still paying off any debt accrued chasing his dream to be a football coach.

Football coaches don't get in the business to get rich, the do it because it's their passion. I'm sure Crocker wants to desperately succeed -- that is what we saw yesterday.

Now that's a fair, quality response.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Now that's a fair, quality response.

And maybe a better argument than saying it was a weak response from Crocker at the end of the game and it somehow offended you?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have no problem with it. Baby steps program re-building. Guy was happy/relieved to get a W. Good for him and good for the guys. Until the last drive, his defense showed absolutely zero ability of stopping URI. I'm sure the guy was just relieved that his defense came through at the end to preserve the W. When the offense scores 56 points, games should never come down to final possessions (especially against FCS teams) but alas yesterday's did. Like AD Benedict said, everyone is working incredibly hard to restore the program back to past levels. And I'm sure everyone, including Coach Crocker, can see clear as day that our offense is light year's ahead of our defense. And our offense isn't exactly UCF or Boise.

Reaction Score
And maybe a better argument than saying it was a weak response from Crocker at the end of the game and it somehow offended you?

I said I didn't like it. I didn't call it weak or say I was offended. I learned a good lesson today though:

Anytime you don't like a differing opinion, accuse someone of being on their high horse. Good to know for future posting.

Reaction Score
I also didn't like a couple of Edsall's play calls yesterday. Man, I just can't seem to get off this high horse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it shows that he understands his job is in jeopardy. (Or possibly that got up to fast and was lightheaded.)

There are a lot of factors that are out of his control, but it his job to see that we have a credible defense. We haven't for the past couple of years. I wish him well and want him to be successful, but in the end if you can't do your job successfully, you lose it. That's a true for him as it is for any of us.

Individually we can feel compassion for him, but he needs to deliver or leave. We can't have another year of a defense that is this ineffective. Someone posted in another thread that Crocker will be the scapegoat for the defense. I understand the point, and think it is valid to a certain extent, but that's his job. He's got figure out how do it successfully within the constraints that exist.

And while "understandable" it wasn't acceptable. He's a leader. His body language matters and he just told the entire defense that he was shocked and grateful for the last couple of stops. Wrong message. Pump you fist, high five, hug someone, but don't collapse on the ground.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Guys, the D hadn't stopped a thing in almost 3 games and comes up with two straight plays to pull out the first win of the season in a game were losing would have been a Towson level gut punch. He can react how ever he wants. He can enjoy the fleeting moment and get back to work.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I said I didn't like it. I didn't call it weak or say I was offended. I learned a good lesson today though:

Anytime you don't like a differing opinion, accuse someone of being on their high horse. Good to know for future posting.

I was going to take this another step but I'll just say "Good day to you sir" and move on.

Reaction Score
I also didn't like a couple of Edsall's play calls yesterday. Man, I just can't seem to get off this high horse.
There was a time span in the third quarter when they were doing too much running. Yeah, I know they were working the clock and they are adamant that they need to be able to move the ball on the ground, but they ended up punting it away a couple times and they got outscored in the third which got URI back in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom