Crocker at the end of the game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crocker at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
There was a time span in the third quarter when they were doing too much running. Yeah, I know they were working the clock and they are adamant that they need to be able to move the ball on the ground, but they ended up punting it away a couple times and they got outscored in the third which got URI back in the game.
we can't afford to start chewing clock until there's less than 5 minutes left in the game and we're up by 2+ scores. It was pretty weird that we were going for it on 4th down all day but then suddenly decided to go conservative as URI was gaining more momentum

Reaction Score
The fumble at the beginning of the second half and the penalty on the punt return were big plays that could have made the game a lot easier and allowed for safer clock chewing. Those two plays would have put us up by 3 or 4 TDs and would have taken a lot of pressure off the D and Crocker. I like the mentality of having to score every possession much better than the field position game Diaco played. Keep that mentality while getting a few more stops and things will start looking much better.

Reaction Score
The guy knows what is being said about him. This guy left a successful situation to come here, and it looks like he has been somewhat handcuffed in his preferred scheme.

I'm hoping he could somewhat turn it around. Once upon time we moved Uyi Osunde from LB to DE, and Dan Davis from DE to DT. Seeing Beavers and Thomas line up at DE makes me hopeful that we may actually force a couple of punts a game if we can get teams to 3rd down.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
agreed.

Not only this, but i doubt he had any idea it would be as difficult as it has been. He has a track record of great defensive success. This may be the first time in his football career that he is getting kicked around like this (on the field, and by everyone who sees the product on the field). I can't imagine that working under Randy is all that rosy either.
I grew up with Billy you couldn't ask for a better person, or bigger competitor was a hs qb...It doesn't matter who the defense coordinator is , the results wouldn't be any different..

Reaction Score
After the final sack, Crocker did a slo-mo collapse onto all fours and put his head on the ground. As he remained in that position a couple of players walked by and no one else came to see him. It was very odd. Football games can be a gut punch but I had never witnessed this before. Was he asked about this? I haven't seen anything.

Very critical part of the day for myself also. After all the strenuous activities that took place on defense I thought for sure there would be a reporter of superior quality that would ask Randy.
"Coach is there a reason coach Crocker bowed to the west instead of the east at the end of the game?"

C

Chief00

Edsall defended him plenty last season - It now is a reflection on both of them. I feel for him but agree - we need better results.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
C+. You passed.
I was waiting for someone to comment on that post. If I had capitalized the "T" would if have been a B-"

(I lost edit and delete functionality today. [The high administrator, whose name I am not allowed to mention anymore, apparently] is working on fixing it.)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
[The high administrator, whose name I am not allowed to mention anymore, apparently] is working on fixing it.)

I hope it's not Voldemort.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope it's not Voldemort.
Kinda feels that way sometimes.
article-2101264-0A3902AC000005DC-92_468x286.jpg

"Moderatus Approvus"​

Reaction Score
Edsall defended him plenty last season - It now is a reflection on both of them. I feel for him but agree - we need better results.
Better results with what personnel?

Reaction Score
eh, by what I"ve seen through 3 games this season, Crocker is going nowhere, nor is Edsall, and they've got their player in the middle of the D to build around in #57. That kid is a monster and looks like he can move. The rest is just whining and excuses because right now in September 2018, we're a young D (and team) and we suck.

I read an article the other day, where a starting player on D was quoted talking about how he had to learn to wrap up to make a tackle. That's not a joke. If they're not conditioned, trained and automatic on the fundamentals of tackling - how the hell are they going to expected to know how to fill a gap with their body positioning properly to shed a block and make the tackle?

Players are going to get older. That I can guarantee. Whether or not the ones here develop physically and mentally as players and together as a team will depend on how well the program is running as a machine, and the fuel for the machine is recruits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom