Critics of the coaching staff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Critics of the coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alysa Auriemma herself questioned coaching decisions on Twitter. And said she wasn't afraid to do it.

At least the rest of us get to do it somewhat anonymously.

Reaction Score
What's clear is that he will have to come out with a different strategy for dealing with both Griner and Sims the next time, assuming there is one. It may not be true, but it appeared to those of us not on the court that the halftime adjustments on UConn's part were minimal. For that to be the case, you have to believe that Geno thought UConn could keep up its shooting pace against Baylor and that Baylor was not going to go back to its inside game with Griner. I doubt that he thought either of those things.

That tells me that either he simply miscalculated or that his players were unable to execute the changes he asked for.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
USA Basketball obviously made a terrible decision picking Geno as the Olympic coach. They should have picked Kim Mulkey or several posters on this board.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I turned down the Olympic coaching job when it was offered to me a couple of years ago. You see, I like to drink beers, smoke cigars and talk about the attractive middle-aged women I've scoped out in the stands on the downtime between halves -- to unwind and take the edge off. But USA Basketball told me I needed to use that time to make meaningful adjustments. Neither of us would budge, so they rescinded the offer. Since Geno was hired as their second choice, I have to assume that he convinced USA basketball of his commitment to make meaningful adjustments during the half time break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom