Criqui and Murphy are horrible. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Criqui and Murphy are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
CBS has a long history of WCBB double headers on Saturdays.
For reasons known only to the NCAA, its actually part of their contract for the men's tournament. I've known that for years.

And if you think about it - the only women's games on so-called national "broadcast" TV. The WNBA crosses over to ABC, women's BB is all on ESPN, the Foxes, and local stations.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't think Criqui was a ND homer, though his partner was.

Criqui is a Notre Dame graduate and is the play-by-play announcer for ND football. He's a homer, but not overtly so. I think most fans would've given him a pass on the homerism if, like you said, he could've just correctly identified the players. He didn't even get the ND players' names right and he spends a lot of time in South Bend!

BTW, I've listened to him broadcast ND football games and he's messed up some of those calls as well. And football is a much slower game!

Reaction Score
For reasons known only to the NCAA, its actually part of their contract for the men's tournament. I've known that for years.

And if you think about it - the only women's games on so-called national "broadcast" TV. The WNBA crosses over to ABC, women's BB is all on ESPN, the Foxes, and local stations.

yeah, some of us can remember the F4 being on CBS before ESPN got the contract.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
LaChina Robinson is very competent.

And with a name like that, she's a dish. She bowled me over.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with this thread, DC had the score flubbed more often than they scored. Came across as way out of his element.
She had ND totally dominating Uconn, I do realize the wins they have had but do not understand total domination. From memory most losses have been close and well fought.

Reaction Score
Don "Creaky" ought to be required to have his brain scanned before he does any more announcing. Seems like there's a little amyloid plaque building up there.

Or maybe he was just drunk.

Reaction Score
Lobo tweeted how happy she was to call the season finale between UConn and ND. I replied "so is the rest of the world". UConn has had plenty of broadcasters infatuated with them through the years...and they weren't even alumni. Burke use to annoy all non-Uconn fans with her fandom. Even in the recent game she made some comment like "that's my girl". Not really non-homerish is it? Robin Roberts LOVED Uconn. Honestly their mistakes were so bad at the beginning I blocked them out and don't even remember anything they said by the time the 1st half was over. I'd rather listen to Lobo and Lawson all day.

Reaction Score
Criqui is an "old" 72 years of age and should be given an emeritus position at the Notre Dame school of broadcasting.

Reaction Score
Criqui is an "old" 72 years of age and should be given an emeritus position at the Notre Dame school of broadcasting.
He looks like he's 92. He's only two years older than me, and looks like he needs to be fed intravenously.

No matter what his age is, though, he's clearly non compos mentis.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He looks like he's 92. He's only two years older than me, and looks like he needs to be fed intravenously.

No matter what his age is, though, he's clearly non compos mentis.
I thought he was drunk. Seriously.

Reaction Score
It might have been last year, two years ago, or maybe even three years ago, the Boneyard could not heap enough praise on Don Criqui. Then again, he was broadcating with Rebecca Lobo at his side.

Criqui goes back a long way in my memory. For the discerning UConn fan, he was not up to Chick Hearn-Marv Albert-Gus Johnson standards. Still, I can listen to any and all WCBB games that do not have Caroline Peck on the call. Ms Peck is still on ESPN's payroll. Just goes to show ESPN pays little attention to all my complaints.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom