Criqui and Murphy are horrible. | The Boneyard

Criqui and Murphy are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I didn't think we'd have Criqui since he does the radio play-by-play for ND football. He should be in Miami prepping for Monday night's game.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
And we get this Schatz woman at the half.. CBS seems intent on putting on the worst possible face to WCBB.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
CBS doesn't care about WBB. One day a year. Why bother? It's just a novelty to them. Leave the games to the networks that have been doing it all year.

Reaction Score
I didn't think we'd have Criqui since he does the radio play-by-play for ND football. He should be in Miami prepping for Monday night's game.
You assume that Criqui preps. Based on his miscalls today, I would say that's a very mistaken assumption.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
they don't keep track of substitutions, misidentify players, stick to their script (regardless of accuracy), get the score wrong..Meghan, come back, we miss you!

Reaction Score
they don't keep track of substitutions, misidentify players, stick to their script (regardless of accuracy), get the score wrong..Meghan, come back, we miss you!
I'm not ready to go that far, but Eric what's-his-name, the not-Picozzi? Him I miss.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Don, KML doesn't look anything like Hartley!

Reaction Score
You assume that Criqui preps. Based on his miscalls today, I would say that's a very mistaken assumption.

even if he didn't prep for the game, get a scorecard with the players numbers

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
these two are total ND homers. It's embarassing

Reaction Score
The previous game had great announcers, and we get stuck with these two. They s*ck.
Had to mute them. Just terrible. Did they know ND was 0-12 against UConn for the many times mentioned the last 5 or 6 games?

Reaction Score
Besides the fact that he couldn't get the players names right for either team, his "this little lady" reference about Mo Jefferson really irked me. No, it wasn't to the level of being "sexist", but it is certainly antiquated and doesn't belong in the vernacular of a national broadcast of college women's basketball - ESPECIALLY in a sport that has become so physical. If he were calling a men's game, would he refer to a male point guard of short stature a "little gentleman"? He needs to stick to football and men's basketball.

So glad CBS doesn't do regular women's games with these jokers.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Unprepared.
unacceptable.
But CBS got two competitive hard fought games
Better than any other network has.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
CBS doesn't care about WBB. One day a year. Why bother? It's just a novelty to them. Leave the games to the networks that have been doing it all year.
CBS has a long history of WCBB double headers on Saturdays.

Reaction Score
I'm watching the Louisville-DePaul game (close and good, by the way) and loving the announcers. LaChina and--Bob Picozzi? Can't tell. But I'm listening mostly for them. After what we heard, it's refreshing.

Reaction Score
Besides the fact that he couldn't get the players names right for either team, his "this little lady" reference about Mo Jefferson really irked me. No, it wasn't to the level of being "sexist", but it is certainly antiquated and doesn't belong in the vernacular of a national broadcast of college women's basketball - ESPECIALLY in a sport that has become so physical. If he were calling a men's game, would he refer to a male point guard of short stature a "little gentleman"? He needs to stick to football and men's basketball.

So glad CBS doesn't do regular women's games with these jokers.

agree!

Reaction Score
The previous game had great announcers, and we get stuck with these two. They s*ck.

speedoo, you are absolutely right. How can you not know how to pronounce a player's name. How can you mistake two ND players because their last names start with the same letter. Don Criqui should not be allowed to announce any more sporting events, not even minor league contests. He was absolutely horrible, and his partner wasn't much better.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'm watching the Louisville-DePaul game (close and good, by the way) and loving the announcers. LaChina and--Bob Picozzi? Can't tell. But I'm listening mostly for them. After what we heard, it's refreshing.
It was Picozzi and La China and they did a great job.

I have never understood the criticism Picozzi took here when he was working for CPTV.. He is very good PBP guy, which makes him better than most of the WCBB PBP people, most of whom are simply incompetent.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Murphy could not contain her Irish, Catholic, Midwestern (Chicago native) homerism. The only thing missing today were her green and gold pom poms.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think LaChina's last name is Robinson or Robertson. We UConn fans raved over her after she did a UConn game last year. She's a keeper.

Reaction Score
I don't think Criqui was a ND homer, though his partner was. He just did not seem capable of keeping up when he clearly was unprepared. with all the good young announcers who are dying to get a break, CBS trots out this old warhorse and tells him to call the game. Not unlike lovable old Jim Lehrer at the presidential debate. It took a whole half before Criqui could figure out that there's a difference between Mabry and McBride. He got KML and Hartley confused -- for myself, I'm betting that's an unconscious race thing -- he got the score wrong at least a couple of times, and called Monqueda Lewis "Monqueda." God, it seemed endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom