Creme tries to stay relevant, fails | The Boneyard

Creme tries to stay relevant, fails

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Charlie has done two things—
1) He has given his opinions and summaries of first round games.
2) He has displayed arrogance and bred confusion by calling those opinions "reseeding"

If I am wrong, the Boneyard will be quick to condemn me, and I'll eat crow, lots of crow.

I don't believe Creme's so-called reseeding will have any effect on the schedule.

Reaction Score
If you Click on anything from Creme, Voepel, etc, and dislike, ESPN does not care. They got you to click and discuss/complain. ESPN wins. You lose.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
1616516304539.png

Reaction Score
It was irresponsible for ESPN to let the word reseeding be used.

Claiming that South Carolina, who took 2-1/2 quarters to pull away from a 16 seed, was more impressive than Baylor, is absolutely utterly nonsensical garbage. The Baylor game was over before the first quarter ended.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It was irresponsible for ESPN to let the word reseeding be used.

Claiming that South Carolina, who took 2-1/2 quarters to pull away from a 16 seed, was more impressive than Baylor, is absolutely utterly nonsensical garbage. The Baylor game was over before the first quarter ended.
It seemed to me that CC was claiming that NC State was the underperformer, not Baylor. But who cares what he says, the brackets do not change. His comments may affect betting odds, but not schedules.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Charlie has done two things—
1) He has given his opinions and summaries of first round games.
2) He has displayed arrogance and bred confusion by calling those opinions "reseeding"

If I am wrong, the Boneyard will be quick to condemn me, and I'll eat crow, lots of crow.

I don't believe Creme's so-called reseeding will have any effect on the schedule.

I doubt seriously that you will be required to eat crow. However, should you choose to do so, I recommend avoiding a bechamel sauce. The "Creme" in this case is truly spoiled. ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Irresponsible? LOL. They posted a similar article on the men's side. "Reseeding" the remaining field is a popular trope during tournament time. Talk about going out of your way to find trouble...
Exactly!

Its an article covering women's basketball which we as fans are trying to make more noticeable. Its coverage. Until there is half the coverage the men's tournament gets I'm up for any reading.

And if anyone has the time they should read the article and the tweets by Michelle Voepel regarding the officiating. She brought a very realistic point that i hadn't thought of when it comes to journalist and officials.

I don't necessarily think any of them are anti UCONN they are rather trying to give light to the other teams and players as they should. ESPN pushes UCONN to an extent because of ratings but there should be other coverage as well. I thought the Natasha Mack story during the Oklahoma State game was fantastic and should have been a half time report instead of the Paige Bueckers spot which I believe I saw about 20 times on the opening day.

Reaction Score
Irresponsible? LOL. They posted a similar article on the men's side. "Reseeding" the remaining field is a popular trope during tournament time. Talk about going out of your way to find trouble...
+10000000000000000000

Reaction Score
Its an article covering women's basketball which we as fans are trying to make more noticeable. Its coverage. Until there is half the coverage the men's tournament gets I'm up for any reading.

Amen.

These non-stop attacks on Creme have long gotten annoying and tiresome. He covers the game we all enjoy. Isn't that a good thing?
I'm sure everyone who trashed him for predicting that Stanford would be overall #1 has acknowledged that he was right (about that and a bunch of other things).

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is the instant analysis that is lowering everyone's IQ in this country. The idea that the results of 1 game in the first round of a 6 game tournament that creates match-ups based on a season worth of games should completely change the perception of the previous 24+ games is to ignore the very nature of competition and its unpredictability. Because a #1 seed or a #2 seed either blew away, or struggled mightily in a game against inferior competition is meaningless.
TA&M struggled so lets drop them but move SC up because while they lost to TA&M they beat crap out of a meaningless opponent? And meanwhile lets jump Maryland and Baylor way up because they beat more crap out of meaningless opponents than the crap NC State and Louisville beat out of their meaningless opponents. While a lot of people had issues with the order of teams in the top 8, whatever analysis of resumes that the committee made should not change based on the first round games - I'll give you dropping TA&M some, but if you do much then you have to say SC losing to them was a lot worse than you previously counted it.

Reaction Score
Probably should have called it "re-ranking". At this point is there any logical person who doesn't think Baylor is the best 2 seed , or very close behind Maryland?
As I thought before the NCAA named the 1 seeds, Maryland and Baylor should have been 1s instead of Texas A&M for sure and probably S. Carolina and NC State. I know the B1G and Big 12 were weak this year, but just like UCONN, winners of the even weaker Big East, you can just see the level of play. If only Baylor and Md played some legit OOC games.

Reaction Score
Google "reseed the tournament," and you will see that ESPN, Deadspin, 247sports all did one for the Men's tournament. Apparently they're all trying to stay relevant and failing too.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I doubt seriously that you will be required to eat crow. However, should you choose to do so, I recommend avoiding a bechamel sauce. The "Creme" in this case is truly spoiled. ;)
A pun within a cooking metaphor?!!!. That was soooo bad it was good. ;)

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
It gives fans something to chew over on fan forums.

Geez, some days people complain about the lack of coverage of wbb and then other days....
I post on the Boneyard. Therefore, it is my Mod given right to complain. ;)

Reaction Score
What's the point of reseeding the teams?
in 1999 Billy Packer, a CBS men’s basketball analyst suggested final fours should be reseeded to ensure the top two teams would meet in the final. That year he thought Duke and Michigan State were far and away the top teams And they met in the semis. Dike won that game and UConn beat Ohio State in the other semi. Of course the UConn men went on to beat Duke and to top it off the women also won the National Championship.

Reaction Score
I have no problem if someone wants to re-rank the teams. Reseeding has a precise meaning.

Reaction Score
I have no problem if someone wants to re-rank the teams. Reseeding has a precise meaning.

It does, but not in the way you think. These reseeding articles have become common in CBB. As I said I was able to find 3 on the men. There are likely more.
Creme did not invent the terminology.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what qualifications Creme has for his job. A Google search turns up zippo about his background. Basically, anyone with a computer and one statistics course could do his job just as well or better.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what qualifications Creme has for his job. A Google search turns up zippo about his background. Basically, anyone with a computer and one statistics course could do his job just as well or better.
I believe his day job is a pharmaceutical salesman or something like that. He‘s a seasonal part timer for ESPN.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Based on today's games Creme obviously blew the seeding again: TN and KY and WV obviously should not have gotten 3 and 4 seeds. SEC way over seeded as was the Big12, Big10, ACC, were obviously grossly disrespected!

So tongue out of cheek - do not see how Michigan is going to trouble Baylor in the next round (or how TN would have either.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom