Creme Brktology 2/23 | The Boneyard

Creme Brktology 2/23

Reaction Score
According to Massey, A&M gets the hardest bracket by far with UConn the second hardest

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Creme is usually pretty accurate with who gets in (IIRC historically), but often gets placement and brackets wrong. We will see come March what the committee decides to do.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wake Forest deserves to be in. The ACCT is going to be huge for them.

Reaction Score
SCar does not deserve #3 at this point in time and I am biased.

SCar and A&M should be number 7 and 8 presntly with the last game winner to rise and loser MAYBE fall one place. Maybe not. Arizona may not be entitled to rise above the loser of that game.

Reaction Score
So much for the number one over all getting the easiest route, seems to happen every time UCONN is the over all number one

Reaction Score
For me it would be UConn PLUS the power 5 leaders PLUS the two power 5 2d place team that haave a solid chance to pass the leaders. Arizona on the edge of being in top 8. Winner of SCar v. TxA&M will jump Maryland and Baylor next week. Loser may be jumped by Arizona.

1. UConn
  2. Stan
  3. NC State
  4. Louisville
  5. Maryland
  6. Baylor
  7. TAMU
  8. SCar

Reaction Score

SCar and A&M should be number 7 and 8 presntly with the last game winner to rise and loser MAYBE fall one place. Maybe not. Arizona may not be entitled to rise above the loser of that game.
haha, I appreciate the modesty, but #7 & 8? Uhhh, no.
I would have NC St #3, but dont know anyone that has a more of a claim on #4 than SC/TAM

Reaction Score
I think its practically a lock that Arkansas will be in UConn's 'region'. Their bout last month is turning out to be one of the most competitive and visually entertaining games of this season. I also think if this was a non-covid year that Maryland would be moved to UConn's or SoCarolina's region.

It's usually fun to speculate who would get shipped to the more remote region. Unless your fav program is Lone-Star State based, that's just about everybody this year. Tough break for Stanford, who would most certainly be in the westernmost region.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
haha, I appreciate the modesty, but #7 & 8? Uhhh, no.
I would have NC St #3, but dont know anyone that has a more of a claim on #4 than SC/TAM
SCar/TAMU each have some very good wins but no Excellent wins. SCar's two High Quality losses don't mean much to me.

Maybe part of that is that I don't think SCar is good enough to be Top 4. Sure, we can hang with anybody due to defense, but we don't shoot well - especially in the last 4 minutes. The two clutch shooters graduated last year. Nobody has stepped up to fill their rolls. (Kiki dominated the SEC tourney last year. I don't see us winning the tourney this year). A&M hasn't played any Excellent teams.

Perhaps I'm overly pessimistic.

Reaction Score
In the past few years Creme and the committee have compared notes. Prior to that Creme's bracket was a joke less than accurate. He didn't even understand the "Policies and Procedures", ignoring geography when it was the prime rule. My suspicion is that they have agreed to make each other look good. For once I'd like to see ESPN bring in Massey himself, or someone outside the NCAA/Creme circle who will actually ask follow up questions to the committee chairman. The way it is Creme sets up the country for the committee's bracket so they can say "See, even Creme agrees with us".
I have a feeling that this will be a crazy tournament and upsets will abound so whose to say whether UConn-Arkansas is likely.

Reaction Score
I think its practically a lock that Arkansas will be in UConn's 'region'. Their bout last month is turning out to be one of the most competitive and visually entertaining games of this season. I also think if this was a non-covid year that Maryland would be moved to UConn's or SoCarolina's region.

It's usually fun to speculate who would get shipped to the more remote region. Unless your fav program is Lone-Star State based, that's just about everybody this year. Tough break for Stanford, who would most certainly be in the westernmost region.
Stanford (or any west coast team) nearly always got a break in the bracket. The weakest 1 or 2 seed was a virtual lock to be sent out west because of the geography rule and the fact that the west coast was almost always the furthest site for the rest of the 1 and 2 seeds. The games were seemingly always played on a court the Trees were familiar with.

Reaction Score
For me it would be UConn PLUS the power 5 leaders PLUS the two power 5 2d place team that haave a solid chance to pass the leaders. Arizona on the edge of being in top 8. Winner of SCar v. TxA&M will jump Maryland and Baylor next week. Loser may be jumped by Arizona.
For starters, no way either should be behind Louisville.

1614106569769.png

Reaction Score

SCar and A&M should be number 7 and 8 presntly with the last game winner to rise and loser MAYBE fall one place. Maybe not. Arizona may not be entitled to rise above the loser of that game
I know SC has lost 3 games but they have more Top 25 wins than anybody and you can't just discount that and they haven't lost to ANYBODY out of the top 25. You have to look at the entire resume. Look at the strength of schedules of the other teams you are putting in front of them. Now I agree they shouldn't have lost some of those games, but they've won a bunch others against the rest of the best. If we don't win both of our remaining games I'm with you but for this week don't shortchange your team just because you think they should be better.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wake Forest deserves to be in. The ACCT is going to be huge for them.
They lost to Notre Dame. In this day and age, that's a huge blemish on the resume to overcome.

Given how weak the ACC is this year, they were very lucky to catch Missouri State in a hangover after its huge win over Maryland. That's literally the only thing saving their bacon at this point.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can we get a definitive list of "your" teams. You seem to have more teams than Geno has rings. :)
Or is it just any NC school except ... you know ... that one.
I do root for 17 of the 18 Division I schools in North Carolina, but as far as MY teams go.... well... its
My Duke Blue Devils, NCA&T Aggies, UNC-G Spartans, High Point Panthers, Western Carolina Catamounts, Campbell Camels, UNC-Asheville Bulldogs, Garner Webb Bulldogs, and Presbyterian (SC) Blue Hose. Anything beyond that.. I'd just be greedy.

Hierarchy of the WCBB teams you root for

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They lost to Notre Dame. In this day and age, that's a huge blemish on the resume to overcome.

Given how weak the ACC is this year, they were very lucky to catch Missouri State in a hangover after its huge win over Maryland. That's literally the only thing saving their bacon at this point.

I think Plebe has the same love for the ACC as I do for cooked green vegetables :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Interesting bracket.... #2 Louisville matched up with #15 High Point (My panthers)
I was hoping for a little outrage that "your Panthers" aren't projected at a higher seed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Plebe has the same love for the ACC as I do for cooked green vegetables :rolleyes:
Interestingly, the analogy that comes to mind when I think of the bulk of the ACC is some really really soggy spinach. Just extremely flaccid with absolutely no body at all.

Reaction Score
Is being ranked fifth the highest for USF? No way Arizona beats Baylor. No way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom