Creme Bracketology: 1/5/15 | The Boneyard

Creme Bracketology: 1/5/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That guy is a joke. Might as well attempt a bracketology before the first scrimmages of November. Last year his March bracketology, which came out at season's end when the only questionable qualifiers for the tournament were at the very bottom of the 64, yet was a shambles and his predictions of regional placements were off by a moonshot. I'd wager there are a half-dozen Boneyarders (def. NOT I) far more knowledgeable than Creme and capable of doing their own bracketology- and one of superior accuracy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It is funny, and Tennessee deserves a 2 seed now, but to give a perspective... they are up 16-14 (at the under 4 minute timeout)...against the same Vandy team that UCONN slaughtered by about 40. UCONN Outscored them 52-27 in the first half alone. Gives you an idea of what a UCONN vs. Tennessee game would like like... I realize it's not a perfect example, but there will be several teams that both UCONN and Tennessee play, and how much they have struggled against average competition is enlightening...

He also put UNC as the 3 seed - lots of drama there too... DD leaves UNC for Tennessee - even tho she can't suit up (I don't think she can even travel to the game), it's still high drama!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No sweat. They would have to beat Chattanooga to get to us.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna bet against Tex-Tex A&M being sent to Spokane over OKC. Yes, if ND is ranked higher you could argue that they should get a closer site to their home, but either way, it's pretty far from home.

If SC gets Greensboro, and Tx A&M gets OKC, then the new bracketing rules say Tenn goes to Albany or Spok. So it's not that big a stretch to think TN could end up in Albany.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That guy is a joke. Might as well attempt a bracketology before the first scrimmages of November. Last year his March bracketology, which came out at season's end when the only questionable qualifiers for the tournament were at the very bottom of the 64, yet was a shambles and his predictions of regional placements were off by a moonshot. I'd wager there are a half-dozen Boneyarders (def. NOT I) far more knowledgeable than Creme and capable of doing their own bracketology- and one of superior accuracy.
Wow- I'm not sure we have half a dozen Boneyarder's who can even spell Bracketology??? :) :) :)

Reaction Score
Quick question-- anybody know why he has 2 seed Louisville (a seeding with which I do not a priori disagree) playing rd 1 & 2 on the home court of 7 seed UWGB?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Actually I believe Creme does a very thorough and usually pretty accurate selection list for the Brackets, even if this time of year it's just mindless fun. The placements were a bit off last year and some teams were missed, but it is never an easy task figuring out which way the committee will go from year to year. Last year they spurned good mid majors for lackluster P5 teams that broke many usual qualifying conventions, and that was not easy to guess. They also made USCar a #1 seed which baffled Creme who thought Stanford should be the West #1, and of course the Gamecocks were out in the S16 while the Cardinal saw UConn in the FF.

But he has UTenn up against North Dakota State of the Summit conference in the first round? I smell a Ball State thing here.

Reaction Score
Because the Louisville men would be playing at the Yum Center that weekend.

Reaction Score
Quick question-- anybody know why he has 2 seed Louisville (a seeding with which I do not a priori disagree) playing rd 1 & 2 on the home court of 7 seed UWGB?
The yum center will host the 1st 2 rounds of the men's tournament that weekend.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The Louisville Women could host at Freedom Hall, couldn't they?
Interesting notion, cockhrnleghorn; having grown up in "The 'Ville", I'm aware of the long and storied history of Freedom Hall and college bball. But, not having lived in town for years, what I don't know is, has Freedom Hall been maintained as a basketball site since the Yum Center opened? Not only the physical infrastructure of seats, electrical systems, lighting, plumbing, etc., but even the support staff needed to host and care/feed the attendees? Now, I realize that first and second round games may not draw the volume of folks that a Final Four would, but, U of L still draws pretty well, so, you do need some capacity. Given the hoards that the city deals with every Derby, I don't think hotel rooms are an issue.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Playing Green Bay at Green Bay, ouch! That could easily be an upset and unfortunate for Louisville.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The Louisville Women could host at Freedom Hall, couldn't they?
Freedom Hall events seem mainly devoted to monster jams and tractor pulls nowadays. That jam referred to is not Griner style dunk, and probably only reno tony would associate a basketball game with a tractor pull, so it seems that a lot of work would have to be done to make Freedom Hall ready for hoops.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Also I am not sure Louisville would get the option to move the game to an arena of their choosing - the knew rules say the top 16 get to host the first two rounds on their home court - not 'get to dictate where the first two rounds will be played'.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Would they be trying to draw the same fans as the men?
The men wouldn't be playing at the Yum Center, they'd be on the road somewhere. If the women's NCAAT is on a Friday - Sunday schedule and both events are hosted by the NCAA, surely they could host both on the same Thursday-Monday period. Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm not a Louisville fan, but I'd feel sorry for their women if that happened.

Reaction Score
The men wouldn't be playing at the Yum Center, they'd be on the road somewhere. If the women's NCAAT is on a Friday - Sunday schedule and both events are hosted by the NCAA, surely they could host both on the same Thursday-Monday period. Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm not a Louisville fan, but I'd feel sorry for their women if that happened.

I would assume Creme has checked this out and confirmed that Louisville cannot host.

Also keep in mind that the teams are entitled to a certain amount of practice time on the court the day before a game. It would be difficult to fit in all the practices and all the games each day.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
From the NCAA tickets site concerning the first round games:

First-, second- and regional rounds will be played earlier in the week, with games on Friday/Sunday and Saturday/Monday. First-round play will take place March 20 and 21, while second-round play will take place March 22 and 23 at non-predetermined sites on the courts of the top 16 seeds. In the event that a top 16 seeded team does not submit a bid to host, or their bid does not meet requirements for hosting, the committee will select a host from the remaining submitted bids that meet requirements. In order to adhere to the bracketing principles, it may not be possible to select the next highest seed to host.

Potential hosts have to have submitted a bid, and with Louisville hosting men's R2 and R3 games on Thursday and Saturday, it may not have been considered doable or even permitted option for the women to host in between with all the changes that would be needed to switch the banners around and work around practice time. I cannot think of any disqualifying issues with UWGB hosting in this situation as the two teams have not played each other this year. Clearly, Creme has been apprised of the situation about the bids, because one thing he is is very meticulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom