Creighton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
And more passion

I wouldn’t go that far. If we could knock down shots like them I’m sure our enthusiasm would have matched or exceeded them.

Reaction Score
Hate being 0-5 against them but they are easy to root for. One bad pass robbed them of chance to keep playing. Their players play with a lot of confidence Very well coached.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I said pencil, not pen.

I have to think Creighton will be a top ten team next season
Hard to believe they were picked 8th in the BE preseason poll but they lost all their starters from last years tournament team. And props to Greg McD for actually playing his freshman

Reaction Score
Difference between a great coach and… Hurley…. Creighton is playing above their heads when the time calls for it against a superior team… UConn loses to a mid major….
Remember McDermott is in his 28th season. He is certainly a better coach at this point. I remember McDermott at Iowa State and he really stunk there.

Reaction Score
Remember McDermott is in his 28th season. He is certainly a better coach at this point. I remember McDermott at Iowa State and he really stunk there.

Never had a winning record and only beat a ranked team once but I love the quote. Words to live by.

McDermott was the Cyclones' head coach for four seasons between 2007 and 2010, and during his tenure led them to an overall record of 59 wins and 68 losses (59–68).[7] His marquee victory at Iowa State came on March 6, 2010, against No. 5 Kansas State. This was his only victory over a ranked team while with the Cyclones. Famous with the locals for always saying, “anything is possible, with a marg in your hand”

Who knows. Maybe guys get better. Hopefully those strategy books help.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Applause Applause for Creighton
Class act

Reaction Score
Never had a winning record and only beat a ranked team once but I love the quote. Words to live by.

McDermott was the Cyclones' head coach for four seasons between 2007 and 2010, and during his tenure led them to an overall record of 59 wins and 68 losses (59–68).[7] His marquee victory at Iowa State came on March 6, 2010, against No. 5 Kansas State. This was his only victory over a ranked team while with the Cyclones. Famous with the locals for always saying, “anything is possible, with a marg in your hand”

Who knows. Maybe guys get better. Hopefully those strategy books help.
I would say most great coaches don’t even begin to hit their stride until at least ten years. Some may have earlier success but most take time. Took Calhoun time. I think Hurley is on the cusp of getting it. He gets a lot of things well, but still has plenty to learn. Coach k was almost run out of Duke. I think it would be wise to stick with Hurley for continuity sake. And he will only get better.

Reaction Score
I would say most great coaches don’t even begin to hit their stride until at least ten years. Some may have earlier success but most take time. Took Calhoun time. I think Hurley is on the cusp of getting it. He gets a lot of things well, but still has plenty to learn. Coach k was almost run out of Duke. I think it would be wise to stick with Hurley for continuity sake. And he will only get better.
Jay wright didn’t even make the NCAA tournament until year 5 at Nova. Although by then he had built the core of the 2006 final four team. After year 4 with Hurley, we relied on a combo of mid major transfers/Ollie players, and they all may be gone. We don’t even have a point guard for next year. We have some talent, but I’m not seeing how we compete for the Big East championship, let alone the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jay wright didn’t even make the NCAA tournament until year 5 at Nova. Although by then he had built the core of the 2006 final four team. After year 4 with Hurley, we relied on a combo of mid major transfers, Ollie players, and they all may be gone. We don’t even have a point guard for next year.
AAC hurt initial recruiting…but Hurley certainly needs to work on getting some more shot makers…The culture is better than when he got here…and we are trending up. Next year is a real pivotal year. I am very interested to see how Sampson, Diggins, Floyd, karaban, and clingan will impact. My gut feeling is Cole will be back.

Reaction Score
Played their asses off with two of their best players on the bench. Unluckiest team in the country

Reaction Score
Fair point. He just seems to get much more out of his players than Hurley does though. Maybe 10 years down the road it will be the same for Hurley.

Reaction Score
AAC hurt initial recruiting…but Hurley certainly needs to work on getting some more shot makers…The culture is better than when he got here…and we are trending up. Next year is a real pivotal year. I am very interested to see how Sampson, Diggins, Floyd, karaban, and clingan will impact. My gut feeling is Cole will be back.
He whiffed on Gaffney and Diggins is not off to a good start. Of Diggins doesn’t pan out it’s program crushing unless he gets an impact transfer. He needs a point guard.

Reaction Score
Kaluma is a beast for a freshman, he doesn’t get much recognition either. I don’t think they have much more talent then us just better coached!!
Might be a touch of both or actually I think their guys just fit their system better except kaluma he’s a beast anywhere he gives siakam vibes

Reaction Score
He whiffed on Gaffney and Diggins is not off to a good start. Of Diggins doesn’t pan out it’s program crushing unless he gets an impact transfer. He needs a point guard.
I didn’t like diggins not because he can’t play in our conference he’s just not Hurley’s type of guy at the helm he’s much more fínese than a hard nose point guard he would play at a few other schools in the big east

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom