Creighton -4.5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton -4.5

Reaction Score
IMO this would be the best win of the season so far.

They have won 7 in a row. Great home court. They are very much the top 10 team they were projected to be.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Arthur Kaluma breakout game. He’s destined for 20/10 tonight and it’s up to Karaban to stop it from happening.

Unfortunately I see Sanogo getting into foul trouble early by the hayseed’s home whistle, so expect some Clingan on Kalkbrenner.

Regardless we can’t win here we’re doomed, why are they in the Big East anyways. Omaha is stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Reaction Score
Creighton doesn’t get much from their bench. Could be a good time to push the pace. We have good depth at guard with Hawk, Newt, Alleyne, Diarra and Joey C. Let’s use it in this one to apply pressure. I also like Clingan as a weapon in case Sanogo gets into foul trouble. Didn’t need him much last time since Sanogo was so good.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Creighton doesn’t get much from their bench. Could be a good time to push the pace. We have good depth at guard with Hawk, Newt, Alleyne, Diarra and Joey C. Let’s use it in this one to apply pressure. I also like Clingan as a weapon in case Sanogo gets into foul trouble. Didn’t need him much last time since Sanogo was so good.

They're also likely missing Farabello who is their 6th man. I agree mixing in some pressure is a good idea.

Reaction Score
Arthur Kaluma breakout game. He’s destined for 20/10 tonight and it’s up to Karaban to stop it from happening.

Unfortunately I see Sanogo getting into foul trouble early by the hayseed’s home whistle, so expect some Clingan on Kalkbrenner.

Regardless we can’t win here we’re doomed, why are they in the Big East anyways. Omaha is stuck in the middle of nowhere.
I expect the refs to call three travels and an offensive foul on Sanogo in the first half.

Reaction Score
Use blueprint from Marquette game.. Strong early.. Punch them in the face.. Attack rim to get starters in early foul trouble.. Never let up on D and boards.. Splash some threes. Away game-Take crowd out of game..

caw

Reaction Score

Kaluma had 14pts 16rbs in the first game and dominated the matchup with Karaban (2pts 3rbs). I think it will be a bit more even actually this game. Partially because Karaban will play better I think and...

I don't expect Sanogo (26 and 9) to dominate by as much as he did last game against Kalkbrenner (9 and 4). So I expect more shots for Kalkbrenner this game.

I also wouldn't be surprised if both Hawkins and Scheierman play better, neither shot particularly well last game. It will be interesting to see who Jackson plays on defense this game and if Creighton doubles on Sanogo, or sags in the lane with Jackson's defender.

Creighton’s still talking…

Creighton backup center Frederic King wasn't as effusive in his praise for Sanogo.

"He's just more experienced than some of us," the soft-spoken freshman said. "And that's all I've got to say."

The quote confuses me so much. Kalkbrenner is a junior also. And Clingan is a freshman off the bench who outplayed King. That said King has done well in the boxscore at times this year as a freshman when Kalkbrenner was out. Oddly hasn't helped him much off the bench.

Reaction Score
I expect the refs to call three travels and an offensive foul on Sanogo in the first half.
I expect the refs to call 5 fouls on Sanogo on the Bluejays 1st possession....doomed.

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
As we now all know: the formula on offense is Newton getting penetration. We will win if Newton has a good game. Also JH should use a few head fakes and go to the hoop early. It would be nice to have Kalk pick up two early fouls and the best way to make that happen is going to the hoop. I don’t think we should only rely on our 3 point shooting today. We have to get so easy buckets. I also agree that we need to push the pace. But last game although we won they dominated the glass. So in short rebound, guard penetration and pace.

Reaction Score
Use blueprint from Marquette game.. Strong early.. Punch them in the face.. Attack rim to get starters in early foul trouble.. Never let up on D and boards.. Splash some threes. Away game-Take crowd out of game..

Spot on.:)

Reaction Score
It’s been something like 7-8 years since we won a road game versus a ranked opponent, right?

Creighton, X, Marquette, Providence are a combined 27-0 at home in BE play this year.

I don’t care. I’ve got a feeling. 70-68 Huskies !!!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

I generally feel the same way as so eloquently stated. Whistles will be on mute for Creighton and Sanogo will get into foul trouble no matter what he does. I hope that at least the calls are somewhat reasonable and not blatantly obvious. So I start thinking like this and then I catch myself thinking just when you think there is no way your team can win….the unbelievable happens….kind of like the lottery…not expecting a miracle but if it happens let’s party if it doesn’t not too disappointed…..kind of like playing with house money…at this point.

Reaction Score
Not that Creighton needed any extra motivation today, but Xavier/Marquette/Providence all lost this week. A win for them here could go a long way in the BE regular season race

I hope we spoil that for them :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom