Credit where credit is due...... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Credit where credit is due......

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm starting to get encouraged. I only yelled out loud at the TV twice. Jalen on a 1 man fast break dribbling into 2 defenders and losing it. The other was Anderson breaking the press by dribbling in circles. Never got mad at the young guys, just the ones who should know better.

Reaction Score
Today proves that these guys at least know how to run an effective offense and play competent basketball on both ends. Granted we were playing Tulane, a not super talented team in our conference but we looked good executing. If we look bad against nova, does that mean they aren't coached well? Same offense should work against nova but can they execute against a really talented team? If they can't does that mean we aren't well coached? The coaching staff has taken a beating and well deserved but these players have to execute as well. Lets hope we are turning this around.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Im not so sure well lose the next six. Before these two games everyone was saying wed lose the next eight. I think theyre turning the corner.
Yep. I've said it here many times we hadn't yet seen the best of this team. What is their ceiling? We don't know, but it is good to see them improving and reaching their potential. I think it's silly to try and predict what will happen over the next 6 or 8 games. Let's relax and hopefully enjoy continued improvement and maybe even a pleasant surprise or two.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah we played pretty solid the last two outings.

Only can hope it continues.

Reaction Score
Time outs were called to stop runs and the defense 1-3-1 looks like it is something we are comfortable running and executing. Getting Larrier out front, using his length and getting faster players down low to grab rebounds and cover the corners. Adjustments are being made to cover our weaknesses. Now we need to get our shooting percentages up. No more Larrier fall aways. Go straight up, elevate and use the glass. Jalen work on your 3 ball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm starting to get encouraged. I only yelled out loud at the TV twice. Jalen on a 1 man fast break dribbling into 2 defenders and losing it. The other was Anderson breaking the press by dribbling in circles. Never got mad at the young guys, just the ones who should know better.

I've found this is a pretty good indicator of how well a game is being played. Though the worst is when you don't yell at all. Just pure resignation.

C

Chief00

first - we’re doomed and sure to lose the next six games.

That said - kids, and more importantly KO is really showing poise and growth. I fell into chorus of ripping KO, but I’ve noted great improvement and hope it continues.
Agreed - maybe he needed a little motivation - he is showing some positive trajectory. Chill is now more actively involved in the game coaching as well. He’s not just Blaze recruiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You didn't fall into anything. The team was playing like crap and not improving. Your criticisms, and everyone else's, were justified. He gets credit for getting this team to show improvement for the last two games. If the team starts playing like crap again, he will equally deserve criticism again. If they keep improving, he will be deserving of more credit. It is that simple.

Quite frankly, I thought I saw signs of a “turn” in the WSU and Tulsa games but we did not maintain it for 40 minutes. As always, to beat good teams, you need to take good shots and make them and keep turnovers down and rebounds up. Yep, it’s a simple game.

Reaction Score
Adams, other than a few too many turnovers, looked great. Like he should have been paying since game one. Hopefully he turned a corner.

Larrier will be next
Not if he keeps trying to dribble.

Reaction Score
I think the team is believing in themselves now but a high quality win is yet to be had.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was in an Uber today in DC.

The driver's sons are involved in the youth basketball circuit in the DMV area.

I told him I was a UConn alum and he launched into tremendous praise for Carlton.

He thinks he's going to be great.

And I do too.

Nice win.

He's a four year player, as is Whaley, and they could be really really good by their junior and senior years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom