Credit where credit is due...... | The Boneyard

Credit where credit is due......

Reaction Score
first - we’re doomed and sure to lose the next six games.

That said - kids, and more importantly KO is really showing poise and growth. I fell into chorus of ripping KO, but I’ve noted great improvement and hope it continues.

Reaction Score

That said - kids, and more importantly KO is really showing poise and growth. I fell into chorus of ripping KO, but I’ve noted great improvement and hope it continues.
Saw definite signs of improvement today. Most encouraged by play calling out of timeouts. And KO energy on the sidelines. Looked like an actual team giving effort today!

Reaction Score
Im not so sure well lose the next six. Before these two games everyone was saying wed lose the next eight. I think theyre turning the corner.

Yeah, can't get too crazy as we all know it doesn't prove either way right. But you have to like some of stuff we're seeing unless you just can't get the blinders off at all. I mean no matter how you look it Jalen is still the key, when he plays a solid overall game on both ends like today we always have a better chance form the tip. But some small pieces are showing up, but even those need to gain more consistency for this to urn around. But that small glimmer is always fun right?

Reaction Score

You didn't fall into anything. The team was playing like crap and not improving. Your criticisms, and everyone else's, were justified. He gets credit for getting this team to show improvement for the last two games. If the team starts playing like crap again, he will equally deserve criticism again. If they keep improving, he will be deserving of more credit. It is that simple.

Reaction Score
Im not so sure well lose the next six. Before these two games everyone was saying wed lose the next eight. I think theyre turning the corner.
If we do will everyone call for the poor guys head again?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You didn't fall into anything. The team was playing like crap and not improving. Your criticisms, and everyone else's, were justified. He gets credit for getting this team to show improvement for the last two games. If the team starts playing like crap again, he will equally deserve criticism again. If they keep improving, he will be deserving of more credit. It is that simple.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Adams, other than a few too many turnovers, looked great. Like he should have been paying since game one. Hopefully he turned a corner.

Larrier will be next

Reaction Score
Much recognition owed to David Onourah, leading the team with 7 boards! Also, Carlton with 10 and 6 was huge. Vital continuing to be a reliable 2nd or 3rd scorer with 13 points. Credit to the staff for having the kids ready for an early road game. Seeing KO have energy on the sidelines and showing charm and charisma after the game was beautiful to see. The rotation is forming, roles being defined.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Everyone looks focused and they have a plan and are learning to execute it.

Rotation has shortened over the past six games.

Gilbert injury and now Cobb suspension (dog house to follow) has better defined the rotation. Even Whaley had a 4-5 game stretch in Nov/Dec where he was barely used due to some dental issues. Whaley said the MSG DNP-CD lit a fire in his arse too.

Biggest difference to me over the past few games has been limiting Anderson's minutes and using Larrier at the 3 along with the combination of Carlton, Whaley and Diarra up front.

Barring injuries or foul trouble that's the rotation going forward.

Even Big Dave got in to the act today with Whaley in some foul trouble. Can't expect it ever game but 4-5 games for the year of 15 minutes and some rebounds is the most the team can expect from him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Biggest difference to me over the past few games has been limiting Anderson's minutes and using Larrier at the 3 along with the combination of Carlton, Whaley and Diarra up front.

Barring injuries or foul trouble that's the rotation going forward.
Yup. The elimination of the smallball lineup has been key.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks for being so simple

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

In one of these post-game threads someone noted it's also allowed UConn to go bigger up top on the zone with Larrier on top and Adams on the bottom of the zone. Larrier never was a good rebounder or willing to mix it up. Adams is much quicker going to loose balls and rebounds.

Reaction Score
Adams, other than a few too many turnovers, looked great. Like he should have been paying since game one. Hopefully he turned a corner.

Larrier will be next

I hope Larrier starts to gain confidence thru contact. Shying away today with some pull up 8ft's instead of driving.

Reaction Score
Yeah, especially since Anderson and Jalen aren’t 3 point shooters. Jalen getting to the rim and creating is what he can excel at. The staff seems to be finally putting guys into situations where guys can play to their strengths. I’d like to see more post up and catch and shoot sets for Larrier though,

Reaction Score
I was in an Uber today in DC.

The driver's sons are involved in the youth basketball circuit in the DMV area.

I told him I was a UConn alum and he launched into tremendous praise for Carlton.

He thinks he's going to be great.

And I do too.

Nice win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been ripping KO and the team but today they coached and played very well. Let's keep it going.

I boarded the fire ollie train in early December. However it would be better for the program long term if he figures things out and applies those learnings moving forward. Stability is good if the incumbent earns it. Especially if the coach is a school legend. Ill gladly jump off the fire ollie train if things get righted.

My minimum expectation to ask him back next year is to make the NIT and not flame out WHILE the team shows signs of development.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom