Crazy observation - not a complaint. Whazzup with Saniya's exaggerated head fakes? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crazy observation - not a complaint. Whazzup with Saniya's exaggerated head fakes?

Reaction Score
In the more general area of exaggerated head movements, has anyone noticed that when
Lou is trying to take a charge, she tries to sell it to the ref by throwing her head back on
contact. A bit overly dramatic for me, but maybe the ref buys it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the more general area of exaggerated head movements, has anyone noticed that when
Lou is trying to take a charge, she tries to sell it to the ref by throwing her head back on
contact. A bit overly dramatic for me, but maybe the ref buys it.
Lou's a big Boston Celtic fan. She got that move from watching old game films of Don Nelson draw foul after foul, which was pretty amazing considering Nelson couldn't jump and wasn't very quick.

Reaction Score
Saniya's head fakes are fine. At times though, she shuffles her feet when she does her head fake, leading to traveling calls.
Can't have happened too recently. When's the last time she had a turnover?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Seems to me that the original thread goes back to early January, so my comment was really referencing Saniya's play last season and before. I can only remember maybe one instance this season when Saniya did the exaggerated head fake and was called for traveling.

My conclusion is that Saniya has cleaned up that particular move, and of course she's playing incredibly well in this, her senior season.

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
bobble_chongA.gif

Reaction Score

On the same tack and flying under the radar is the fact that Saniya hasn't missed a ft since New Year's Day. She doesn't get to line in some games but I have her at 20 in a row.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
On the same tack and flying under the radar is the fact that Saniya hasn't missed a ft since New Year's Day. She doesn't get to line in some games but I have her at 20 in a row.
It appears that, unlike the rest of us, Saniya made a New Years Resolution and she's sticking to it....My diet lasted about 3 days. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom