Crawford | The Boneyard

Crawford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
nice job, Carl. Came up twice with a runner on both times and did nothing. Then fails to make a play that would have ended the 2nd inning and five more runs score. So tired of hearing the excuses about how Crawford was taken out of the second hole or how he was benched against David Price- blah, blah, blah. OBP under .300. He has been awful. Plain and simple.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
nice job, Carl. Came up twice with a runner on both times and did nothing. Then fails to make a play that would have ended the 2nd inning and five more runs score. So tired of hearing the excuses about how Crawford was taken out of the second hole or how he was benched against David Price- blah, blah, blah. OBP under .300. He has been awful. Plain and simple.
Fortunately you only have six more years to worry about him.

Reaction Score
Fortunately you only have six more years to worry about him.
Crawford will be fine next season. I'm more concerned about how fragile these guys seem to be.

Reaction Score

Just curious how did Papi and Gonzalez do in September?

Reaction Score
Just curious how did Papi and Gonzalez do in September?

Mau is right. Crawford has at least stood up and admitted he was awful this season. Gonzalez blames God...

Reaction Score
Mau is right. Crawford has at least stood up and admitted he was awful this season. Gonzalez blames God...

You guys are too funny. AGon and Papi finished 3/4 respectively in OPS in the AL. Crawford had a hideous .694 and stunk all year long. Btw, AGon's OPS in September was .978. Anybody that occasionally watched a Sox game in the last month couldn't help but notice that the two of them were pitched around whenever possible. But hey like sinkhole says, Crawford would have hit much better this year if they kept him in the 2-hole. LOL, maybe they should have moved Pedroia down to the 7 hole to make room for CC.

Reaction Score
You guys are too funny. AGon and Papi finished 3/4 respectively in OPS in the AL. Crawford had a hideous .694 and stunk all year long. Btw, AGon's OPS in September was .978. Anybody that occasionally watched a Sox game in the last month couldn't help but notice that the two of them were pitched around whenever possible. But hey like sinkhole says, Crawford would have hit much better this year if they kept him in the 2-hole. LOL, maybe they should have moved Pedroia down to the 7 hole to make room for CC.

Crawford was awful this year, no two ways about it. My point was simply that he was man enough to stand up and take responsibility for his poor performance. Gonzalez chooses to blame ESPN and higher powers for his/the teams struggles.

Reaction Score
Crawford was awful this year, no two ways about it. My point was simply that he was man enough to stand up and take responsibility for his poor performance. Gonzalez chooses to blame ESPN and higher powers for his/the teams struggles.

Gonzalez said it was God's will. I don't take that as blaming God. The other night Crawford was being grilled by the media and he copped an attitude after one particular question and said "go ask the captain". He also did a lot of complaining about where he batted in the order. That takes some nerve when you consider his production. I am not that interested in who is contrite and who isn't, all I know is he stunk the joint out. When you have an OBP below .300 that is horrible.

Reaction Score
Gonzalez said it was God's will. I don't take that as blaming God. The other night Crawford was being grilled by the media and he copped an attitude after one particular question and said "go ask the captain". He also did a lot of complaining about where he batted in the order. That takes some nerve when you consider his production. I am not that interested in who is contrite and who isn't, all I know is he stunk the joint out. When you have an OBP below .300 that is horrible.

Gonzo hit .183 or something vs the Yanks, Rays and Tigers - glad he's yours. I know he had 80 plus rbi going into the All Star game how did he do after that?? How did he do in September for the Padres??? C'mon bpo hammering on Crawford is lame - bad year sure he did - again how was Papi in Septmember when you need to win just one or 2 more games?? Gonzo was worried about all the night games because he's playing for a team that plays in the national spotlight?? Wow AG go back to the Padres and hit .340 and see who gives a rats ass!!

Reaction Score
Gonzo hit .183 or something vs the Yanks, Rays and Tigers - glad he's yours. I know he had 80 plus rbi going into the All Star game how did he do after that?? How did he do in September for the Padres??? C'mon bpo hammering on Crawford is lame - bad year sure he did - again how was Papi in Septmember when you need to win just one or 2 more games?? Gonzo was worried about all the night games because he's playing for a team that plays in the national spotlight?? Wow AG go back to the Padres and hit .340 and see who gives a rats ass!!

Mau, I gave you the stats but you ignore them. You want to defend Crawford and knock AGon, uh ok? Not sure what else to say. You're not making much sense.

Reaction Score
Mau, I gave you the stats but you ignore them. You want to defend Crawford and knock AGon, uh ok? Not sure what else to say. You're not making much sense.

bpo not making much sense to who - you? No kidding huh.........guess it's pretty tough to figure out you guys lost it in September huh? Did Gonzo have 30 rbi after the all-star break............yeah Crawford wasn't good but to deny how bad everyone else was in September is only typical oif you and many other Sawks fans. Funny stuff and I enjoy it!!

Oh and by the way I'm not ignoring anything because I don't give a rats a**.

Reaction Score
The Rays got Tito fired. Maddon and crew owning them on the field for the Longoria-Price era and not getting anything out of CC while batting him everywhere in the lineup but second.

Reaction Score
The Rays got Tito fired. Maddon and crew owning them on the field for the Longoria-Price era and not getting anything out of CC while batting him everywhere in the lineup but second.

Yeah it's Tito's fault that CC stunk this year. Brilliant. Not sure I'd be referring to the Price era given how he spit the bit down the stretch. That performance the other night was hideous.

Reaction Score
Not
bpo not making much sense to who - you? No kidding huh.........guess it's pretty tough to figure out you guys lost it in September huh? Did Gonzo have 30 rbi after the all-star break............yeah Crawford wasn't good but to deny how bad everyone else was in September is only typical oif you and many other Sawks fans. Funny stuff and I enjoy it!!

Oh and by the way I'm not ignoring anything because I don't give a rats a**.

Not hard for me to figure out Mau and everybody had a hand in it. But nobody, other than maybe Lackey, had a bigger hand in it than Crawford. Blaming a guy that finished third in the AL in OPS and had a .978 OPS in September seems kinda dumb to me.

Reaction Score
If your going out to for a nice dinner you don't have the shrimp cocktail and lump crab for dessert.

You would would know a hideous pitching performance when you see one after watching the Sox over the past couple months.

Reaction Score
If your going out to for a nice dinner you don't have the shrimp cocktail and lump crab for dessert.

You would would know a hideous pitching performance when you see one after watching the Sox over the past couple months.

That's true. I thought I was watching a left handed version of John Lackey. Hey sink, little trivia for you. Which AL outfielder finished 25th out of 27 full time qualified AL OFers in OBP? I'll give you a hint. He had a .289 OBP and struck out 104 times with just 23 walks. The amazing thing to me is why his current team would sign him given his ridiculously bad approach at the plate, which runs completely counter to their professed style of play.

Reaction Score
Not

Not hard for me to figure out Mau and everybody had a hand in it. But nobody, other than maybe Lackey, had a bigger hand in it than Crawford. Blaming a guy that finished third in the AL in OPS and had a .978 OPS in September seems kinda dumb to me.

Again good news is I could care less. And they were 9 games up with a month to go with Crawford playing crappy weren't they? Who stepped up after that - simple point and anything else would seem dumb to me. But what would I know about whining my teams still playing?

Reaction Score
For Gonzalez to come out after that September collapse and say “I’m a firm believer that God has a plan,” Gonzalez said the other night, “and it wasn’t in His plan for us to move forward.” is a straight up cop out.

I'd have more respect for him if he had said "No speaka ingles".

The next time I screw something up at work, lose a big account to a competitor, I'm going to shrug and tell my boss it was God's Will. I'll let you know how that works out.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A bit ironic that Beltre and VMart are still playing. I still don't understand why VMart had to go. He ended up signing a very affordable contract.

Reaction Score
For Gonzalez to come out after that September collapse and say “I’m a firm believer that God has a plan,” Gonzalez said the other night, “and it wasn’t in His plan for us to move forward.” is a straight up cop out.

I'd have more respect for him if he had said "No speaka ingles".

The next time I screw something up at work, lose a big account to a competitor, I'm going to shrug and tell my boss it was God's Will. I'll let you know how that works out.

That's what Freddie said when he got Madoffed. Must have been God's will.

Reaction Score
A bit ironic that Beltre and VMart are still playing. I still don't understand why VMart had to go. He ended up signing a very affordable contract.
What IS weird is that Beltre basically matched his offensive output from 2010, and he did it in 30 less games. I don't think anyone on earth expected that. Now, granted, he absolutely raked at home in a very hitter friendly park, but still.

Reaction Score

I can't believe people are criticizing AGon who by most standards had an excellent year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom