Craig Smoak | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Craig Smoak

Reaction Score
If we had more fried food, illiteracy and teen pregnancy they would take us more seriously.
I've a question. What's the difference percentage wise between Connecticut and there on just one of those metrics?

Reaction Score
So... you are suggesting deep fried lobster roll? I like the way you think!
Smoked Barbecue lobster slow cooked with a side fried pickles, cornbread and a Crown chaser.

Reaction Score
I've a question. What's the difference percentage wise between Connecticut and there on just one of those metrics?

A lot/A little

0425FFC6-2EDB-453D-A8D0-9BB8B8D5BE63.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn is the state flagship of a small state in New England. I don't know how people in the south or west view New England but I'm sure it includes foliage, Ivy, and prep schools. West Point is one of the greatest places to watch a football game but Army is never mentioned. It's just a perception thing. No one outside the northeast cares about SU or BCU either. I'll bet part of the problem is they figure what, let a New England program in they start kicking our arses too? No way.

UConn is good in basketball which they don't want because they won't be able to beat us. UConn hasn't been good in football which they don't want because they don't think we bring value. I am confident though that the decision makers know each other very well and don't read all the bovine-scatology out there.
The final place I worked at was a small privately owned tech company that made batteries for the space, military and some consumer applications located in CT and RI. It was bought by a much larger competitor headquartered in southwest MO and had several manufacturing facilities in MO, AK, OK and KS. At the introductory meeting held at the CT location, our new president began with
"I want everybody here to understand that the curtain of intelligence doesn't just suddenly drop at the border of Missouri..."

Reaction Score
So this discussion is helpful exactly how? Other than to confirm suspicions on the part of B12 fans who might read this board?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So this discussion is helpful exactly how? Other than to confirm suspicions on the part of B12 fans who might read this board?
I am, apparently, blocked by the other side of this conversation. Who is it?

Reaction Score
So, I'll use Alabama. The difference is 15.8 percent. That's means 84.2 percent of y'all have something in common. Stay positive, find common ground and have a good day.

The final place I worked at was a small privately owned tech company that made batteries for the space, military and some consumer applications located in CT and RI. It was bought by a much larger competitor headquartered in southwest MO and had several manufacturing facilities in MO, AK, OK and KS. At the introductory meeting held at the CT location, our new president began with
"I want everybody here to understand that the curtain of intelligence doesn't just suddenly drop at the border of Missouri..."

There are definitely a few islands of intelligence and sanity in the region.

Reaction Score
So, I'll use Alabama. The difference is 15.8 percent. That's means 84.2 percent of y'all have something in common. Stay positive, find common ground and have a good day.

15.8 percent is pretty shocking if you think about it.

Reaction Score
15.8 percent is pretty shocking if you think about it.
Ok, and? 84.2 percent is vastly more. I guess I don't actually know which category you fall in and I don't really care. My point is, we probably all have more in common than we initially think. Give em a reason to like you. I'm sure they have as many preconceived notions of what "everybody up north" is like as northerners have of what "everybody down south" is like.

Reaction Score
Ok, and? 84.2 percent is vastly more. I guess I don't actually know which category you fall in and I don't really care. My point is, we probably all have more in common than we initially think. Give em a reason to like you. I'm sure they have as many preconceived notions of what "everybody up north" is like as northerners have of what "everybody down south" is like.
Exactly. Thinking that this discussion originated with NBE lovers. Some of the bigotry exhibited on this thread amazes me.

Reaction Score
There are definitely a few islands of intelligence and sanity in the region.
100%. Some that came here for the tech transfer were appreciative of the candor they experienced; others thought it was insubordinate. Enjoyed traveling the area, loved the history. Many noted a heavy use of the word that begins with the letter that comes after e. Very diverse here compared to back home...

Reaction Score
100%. Some that came here for the tech transfer were appreciative of the candor they experienced; others thought it was insubordinate. Enjoyed traveling the area, loved the history. Many noted a heavy use of the word that begins with the letter that comes after e. Very diverse here compared to back home...
Those that traveled from here to that part of the country in return, learned and appreciated what they experienced too. Different is not bad, it's just not the same.

Reaction Score

I mean it’s not like traveling to a foreign country like going to West Coast is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom