Cox Cable Alert! Game Blacked Out in CT! | The Boneyard

Cox Cable Alert! Game Blacked Out in CT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I went to DVR the Buffalo game on Thursday and was surprised to see "Blackout" where the game should be. This was before the Mets rainout.

I just got off the phone with Cox Customer Service. She said the game was blacked out and told me to call SNY. I said that Cox should call SNY and she responded that Cox is not the one's blacking out the game. I replied that yes they are, SNY has released the game. I said this is a horrible mistake and your switchboard will be flooded at 6:01 so let's try to address this now. She said she would try again with her "programming issue form." We'll see.

Just a head's up. I hope this was all about nothing, but if you have Cox in CT be prepared to mobilize.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
From SNY's web site:

All SNY program descriptions »

Time (ET)ShowDescription
6:00 AM Geico SportsNite Sports news and highlights.
6:30 AM Geico SportsNite Sports news and highlights.
7:00 AM Geico SportsNite Sports news and highlights.
7:30 AM Geico SportsNite Sports news and highlights.
8:00 AM Untamed: PITT Panthers 1101 Untamed: PITT Panthers
8:30 AM USF Football - Skip Holtz TV Show 1104 Weekly conversation with the head coach of USF Football, Skip Holtz
9:00 AM Paid Paid Programming
9:30 AM Paid Paid Programming
10:00 AM Paid Paid Programming
10:30 AM Sky Ball League 114 The Youngstown Ballers and the Austin Starz do battle in the second semi-finals game. Battling for the second spot in the SKY BALL tournament of Champions Championship game. Hosted By Brian Dunkleman.
11:00 AM Kids Clubhouse 1106 Magazine
11:30 AM Big East Football Pre Game Big East Football Pre Game
12:00 PM Big East Football Game of the Week Big East Football Game of the Week
3:30 PM Big East Football Post Game Big East Football Post Game
4:00 PM Lincoln Post Game Live Mets Post Game Live
4:30 PM Beer Money 1026 Fast paced trivia show testing fans knowledge on New York sports
5:00 PM Jets Game Plan 1103 With the help of analysts, coaches, and players, Jets Game Plan will give a breakdown of the past week's game and a comprehensive look ahead at this week's upcoming matchup.
5:30 PM UCONN Football Pre Game UCONN Football Pre Game
6:00 PM Big East Football Big East Football
9:00 PM UCONN Football Post Game UCONN Football Post Game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
5:30 PM UCONN Football Pre Game UCONN Football Pre Game
6:00 PM Big East Football Big East Football
9:00 PM UCONN Football Post Game UCONN Football Post Game

Tell that to COX, Nan. They sent me a link that has the game missing.

Reaction Score
I got home from work at 4 P.M. & the Meriden-Southington-Cheshire Cox franchise said BLACKOUT for 5: 30 on. It's now 5:19 & it still does.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if the Game is on in Rhode Island as Cox Ct. customer service lines are directed to their hub in Rhody.

Reaction Score
Just checked. Even though it says BLACKOUT on the guide channel the pregame show is on. Looks good for the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tell that to COX, Nan. They sent me a link that has the game missing.

I also have Cox. Right now the program guide says Blackout but the pregame show is on. Give it a try.

Dez Connor is going to be on in a couple minutes.

Reaction Score
Do you really trust everything that guide says? Just by seeing Blackout you chose to call customer service rather then saying "hey, i wonder if its just a mistake let's just give it a try before I go bonkers and start posting on a message board."

Reaction Score
Do you really trust everything that guide says? Just by seeing Blackout you chose to call customer service rather then saying "hey, i wonder if its just a mistake let's just give it a try before I go bonkers and start posting on a message board."
It wasn't a mistake. Fairfield County got hosed due to the Mets game. The rain delay from the previous day caused a double header on Saturday. They were right to go "bonkers".

Reaction Score
If you lived outside of the Fairfield DMA it was a mistake. I live in a Cox area, my guide said BLACKOUT, I selected tge channel and watched the pregame and the game. So in my situation and being a Cox customer, how was it not a mistake that the guide had incorrect information?

Reaction Score
It was a mistake....for you...not for others. I'm just saying that you can't make pronouncements on how others react...like "bonkers" if you don't know their particular situation. For some..it was perfectly reasonable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Hey, I called Cox about the "Blackout" and she said she would look into it. She called me back (get that, the cable company actually called me back) and told me the game would NOT be shown. That's when I went bonkers. I told her that it was a horrible mistake and needed to be changed. I choose to believe if I didn't make a stink the game wouldn't have been shown on time.

Bottom line, I was PROactive. I didn't sit back and wait to complain after the fact. I got involved. Maybe if you did the same in your life you could make it up to actual DARREN status instead of where you are now.

Reaction Score
Hey, I called Cox about the "Blackout" and she said she would look into it. She called me back (get that, the cable company actually called me back) and told me the game would NOT be shown. That's when I went bonkers. I told her that it was a horrible mistake and needed to be changed. I choose to believe if I didn't make a stink the game wouldn't have been shown on time.

Bottom line, I was PROactive. I didn't sit back and wait to complain after the fact. I got involved. Maybe if you did the same in your life you could make it up to actual DARREN status instead of where you are now.

No one will ever make it to Darren status. God rest his soul.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
No one will ever make it to Darren status. God rest his soul.

Correct me if im wrong, but ive always thought that minidarren was in honor of the cheerleader Darren. If that is indeed the case, I was sad to see your post saying "God rest his soul". If indeed you are talking about the cheerleader Darren; did he pass away?

Reaction Score
Correct me if im wrong, but ive always thought that minidarren was in honor of the cheerleader Darren. If that is indeed the case, I was sad to see your post saying "God rest his soul". If indeed you are talking about the cheerleader Darren; did he pass away?

No its not about the cheerleader Darren. Don't want people freaking out. Its actually about a short drunk guy that we met at UConn football games about 5 years ago who has seemed to fall off the face of the earth. Every home game we hope to see him again, but he fails us each and every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom