Courtney Ekmark | The Boneyard

Courtney Ekmark

Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark scored 18 points and No. 20 Arizona State used a run at the start of the fourth quarter to pull away from Colorado and win 66-49 on Thursday in the opening round of the Pac-12 Tournament.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark scored 18 points and No. 20 Arizona State used a run at the start of the fourth quarter to pull away from Colorado and win 66-49 on Thursday in the opening round of the Pac-12 Tournament.
I'm happy for her. I rooted for her to catch on here. I'm glad she's found a place that is a good fit for her.

Reaction Score
Arizona St must be exempt from the fact just this week and it is seen above that Nan in no mincing words stated.... BONEYARD = UCONN BOARD ... ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Arizona St must be exempt from the fact just this week and it is seen above that Nan in no mincing words stated.... BONEYARD = UCONN BOARD ... ;)
No mincing here:

Reaction Score
Courtney went a long way to ensuring the Sun Devils win yesterday. She was 6 for 12 from the 3-point line and hit a number of clutch shots when Colorado closed the lead to three points in the third quarter. She also had seven rebounds and three assists played a tremendous game. Of course Colorado is as depleted as the University of Washington. Even on one leg Robinson and Kennedy were pretty amazing for Colorado. So pleased to see Courtney have an amazing game. Depending on placement this could be ASU's last victory of the year. As I said in another thread UCLA is playing really well. Then depending on our seeding we may have a tough first round game. That said Courtney epitomizes the spirit character and talent that we see on a regular basis in women's basketball. I had to laugh at a previous poster my high school has the same type of motto.

Once a charger always a charger.

I suspect Courtney will always have a similar feeling about the University of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Courtney went a long way to ensuring the Sun Devils win yesterday. She was 6 for 12 from the 3-point line and hit a number of clutch shots when Colorado closed the lead to three points in the third quarter. She also had seven rebounds and three assists played a tremendous game. Of course Colorado is as depleted as the University of Washington. Even on one leg Robinson and Kennedy were pretty amazing for Colorado. So pleased to see Courtney have an amazing game. Depending on placement this could be ASU's last victory of the year. As I said in another thread UCLA is playing really well. Then depending on our seeding we may have a tough first round game. That said Courtney epitomizes the spirit character and talent that we see on a regular basis in women's basketball. I had to laugh at a previous poster my high school has the same type of motto.

Once a charger always a charger.

I suspect Courtney will always have a similar feeling about the University of Connecticut.
Prior to joining UConn Courtney took a year off to prepare for the endurance and level of play of Uconn. She played on a boys program if memory does not fail. Her commitment to Uconn was impressive. Her injuries and failing 3 ball shot reduced her chance of playing. Geno helped with the transfer.

Reaction Score
Ekmark's play as a senior makes me optimistic about both Bent and Irwin, both of whom I believe are better players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ekmark's play as a senior makes me optimistic about both Bent and Irwin, both of whom I believe are better players.
Courtney has had a nice season. I like her, but she's no more athletic than she was at UConn, and, for an alleged sharpshooter, a shooting line of .357/.330/.746 is rather pedestrian.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Prior to joining UConn Courtney took a year off to prepare for the endurance and level of play of Uconn. She played on a boys program if memory does not fail. Her commitment to Uconn was impressive. Her injuries and failing 3 ball shot reduced her chance of playing. Geno helped with the transfer.
I have heard from good sources that Geno would have preferred for Courtney to stay in high school. He thought she did not develop much that year off.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Courtney busted her butt to be a Husky and contribute, as have so many other young women who, for one reason or another, didn't quite make it. AEH is another story entirely. We don't know know exactly what that story is, but we do know that it was entirely other. Courtney earned her right to be followed o the boneyard.

Reaction Score
I have heard from good sources that Geno would have preferred for Courtney to stay in high school. He thought she did not develop much that year off.
I actually read those exact words as Courtney announce she was taking that year off. As it turns out it may have hampered her development, who knows. I cheered loudly as she threw up a three in clean up time, too often they bounced off the rim. She did herself well by going home.

Reaction Score
Courtney busted her butt to be a Husky and contribute, as have so many other young women who, for one reason or another, didn't quite make it. AEH is another story entirely. We don't know know exactly what that story is, but we do know that it was entirely other. Courtney earned her right to be followed o the boneyard.
The AEH story is better let alone; we'll never ever know the whole and true story. Speculation may damage 2 people BY fans care about.

Reaction Score
Courtney's high school had a very successful program the three years she played. Her father was the coach. Courtney was home schooled her senior year. Her father also left as coach the same year. The team graduated 5 seniors in Courtney's last year. The team won just 5 or 6 games the next year. I heard Courtney worked with a private trainer her home schooled year and played AAU ball.

I think that off year along with a nagging stress reaction her freshman caused her to lose too much team training. It is very very hard to keep up with your teammates if you lose that kind of time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Courtney's high school had a very successful program the three years she played. Her father was the coach. Courtney was home schooled her senior year. Her father also left as coach the same year. The team graduated 5 seniors in Courtney's last year. The team won just 5 or 6 games the next year. I heard Courtney worked with a private trainer her home schooled year and played AAU ball.

I think that off year along with a nagging stress reaction her freshman caused her to lose too much team training. It is very very hard to keep up with your teammates if you lose that kind of time.
The down side was that St. Mary's was losing a lot of talent from one of the top teams in the nation. Maybe that influenced Courtney's decision. She may not have wanted a rebuilding year.

Courtney may have been home-schooled that year, but she didn't need much. She would have been valedictorian if she had stayed. I'm not sure if enrolling in UConn a year early was possible, but I thought it was worth exploring. She must have been close to qualifying for graduation by the end of her junior year. She was a Molly bent-type of student, meaning 4.0 GPA or higher.

Courtney's stat line from today's loss:

9 points on 4-8 shooting
0 rebounds
0 assists
0 blocks
1 steal
2 turnovers
4 fouls

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors