Court stormings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Court stormings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Seriously, this shouldn't be hard. There's actually some people blaming Filipowski when he of course did nothing wrong. Just hold back the students at least until the players are off the court.

I hope there isn't an overreaction. Don't ban it, just do it right and it should be a simple fix. It's great for the promotion of the sport and college hoops already doesn't do enough to promote the sport. These buildings are all full of security and ushers. Use them as a barrier and take the 10-15 seconds to get the players off the court.

Reaction Score
If you want to make the case against court stormings, Duke's big man spraining his ankle is not it. The possibility of a serious injury or a fight breaking out might get me to ban it, but Scheyer whining about it after he designed a play for his seven footer to be as far away from the tunnel as possible - with zero shot of winning the game - is just music to my ears. These things by definition are never neat and orderly, so if you have to wait until 20 minutes after the buzzer to do it, you might as well not.

Reaction Score
If Vegas had given odds on which program would end up getting court storming banned I think Duke woulda been the favorite. How much ya wanna bet filipowski doesn’t miss any time with his “sprained ankle”? If I’m proven wrong I’ll happily own up to it.

Reaction Score
Those of you saying he didn’t try too hard to get off are living in your own world. He would have had to be the Flash to get away from that.
Yeah but, players including home team, should be running football style to the exit though.

Reaction Score
I don't hate the stormings for other fans but UConn should expect higher standards and not rush the court for any victory except maybe a conference or National Championship. Act like you were there before and we have.

Although I hate Duke, they did nothing wrong in this situation.

This reminds me of the Baltimore Colt linebacker Mike Curtis tackling a fan. When someone said that he should not have tackled the fan, Curtis responded that "the fan should not have been there on the field". This is how I feel about fans on the court while the opposing players are still on the court.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This can’t be allowed to happen.

Reaction Score
Wow. He took a shot right in the knee. Hope he's OK, but if its a serious injury, I can see lawsuits flying all over the place!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Looks like he hurt himself going to trip the kid.

Yeah but, players including home team, should be running football style to the exit though.

Like he wouldn’t risk getting hurt doing that. And if they run over and hurt a stormer, what then? Who gets sued? Imagine if this happened to DC? We would invade the campus of the guilty party.

Reaction Score
I like the WF fans bragging about "fastest court storm they've ever seen" while not acknowledging the fans were on the court before the buzzer.

Reaction Score
If you want to make the case against court stormings, Duke's big man spraining his ankle is not it. The possibility of a serious injury or a fight breaking out might get me to ban it, but Scheyer whining about it after he designed a play for his seven footer to be as far away from the tunnel as possible - with zero shot of winning the game - is just music to my ears. These things by definition are never neat and orderly, so if you have to wait until 20 minutes after the buzzer to do it, you might as well not.
Terrible take

Reaction Score
Such an avoidable situation people just gotta watch where they’re going. We have all been in crowds how many of us have gotten hurt, that includes mosh pits at concerts. Poor job by security btw.

Reaction Score
it's going to come to the point where schools are going to need to be threatened with post season forfeiture and fines to keep their fans in check.

Reaction Score
aConference should fine wake $250k maybe next time they will have sufficient security ... but still Duke sucks

That will get their attention. 250 is pocket change.

Also, demand that Wake expell the student that injured Filipowski.

That will get the students’ attention

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is the time when people start slowing things frame by frame to make the player out to be the bad guy/girl.

I swear people are getting dumber.
He puts his arms out to keep the guy from running into him. He saw it coming. With Caitlin Clark I’ll admit she seemed to be looking off in the distance and could have avoided the collision if she’d been paying attention.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not clear that the idiot intended to run into Filipowski who was not stationary, but that’s beside the point. Court stormings are a crappy tradition and UConn isn’t immune. Players and anyone else in the mob scene is open to injury. There are ways to stop it that shouldn’t wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom