Court at Gampel to be replaced at end of season | The Boneyard

Court at Gampel to be replaced at end of season

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I really, really hope that UConn doesn't get "creative" with the art work on the floor. There is one floor in particular that looks like a brown forest that I find really detracts from the game. Can't remember whose it is (PAC 10?).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I really, really hope that UConn doesn't get "creative" with the art work on the floor. There is one floor in particular that looks like a brown forest that I find really detracts from the game. Can't remember whose it is (PAC 10?).

Reaction Score
University of Oregon, in Eugene. I hate watching a game on that court. Must be just as bad in person. Many years ago, they built a magnificent track around their football field, I guess to feature the great Steve Prefontaine. How the same school could create such an indoor abomination is beyond me.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Don't take any money from Nike towards the court or it will probably end up all black and grey. :(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't take any money from Nike towards the court or it will probably end up all black and grey. :(
Me seeing that Biff had posted in this thread and then realizing it wasn’t a hypothetical court design.

rock band lol GIF by Universal Music Australia

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sell squares of the court and pay for the new one
An excellent idea. There should be enough fans of the women's and men's teams to buy all of the squares of the floor. A once in a lifetime souvenir that cannot be duplicated.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My dubious thanks for sharing. Like others, I don't like Oregon. Most of the rest I didn't know about (thank goodness).

DePaul's I always thought was interesting, as are a few others. Most of those pictures, yuck.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I give it about 10 minutes before someone speculates that the age of the floor is causing all the injuries. :p
I was gonna say......ah, maybe that explains things. :cool:

Reaction Score
Oregon Ducks

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
University of Oregon, in Eugene. I hate watching a game on that court. Must be just as bad in person. Many years ago, they built a magnificent track around their football field, I guess to feature the great Steve Prefontaine. How the same school could create such an indoor abomination is beyond me.
It is distracting to watch as a viewer; I can only imagine what opposing players must feel when they have to play on that floor. Or, maybe it's different when you're actually at floor level.

Reaction Score
An excellent idea. There should be enough fans of the women's and men's teams to buy all of the squares of the floor. A once in a lifetime souvenir that cannot be duplicated.
Would recommend encasing the squares in a clear plastic cube (2”x 2” or so) so they have the appearance of “floating” and they can be viewed from all angles. Include some engraving or stenciling near the bottom detailing what it is and you have a nice paperweight to display. It won’t get lost or mistakenly thrown away as easily when it has a purpose and you can probably charge at least five times more than you could for a plain piece of wood upping the donation dollars to pay for the floor or give to charity.

Reaction Score
Would recommend encasing the squares in a clear plastic cube (2”x 2” or so) so they have the appearance of “floating” and they can be viewed from all angles. Include some engraving or stenciling near the bottom detailing what it is and you have a nice paperweight to display. It won’t get lost or mistakenly thrown away as easily when it has a purpose and you can probably charge at least five times more than you could for a plain piece of wood upping the donation dollars to pay for the floor or give to charity.
Can I just get a couple of splinters in a clear cup...for like $2?

Reaction Score
The splinters are reserved to make toothpicks! For a buck, you can pick your teeth with a piece of wood that has been stepped on repeatedly by some of the most legendary players in UConn history!:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom