Courant reporters answer all of your questions about the upcoming season | The Boneyard

Courant reporters answer all of your questions about the upcoming season

Reaction Score
Men's team from Dom Amore and women's team from Alexa Philippou. Mike Anthony also answers some questions.

Question
Thu, Oct 29 (10:30 am)
Who do you think will be the starters on the men's team?

Answer
Wed, Nov 11 (12:02 pm)
As far as the starting lineup, Hurley has said the two names that jump out at him as locks are James Bouknight and Isaiah Whaley. I would consider R.J. Cole at point guard a lock, also. After that, it will largely depend on whether he wants to use a big or small lineup against certain teams. I would consider Jalen Gaffney likely to join Cole in the backcourt. So pencil in Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Whaley and Josh Carlton for a “big lineup,” and Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Tyrese Martin and Whaley at the five for a “small lineup.” Martin could push someone out. I would look for freshman Andre Jackson to get more minute
s as the season goes on, maybe start later on.

Outline.com didn't work for this article.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder about some of our fans. Has this guy been under a rock for the last 30 years? John Shea played before there was a 3 point line and averaged 2.2 ppg in his career. Yup, that's the guy I would have mentioned. :rolleyes:

Question
Thu, Oct 29 (5:52 pm)
UConn hasn't had a 3 point sharpshooter since John Shea. Anyone filling that role this year?

Answer
Wed, Nov 11 (12:14 pm)
Well, Niels Giffey was pretty good back in the championship year. … Tyler Polley is the best 3-point shooter they have this year, and he’s pretty good. Now he is healthy and will be able to focus almost exclusively on that part of his game. Brendan Adams came in with a good track record from behind the arc but has not yet lived up to it. Hurley has expressed confidence he will get better when he comes off the bench.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder about some of our fans. Has this guy been under a rock for the last 30 years? John Shea played before there was a 3 point line and averaged 2.2 ppg in his career. Yup, that's the guy I would have mentioned. :rolleyes:

Question
UConn hasn't had a 3 point sharpshooter since John Shea. Anyone filling that role this year?

Answer
Well, Niels Giffey was pretty good back in the championship year. … Tyler Polley is the best 3-point shooter they have this year, and he’s pretty good. Now he is healthy and will be able to focus almost exclusively on that part of his game. Brendan Adams came in with a good track record from behind the arc but has not yet lived up to it. Hurley has expressed confidence he will get better when he comes off the bench.
What kind of answer is that. The greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history went to UConn. Then there's so many others that to mention Giffey and Polley is embarrassing.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Question

Answer
Clearly he forgot about a guy named Ray.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I'd consider anyone over 40% from three to be a knockdown shooter and we've had plenty of those.

Reaction Score
The NCAA didn't even use the 3 pointer in the tournament while John Shea was in school. Even in 1990, teams took 3 a game PER TEAM. John Shea is a bit before my time. Did he even take 3s?

Reaction Score
The NCAA didn't even use the 3 pointer in the tournament while John Shea was in school. Even in 1990, teams took 3 a game PER TEAM. John Shea is a bit before my time. Did he even take 3s?
There was no three point line in college when he played at UConn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think the Shea question was an obvious troll or wink of the eye from the reader. Don't mind the Courant taking a silly question and turning it towards a legit discussion of shooting. there are ways to get creative with editing to remove the stupid parts and leave the meat and potatoes.

Reaction Score
If you click Reader View on a Courant article, it goes right around the paywall.
Fishy, I love you. I never have that issue with Courant articles if I open through Twitter but I do for ctinsider. That worked like a GD charm.

Reaction Score
It would make more sense for the Courant reporters to submit their questions about the 2020-21 Huskies to the Boneyard. Our answers would be more accurate and informative.

Reaction Score
What kind of answer is that. The greatest 3 point shooter in NBA history went to UConn. Then there's so many others that to mention Giffey and Polley is embarrassing.
Polley has a better career 3 pt % than most.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fishy, I love you. I never have that issue with Courant articles if I open through Twitter but I do for ctinsider. That worked like a GD charm.

It’s literally the worst paywall in the entire universe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom