Courant Couldn't Care Less | The Boneyard

Courant Couldn't Care Less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Springfield College hosts top 10 boy's bball each year. Right now, its No. 1 nationally (Pointeverde) vs. No. 2 (Findley Prep), but not a word about it in the "nation's oldest continuously published newspaper".

I've written them complaining in past years - no reaction, no response, no change

Reaction Score
Amore is in NY covering our two newest recruits and will be posting soon

Reaction Score
Springfield has its own paper that can cover it. There's a pretty big UConn event tonight, with the UConn athletic department, local sponsors and tv ratings hawks probably preferring that the state's primary paper not drive entertainment dollars into Massachusetts.

Granted, pro sports are all out of state, but that's different than high schools.

Reaction Score
Dez is too busy breaking the Delone to the Giants story...................

Reaction Score
Springfield has its own paper that can cover it. There's a pretty big UConn event tonight, with the UConn athletic department, local sponsors and tv ratings hawks probably preferring that the state's primary paper not drive entertainment dollars into Massachusetts.

Granted, pro sports are all out of state, but that's different than high schools.

not many uconn recruits there. more for rival and scout to cover

Reaction Score
And they wonder why no one buys it. It's not like it's Springfield, IL.

Do people not buy the Courant because it doesnt prominently feature high school basketball tournaments in a neighboring state? I consider myself a reasonably avid sports fan and I could not conceivably care less if high school sports get covered in the paper.

Reaction Score
Lol, the main reason why I mostly don't pay attention to the sports sections of the CT papers is because too much coverage is devoted to HS sports that I don't care about. As its been pointed out, Amore is in nyc watching Facey and Samuels, I'd much rather read about that since those are UConn guys.

Reaction Score
Sports pages years ago learned that if they put 50 high school kids names in the paper, they'd sell 200 more papers, because every family would buy four of them. Same principle doesn't work for college kids - many are from out of state, and the parents don't go gaga over every blurb any more at that age (if they were good enough to play in college, they probably got plenty of blurbs in high school).

So that's why you'll always get to read a couple lines about the RHAM-Coventry game, at least as long as they print newspapers.

Reaction Score
My son was at a couple games with HS teammates.........said Simeon may beat Agawam 120-25........lol..........always some good basketball at SC for this...........

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Do people not buy the Courant because it doesnt prominently feature high school basketball tournaments in a neighboring state? I consider myself a reasonably avid sports fan and I could not conceivably care less if high school sports get covered in the paper.

Don't want to startle you, but you the kids playing in Springfield tonite you'll be seeing next year ar Duke and Kentucky.

Reaction Score
My son was at a couple games with HS teammates.........said Simeon may beat Agawam 120-25........lol..........always some good basketball at SC for this...........
Why is Simeon traveling 1000 miles to play freaking Agawam? You have to be kidding.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Dez is too busy breaking the Delone to the Giants story...................
Still bitter? I know I am. That was a happy day...for a while.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
And they wonder why no one buys it. It's not like it's Springfield, IL.
And I didn't make my point very well. I don't expect Courant or Amore to actually cover an out of state boy's tourney; I'm just looking for the paper to mention that such a high level event will occurr which happens to be only 25 miles or less from many of us.

Reaction Score
Why is Simeon traveling 1000 miles to play freaking Agawam? You have to be kidding.

C'mon Hooper it was an "if they played" sort of comment.........teams don't even want to travel from Westside to play Agawam LOL.......... 1-10 this year!!! Winning is not part of the "fun" of Agawam sports!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom