Courant article on Jalen Gaffney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courant article on Jalen Gaffney

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Another article on Gaffney. Not sure if this one was posted or not last week.

Put me in the camp that’s excited about Gaffney. I watched tape of two and one half games he played his senior season. It’s a small sample but I find watching real games a lot more informative than highlight films.

This kid has the heart of CV but is more talented. He’s not outstanding in any skill but he demonstrated no weaknesses against high school competition. To be elite he’ll need to improve his 3 pt shooting and his handle. But even without those improvements his game is developed and well rounded.

I only observed about two minutes that he didn’t give 100%. Unlike JA, JG can score whether or not he’s running point.

He was the “ captain” of his team in that they looked up and respected him. But you could see he reciprocated and wanted others to be involved.

Obviously freshmen need time to adjust to the elevated competition and playing against stronger older players. Obviously he needs to learn a new coaches system and how his new teammates play. With that said I’d be extremely surprised if this kid did not provide major contributions this season.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We need to tone down the expectations for freshmen. Kemba, Bazz and even Ray didn't exactly light the world on fire their freshmen seasons. We'll see potential but it will be the returning players who win and lose games.
Yep. Not going to do it, but fully agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom