Coupla Huskies at the WFMall ... | The Boneyard

Coupla Huskies at the WFMall ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I was strolling around West Farms Mall this afternoon ....Shabazz Napier walked right by me and I felt fortunate to have been sitting in the right place at the right time. About 15 minutes later ...Breanna and Morgan walked by . I got up and started to follow them . Heard one girl who spotted them exclaim to her mom ..."Look Mom ....it's Bria Hartley !! " LOL . But when they stopped to look at the 'directory' ... I kinda stopped and started a conversation with them . Both were very kind and welcoming to me. Breanna's very tall ...but Morgan is not that far behind. ~ Just thought I'd share ....

Reaction Score
You're probably right Nan ... just too excited to practice common sense at the time ...

Reaction Score
Lol. Love this board! Next time pretend ur a tourist and take pics.

Reaction Score
I always allow players their privacy when they're out...anywhere. When I see wnba players at games, in the arena before or after games, I have no problem asking for autographs. Once they're shopping, eating, etc...they're left alone. I'd never stalk a college kid anywhere...just wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I always allow players their privacy when they're out...anywhere. When I see wnba players at games, in the arena before or after games, I have no problem asking for autographs. Once they're shopping, eating, etc...they're left alone. I'd never stalk a college kid anywhere...just wrong.
"Stalk" might be too much word there. You know, we can all be a little star struck by our Huskies. Still, as gracious as the players almost unfailingly are, they are entitled to time off, just like the rest of us.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"Stalk" might be too much word there. You know, we can all be a little star struck by our Huskies. Still, as gracious as the players almost unfailingly are, they are entitled to time off, just like the rest of us.
Totally agree. Stalking was a poor choice of words. These players are like superstars to the UCONN faithful. I actually admire 4's understated self control. ;)

Imagine a bunch of teenage girls seeing One Direction at the mall (and 4's reaction were s/he a screaming teenage girl!!). Pandemonium. Or a Miami fan seeing Lebron and Dwayne. I agree our ladies need their down time, but I'm sure they are also aware that to us, they are huge celebrities...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think it may be creepy for a "older man" to be following them... I think that's the point, not so much for a 16yr old girl chasing down Justin Timberlake.

4T not calling YOU creepy but Im sure u understand

Reaction Score
This is why it is so hard for them to be kids. Why would you do this? It's impossible to go out, shop or have dinner without constant interruptions.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not concerned about someone being curious about what a couple of players were doing at WestFarms and thus following them briefly. Good on them for making a trek from Storrs to one of the nicer ones. Plus some chance your daughter might be excited to see them. As long as you don't offer them improper benefits, it's OK to be a fan. Just neither booster nor fanatic. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Not concerned about someone being curious about what a couple of players were doing at WestFarms and thus following them briefly. Good on them for making a trek from Storrs to one of the nicer ones. Plus some chance your daughter might be excited to see them. As long as you don't offer them improper benefits, it's OK to be a fan. Just neither booster nor fanatic. :)
good point... WestFarms is further but better than Buckland!

HGN

Reaction Score
I don't believe 4ontheT meant to stalk..........Just being curious and star struck. Probably not a good idea to follow , but its done , and probably won't happen again.

Glad to know though that the girls are back on campus , relaxed , and being ordinary girls out window shopping ............ Now if 40ntheT had seen A'ja Wilson hanging out with them and overheard them talking NC in 2015... Don't follow , listen in , and report back to the board.........:cool::)

Reaction Score
I think it may be creepy for a "older man" to be following them... I think that's the point, not so much for a 16yr old girl chasing down Justin Timberlake.
4T not calling YOU creepy but Im sure u understand

The word "stalking" gets trotted out way too easily. It has to take place repeatedly over an extended period to qualify as such.

At the first UConn game I attended I carried a sign in Russian aimed at Svetlana Abrosimova, of course. When I got home I was inundated with phone calls from friends who had seen me on TV with the sign, which, believe it or not, ultimately made Sports Illustrated.

Of course, one idiot ragged me for months about "stalking." I had all I could do to restrain myself from kicking his fat @ss.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you were a fan at a basketball game... not a stranger at a public mall within reach of these young ladies

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
you were a fan at a basketball game... not a stranger at a public mall within reach of these young ladies
Stalking is not a singular event it is a series of actions. Following a public figure a short distance and offering a greeting is not stalking.

I had briefly met Kelly Faris once when sometime later I encountered her, some of the team and her family across City Steam Brewery during the Big East tournament as I waited with a group of Boneyarders. Kelly and I made eye contact from 30+ feet exchanged and she recognized me as I gave her a thumbs up, large bears are very obvious in public, and she smiled and we waved. Such impromptu exchanges do not meet the definition of stalking. sometimes it is just being polite and cordial.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Anyone else remember the "WalMart" poster of a few years ago? I can't remember the guys screen name but that was a stalker.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
why am I being schooled on "stalking"... did I use that word?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog