Countdown to Tip-Off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Countdown to Tip-Off

Reaction Score
"Amy Duran? Some snotty private school kid." - Geno Auriemma.

She arrived during the 1995 season and Uconn was 101-8 during her first three seasons. She was a senior when Sue Bird was a freshmen. Sound player not flashy.

Never heard of her before. Grazi.

Reaction Score
I remember her very well. Solid roll player from Maryland who did a lot of the dirty work. Great attitude and very consistent. #45 is scoring with 1,000 points and #23 in three point baskets with 133.

Reaction Score
Now we gotta wait til 15. Stupid NCAA basketball numbering scheme. It's not like the refs don't come over and say the number anyway.
What would happen if someone got uniform numbers 16-19?

Reaction Score
I remember her very well. Solid roll player from Maryland who did a lot of the dirty work. Great attitude and very consistent. #45 is scoring with 1,000 points and #23 in three point baskets with 133.
Super high free throw percentage as well. She was a favorite of mine during her tenure.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What would happen if someone got uniform numbers 16-19?
Any player wearing a number with a digit over five would be assessed with a technical or not allowed to play. No digit larger than five is allowed in high school or college. It makes it easier for an official to give the scorer the number of the player fouled or the one who committed the foul or the player involved in whatever. The official has only five fingers so if a player wore a number six, when the official holds up five fingers on one hand and one finger on the other hand, how would the scorer know if he is signalling number six or number 51 or number 15?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I guess we could revert to some form of math:

Gabby PLUS Moriah for today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Any player wearing a number with a digit over five would be assessed with a technical or not allowed to play. No digit larger than five is allowed in high school or college. It makes it easier for an official to give the scorer the number of the player fouled or the one who committed the foul or the player involved in whatever. The official has only five fingers so if a player wore a number six, when the official holds up five fingers on one hand and one finger on the other hand, how would the scorer know if he is signalling number six or number 51 or number 15?
Like I said, since they run over to the table anyway, they could just say #19. They actually don't have to use their fingers. The scorers table already knows who's on the floor. They only got 5 numbers to choose from. I don't think it would be that hard really. Heck, the player raises their hand anyway.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Like I said, since they run over to the table anyway, they could just say #19. They actually don't have to use their fingers. The scorers table already knows who's on the floor. They only got 5 numbers to choose from. I don't think it would be that hard really. Heck, the player raises their hand anyway.

Some how the refs managed to figure this out:
91.jpg

Reaction Score
It would be really easy to have all the numbers from 0 to 1023. Just use binary!! Even single handed would get up all numbers up to 31.
Can you see it now - a ref calling a foul then sitting down in the corner to figure out which fingers to hold up.
But then imagine never running out of numbers that have been retired!!
(there might be a few obscene ones in there too - lol (I'm sorry - the number 4 is not allowed)

Reaction Score
It would be really easy to have all the numbers from 0 to 1023. Just use binary!! Even single handed would get up all numbers up to 31.
Can you see it now - a ref calling a foul then sitting down in the corner to figure out which fingers to hold up.
But then imagine never running out of numbers that have been retired!!
(there might be a few obscene ones in there too - lol (I'm sorry - the number 4 is not allowed)
132 is a no-no!!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The refs are not supposed to run to the table every time a foul is called. That is too time consuming and could eventually tire out an official. The high school and college rules call for officials to give signals without going to the table. Every player does not raise his or her hand when assessed a foul. It has been a long time since that has been required. The NBA does not care about the size of the digits and some of their rules are a lot different from high school and college, but you know that. If you have a problem with the rule of not having a digit over five you should take it up with the high school and college rules makers.

Reaction Score
How does the scorer know if you mean 15 or 51 now?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Today's countdown ...

Two times (Diana plus Morgan plus Megan)

I believe that Tuck is in China and playing in the slot formerly held by one Maya Moore. Best wishes to Morgan!!

untitled-11.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ok I'm not in the twitter verse but the UCONN women's basketball stopped the countdown with Tierney Lawlor at #20, That was understandable but it was 8 days ago.
In the mean time They Missed out on some of my favorite numbers.
I gonna resume my own count down with the Gabalous one and go from there until we get caught up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom