Could This Be The Best Team Ever? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Could This Be The Best Team Ever?

Reaction Score
What a wonderful world for Husky fans (or is is arrogance?). The title of the post asks about the "best team ever" and all we're debating are best UConn teams ever. Guess no non-UConn team is even in that discussion, huh?

I wouldn't put any team other a few UCONN teams in the discussion. IMO the 2001-02 team and last year's team were incomparable. That shouldn't mean I'm arrogant or I think so because I'm just a husky fan - unless you want to talk about pre-1995. I never saw them so I have no reason to declare them as GOAT.

IMO from what I've seen since 1995, just a few of the UCONN teams last year and 01-02 are the GOAT. IMO I'm right. That's not arrogant and has nothing to do with me being a Husky fan. I'm a fan of other sports and I don't declare this.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't put any team other a few UCONN teams in the discussion. IMO the 2001-02 team and last year's team were incomparable. That shouldn't mean I'm arrogant or I think so because I'm just a husky fan - unless you want to talk about pre-1995. I never saw them so I have no reason to declare them as GOAT.

IMO from what I've seen since 1995, just a few of the UCONN teams last year and 01-02 are the GOAT. IMO I'm right. That's not arrogant and has nothing to do with me being a Husky fan. I'm a fan of other sports and I don't declare this.

hoophuskee- - -IMO the 2000-2001 team has to be talked about with all the other elite teams discussion!
Even though they lost to TN during the season and to ND in FF Semi's they had 7 AA's and 3/4 of the team played in the WNBA! The injuries to Svet and Shea tore the team to pieces from Big East Tournament on!
Geno thinks so also!

Reaction Score
What a wonderful world for Husky fans (or is is arrogance?). The title of the post asks about the "best team ever" and all we're debating are best UConn teams ever. Guess no non-UConn team is even in that discussion, huh?

bags27- - -When you get down to the facts, there have been good and really good teams from other programs that make for an interesting discussion, but looking at numbers of AA's, WNBA players, quality players over seas, and high quality players that couldn't but should have qualified for AA honors such as Jamell Elliot, Kia Nurse, Kelly Faris, Tiffany Hayes, and several others, the discussion of greatest teams ever in WCBB have to begin and end with UCONN teams!
The good teams from TN, ND, TX, Old Dominion, GA, Alabama, TX Tech, VA, Stanford, USCal, etc played in eras where the big competition was numbered under 5 total, where since 2000 the level of competition has been at a higher, & higher level so the UCONN teams beat better competition each year to reach the top of the pyramid!
And IMHO that isn't arrogance that's facts! Just look at Saniya Chong, Ketia Swanier, Jessica Moore, Kelly Schumacher, Charde Houston, and others that were part-timers for most of their UCONN teams but have had several successful years in the WNBA! S. Chong is among the success stories of a UCONN program, where after her 1st 3 years at CT NO-ONE would have said she'd be drafted let alone successfully helping her Dallas team in so many ways!
Before it's done there will be over 30 UCONN alumni, coaches & ex-players in either the WBB Hall of Fame in Knoxville and/or in the BB Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA!
What the UCONN WCBB program has and will accomplish is among the elite teams in any amateur or professional Sports in Male or Female sports in the USA.

Reaction Score
hoophuskee- - -IMO the 2000-2001 team has to be talked about with all the other elite teams discussion!
Even though they lost to TN during the season and to ND in FF Semi's they had 7 AA's and 3/4 of the team played in the WNBA! The injuries to Svet and Shea tore the team to pieces from Big East Tournament on!
Geno thinks so also!

No problem RSHER -- we all have different opinions as to who we like and why. Which is why each of thinks we are right but in actuality imo a lot comes down to own POV how you like game to be played etc.

For example for me I wouldn't put 00-01 anywhere near all-time great. I did hear Geno once talking about all-time great teams and then he added 00-01 team and I think he mentioned they were his most talented/ among most etc. But I can't recall he ever said any team is best ever.

But if he did-- and he mentioned any team other 01-02 or 15-16- his team wouldn't be mine. In my personal POV you have to be undefeated to be in the conversation. Secondly, you have to win it all. In regards to undefeated; for me a team that has that monkey on their back of the overall pressure for the entire season without one slip up shows me they have not only an elite will not lose but were always under constant pressure to never falter. For me -- as a team that is a huge part of being GREATEST of ALL-TIME.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom